Aurora Indica - CFL - Soil - Grow

DankestBuds42

Hey everyone! A big :welcome: to my second grow journal! Some quick background info for ya: My main tent became a little crowded, I'm wanting to harvest sooner than later but one of my clones is way behind the others, I have a bunch of spare CFL's, as well I found a super cheap desk lamp at Walmart. All of these factors have led to my newly created veg room!

What strain is it? Aurora Indica Femenized by Nirvana Seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Predominantly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? She is 47 days old from clipping.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of shelf unit? 27" wide, 12" deep, and 19.5" tall (minus 8.5" for the pot height) equals 11.5" of vertical grow space.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 3/5 Organic potting mix, 2/5 Growers Delight Organic Compost
If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon fabric pot
Size of light? One 23w CFL with potential for upgrades, set to 20/4 (hopefully).
Is it aircooled? Nope
Temp of Room/cab? Probably room temperature.
RH of Room/cab? Probably 40%
PH of media or res? Don't pay much attention to PH unless I see a big issue.
Any Pests ? THERE BETTER FREAKING NOT BE. Thrips have been gone for weeks so I'm not concerned. If I see any I have my D.E. at the ready.
How often are you watering? When pot is almost light as air but before plants start to droop. Not on a watering schedule of any kind.
Type and strength of ferts used? Just straight tap water so far with some Sea Storm kelp nutrients on occasion. Amount of SS is random but the plants love it.

Here's the good stuff.
NewVegRoom1.jpg
InsideTheVegRoom.jpg
TwoTopClone.jpg

TwoTopAIClone.jpg

Picked up a bunch of light socket dividers and a pack of 4 daylight 60w CFL's that use 14w at the wall. 5000K, 800 lumens x 4 = 3200 lumens. 60wx4=240w. That's a good start, but I want to make a CFL Tree. Getting there. Lights are kept between 1 and 4 inches away. I've decided to call this plant Harmony c:
VegRoomUpdate.jpg

VegRoomUpdateCloseUp.jpg

She was loving the solo 100w CFL and is loving this quad set up even more! Reaching for those lights! I stupidly tightened the 100w bulb too much and it popped.. Cheap as heck though so no worries. I'll be much more gentle from now on. Will keep you guys updated on my CFL Tree. Have a great Saturday everyone!

I just got done growing Aurora Indica's in soil. I was very happy with the result. This will be fun to watch under CFLs. I'm along for the ride and good luck!

Hey Asesino! Yeah I did a little creeping of your AI grow, you produced a sea of monster colas! Amazing work. My thoughts exactly. I've never grown with CFLs so I'm stoked to see how she goes. Glad to have you here bud :D

I'll be sitting in to watch this, love a good cfl grow

Hey Jimdog! Pull up a comfy chair homie, the show is just about to begin. I noticed you don't have a journal in your signature. Do you have any grows going on?

Just need to clarify one thing for the record. I currently have two journals. One will be for my main tent (veg and flower), and this one will be for my spare veg space. I will be keeping Harmony under CFLs until my main tent harvest completion. At which point I will put her in the main tent and grow her out with my 600w MH/HPS combo.
This veg space is not light tight and does not have ventilation or odor control at all. So terrible conditions for a flowering room. I would be down for an early start on harvest but I'm not risking danking up my apartment complex haha.

Made a ghetto reflector out of tin foil. Works perfect though.
VegRoomWithReflector10_16_16.jpg

HarmonysNewReflector10_16_16.jpg

Saw another thrip. Used a generous amount of D.E. and haven't seen it or any others since.
HarmonyD_E_Treatment10_16_16.jpg

May all your gardens flourish :)

Now that I have an entire new grow space to fill up, I've decided to start my spare bagseed! I've been saving any seeds I obtain from dispensary bud and I have a small collection. One Grand Daddy Purple, one Agent Orange, and one CBD God Bud. I can remove the lowest shelf for more space when the time comes.
NewSeeds10_16_16.jpg

I usually soak my seeds in water for 24-48 hours before throwing them on wet paper towel. This time I must have been kind of zoned out because I just put them straight on paper towel with a SeaStorm/water mixture. No harm done. I have a small 6" fan circulating the air, and the back of the shelf unit is pulled slightly away from the wall to allow to air to enter and escape.

Stay Frosty Everyone c:

Hey Asesino! Yeah I did a little creeping of your AI grow, you produced a sea of monster colas! Amazing work. My thoughts exactly. I've never grown with CFLs so I'm stoked to see how she goes. Glad to have you here bud :D

Hey Jimdog! Pull up a comfy chair homie, the show is just about to begin. I noticed you don't have a journal in your signature. Do you have any grows going on?
I sure do buddy, I use my phone app so can't change the signature. This link should work tho

Jimdogggy

Just a quick update before I call it a night. Took two clippings, one from Flow and one from Athena. Both female. So now I have three clones in the veg room, plus three seeds germinating. Gonna have to make use of my extra light socket splitters soon haha. Have a small fan blowing around air. Conditions are near perfect with hardly any effort.
New AI clone
VegRoomNewAIClone.jpg

Flow's Clone 2.0
FlowsClone2_0.jpg

Veg Room Clones
VegRoomClones.jpg

Duo CFL set up over Harmony.
DuoCFLSetUp.jpg

DuoLightSetUp.jpg

Have a great night everyone!

Good job everything is going well! May I ask, have you grown before? Also I feel if you left your cfl that close to the plant for to long they could get burnt. Maybe move it away like Half the size of your thumb? This is going to be a great grow nonetheless

Jimdogggy

:high-five:

Good job everything is going well! May I ask, have you grown before? Also I feel if you left your cfl that close to the plant for to long they could get burnt. Maybe move it away like Half the size of your thumb? This is going to be a great grow nonetheless

Hey Jimdog, glad to hear from ya! I have grown some house plants over the years but this is my first official cannabis grow. Appreciate your concern homie! But that's how far away the lights are! About a thumb width. Might be hard to tell from pics. I use the finger test. I put my fingers in between the lights and the clone and if it's too hot I just back it up. I can hold the bulb continuously and it wont get hot. Just nice and warm. Right now I readjust the lights a couple times per day so it's all good in the hood. Get stoked for my eventual CFL tree though haha. Cheers bud.

:high-five:

Hey Jimdog, glad to hear from ya! I have grown some house plants over the years but this is my first official cannabis grow. Appreciate your concern homie! But that's how far away the lights are! About a thumb width. Might be hard to tell from pics. I use the finger test. I put my fingers in between the lights and the clone and if it's too hot I just back it up. I can hold the bulb continuously and it wont get hot. Just nice and warm. Right now I readjust the lights a couple times per day so it's all good in the hood. Get stoked for my eventual CFL tree though haha. Cheers bud.
Congrats on the first grow you'll get great help on here. Maybe it's just the picture that the lights looks closer then they are. :)

Jimdogggy

I was just in my closet checking my ladies and actually placed my hand ON the CFL and LED bulb..did not get burned.
and on the T8 a leaf has been leaning against it for a week and no burn at all.
Glad you caught the bugs :goodjob:..
I am waiting for some (tongue twister name) diatomaceous earth to sprinkle over my nasty bugs...

I am adding 8 t8 4 warm and 4 cold lights ,120 cm, to my closet to see how it goes.

Congrats on the first grow you'll get great help on here. Maybe it's just the picture that the lights looks closer then they are. :)

Hey Jimdog. Whoops. Sorry bud, misunderstood your phrasing. Harmony is a clipping from my very first cannabis plant. I have 10 other girls on the go under my 600w mh. Link in my sig. Ages and strains vary, Ezra the AI is almost 4 months old! Getting close to our first flower cycle! Much excitement. Just gotta make sure all the thrips are gone. I need to change the name of this journal to "DankestBuds Veg Room Perpetual". Do you know how to do this or know someone who does? Hope you're doing well man. Stay golden.

I was just in my closet checking my ladies and actually placed my hand ON the CFL and LED bulb..did not get burned.
and on the T8 a leaf has been leaning against it for a week and no burn at all.
Glad you caught the bugs :goodjob:..
I am waiting for some (tongue twister name) diatomaceous earth to sprinkle over my nasty bugs...

I am adding 8 t8 4 warm and 4 cold lights ,120 cm, to my closet to see how it goes.

Hey AngryBird, I've been super busy with work/girlfriend/garden/other and I'm still getting the hang of being a regular here, so I haven't had a chance to check out your stuff. But I have tonight and tomorrow off work so it'll give me time to catch up. Your journal is up next! A closet grow sounds like the bees knees for stealth! My set up is the opposite of stealth but my landlord is pretty whatever about it so as long as there is no smells, no worries.

Wow, that's impressive. I don't let my girls actually touch the bulb as I think it might burn them. T8's sound really cool if they don't burn plants. And you're adding 12? Damn! What's the wattage/output like?

I keep thinking the thrips are gone but then there's eventually one more. Worried they might survive into flower. Better freaking not. Is your D.E. coming in the mail? Hopefully it arrives soon! Great stuff, definitely a tongue twister haha. Hope all is well in your garden :ganjamon:

Hey everyone, got some updates for ya! Forgive me if I ramble but growing gets me more excited than anything else and I have no one to share it with. But I do have good news!

Disassembled a free lamp from work and hung the socket to a shelf board with some hemp cord. Used one light socket splitter and two more 100w daylight cfls. 23w at the wall. 2 are 1600 lumens, 2 are 1620. Harmony is growing quite rapidly! I used a bunch of D.E. and completely covered all her surfaces. In just a couple days she has grown a bunch of new leaf! Gave her another dressing of D.E. just to be on the safe side.
VegRoomNewLights.jpg

Flow's Clone 2.0 is looking kind of sad. Have been pretty lazy on misting her, gave her a little shower tonight. Will let you know if she improves. The Kish of God clone on the other hand is looking phenomenal! Her mom had super thick branches so this clone looks exactly the same when I first planted her if not better. Almost certain she has grown but I just stuck her in the soil the other day. I'll wait until there is more growth to say for sure but if so, that is the fastest I have ever seen a clone root. Blowing my mind a little. All the plants really like the cfls. Neat considering they are powered by desk lamps hahaha. If people can grow with walmart desk lamps, literally anyone can grow if they desire!
NewVegRoomLightSetUp.jpg

The three bagseed I have germinating are 1xGrand Daddy Purple, 1xAgent Orange, and 1xCBD God Bud. All show no signs of life. Started them on Oct 17th. Usually I soak the seeds for 24-48 hours then transition to paper towel, but this time I zoned out and just put the seeds on wet paper towel with sea storm (canadian kelp) mixture. Want to see if they'll still do their thing this way. The seeds are pretty big and a little green. Hopefully they are all good. I would be unbelievably ecstatic if they all showed roots. If not, at least they were free. I am a huge fan of variety.
I'm also interested with cross breeding and making seeds now that I have another grow space than my main veg/flower room. I just want some home grown bud to smoke before I get into seed making. Maybe if one of these three bagseed are male I will let him do his thing around the ladies.
I would very much like to continue the Kish of God strain if possible. Amazing bud from dispensary. Haven't smoked some in a little while as I'm paying off the last of my debt. I also really enjoy how thick the stems and even the leaves just naturally are. To me that says she has good genes for what I'd want in a future grow.
I currently just have this one shelf unit for my perpetual veg room, but as the plants grow up I can expand if necessary. I can also keep them short and thicken up their stems with defol. I'm considering building a super stealth cannabis veg room/herb/vegetable garden combo. Ceilings are over 11 feet tall so I have lots of vertical space to work with. Just an idea for now. Still need the funds and to make some designs. I mainly need to keep these plants alive and happy until I can cycle them into my flower room. To keep the spirit of the veg room alive I will always have at least one plant going in this journal. Happy growing :)

The moderators. LOL. Find the people with their complete names instead of nickname. Or you could go to support section and ask for it over there.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom