Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Hey dudes, I'm new to 420 and even newer to growing. I've spent many happy days in the last month researching 420 grow journals and guides. I have been inspired by the helpful info and encouraging attitude of all members, and I can't wait to get in on it.

this brings me to my first question to the 420 Community — what does the 10 weeks to Flowering Time mean? As advertised on seed bank sites - here is an example:
AutoUltimate Feminised Seeds
Sex: Feminised
THC Content: High
Flowering Time: 10 weeks
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Variety: Indica / Sativa
Yield: High (500g +)
Genetics: AutoMazar x Auto strains
Grows: Greenhouse /Grows indoors /Grows outdoors
Height: 80-100 cm

I've included some multiple-choice options below:
a. Means harvest in 10 weeks.
b. Means flowering stops at 10 weeks and need to do 2-week flush before harvest.
c. Means plant will switch to flowing in 10 weeks (can't be right for an auto).
d. None of the above — if so then what the hell does it mean.

10 weeks flowering means 10 weeks from the time the first flower is seen. It varies though.

And usually takes longer than advertised. Autos start to flower about 3-3 1/2 weeks no matter what light schedule you have them on. Photos will start with there 10 weeks after you flip the lights to 12 on 12 off. I think breeders when they say 10 weeks are in a very controlled environment and what most of us find it will run longer than the 10 weeks. Only real way to tell when to start flushing is to look at the tricomes

Gato - thanks dude, that makes sense.
Derby - OK, 10 weeks flowering time (usually more) + 3-3.5 weeks before flowering starts = advertised harvest date. Good guidance.

My current (first ever) grow is maturing now - my new grow will start close to Xmas day. I plan to up my yield from my newbie grow by following a lot of guidance from other members that I've read in completed grow journals. Great way to pass the time on these cold winter nights while your plants are growing.

I plan do my own grow journal this time - and have spent all day composing my first page of info - I haven't felt this exited about Xmas since before the whole Santa conspiracy thing was revealed to me. The flowering time question came up because I wanted to include a rough schedule of when things will happen in the intro of planned journal.

Thanks for your help dudes.

Gato - thanks dude, that makes sense.
Derby - OK, 10 weeks flowering time (usually more) + 3-3.5 weeks before flowering starts = advertised harvest date. Good guidance.

My current (first ever) grow is maturing now - my new grow will start close to Xmas day. I plan to up my yield from my newbie grow by following a lot of guidance from other members that I've read in completed grow journals. Great way to pass the time on these cold winter nights while your plants are growing.

I plan do my own grow journal this time - and have spent all day composing my first page of info - I haven't felt this exited about Xmas since before the whole Santa conspiracy thing was revealed to me. The flowering time question came up because I wanted to include a rough schedule of when things will happen in the intro of planned journal.

Thanks for your help dudes.
A journal is the only way to go. It helps having others to be able to see your everyday problems and be able to help out and they make a great cheerleading team when things go right. Also it gives you somewhere to look back to later on to see what you might be missing

And usually takes longer than advertised. Autos start to flower about 3-3 1/2 weeks no matter what light schedule you have them on. Photos will start with there 10 weeks after you flip the lights to 12 on 12 off. I think breeders when they say 10 weeks are in a very controlled environment and what most of us find it will run longer than the 10 weeks. Only real way to tell when to start flushing is to look at the tricomes

my last grow was advertised 9-10 weeks seed to harvest it took her 14.5 weeks! and thats an auto

my last grow was advertised 9-10 weeks seed to harvest it took her 14.5 weeks! and thats an auto

Lol. Yeah. I am just finishing up 8 Black Jacks that have ranged from 63 days to one that probably won't finish until day 140. Average was 77. Sweet seeds says 9-10 weeks. I agree. Journals are super helpful.

Hey dudes, I'm new to 420 and even newer to growing. I've spent many happy days in the last month researching 420 grow journals and guides. I have been inspired by the helpful info and encouraging attitude of all members, and I can't wait to get in on it.

this brings me to my first question to the 420 Community — what does the 10 weeks to Flowering Time mean? As advertised on seed bank sites - here is an example:
AutoUltimate Feminised Seeds
Sex: Feminised
THC Content: High
Flowering Time: 10 weeks
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Variety: Indica / Sativa
Yield: High (500g +)
Genetics: AutoMazar x Auto strains
Grows: Greenhouse /Grows indoors /Grows outdoors
Height: 80-100 cm

I've included some multiple-choice options below:
a. Means harvest in 10 weeks.
b. Means flowering stops at 10 weeks and need to do 2-week flush before harvest.
c. Means plant will switch to flowing in 10 weeks (can't be right for an auto).
d. None of the above — if so then what the hell does it mean.

ive checked DP website and the 10 weeks they mention is seed to harvest but expect 2 weeks extra My Blue Automazar from dutch passion went 103 days whilst they advertised 75 days (11w adverstised 14.5 weeks in reality)

A journal is the only way to go. It helps having others to be able to see your everyday problems and be able to help out and they make a great cheerleading team when things go right. Also it gives you somewhere to look back to later on to see what you might be missing

Derby - exactly what I was thinking - gonna do a journal for all the reasons you mentioned. Have you made any yourself?

Ptero - That's helpful info and I expect the same with my upcoming strain choices. I don't mind the extra wait as I've chosen 2 big auto girls with long flowering times for a reason - if all goes to plan then gonna top at 14 days just like thebeast27 did back in 2015/216 with his now legendary Auto Topping LED Grow ​journal.

ive checked DP website and the 10 weeks they mention is seed to harvest but expect 2 weeks extra My Blue Automazar from dutch passion went 103 days whilst they advertised 75 days (11w adverstised 14.5 weeks in reality)

Yeah dude - your're right - they've got a little seed to scissor picture = 10 weeks. Just gonna have to wait and see own results.

Derby - exactly what I was thinking - gonna do a journal for all the reasons you mentioned. Have you made any yourself?
Just getting done with one that was all autos. I'll have a new one tonight that will be all photos. Take some time and stop in sometime. I'm not the best grower but I do have more confidence going into this one

Greetings Mizz Beachbum ! I wouldn't take that time to literally. A lot depends on set up and seeds. I have let my Girl Scout Cookies go an extra few weeks past their stated grow time and the results are epic, far bigger and stickier buds, so go by eye, they will let you know when its time to come down.

Just getting done with one that was all autos. I'll have a new one tonight that will be all photos. Take some time and stop in sometime. I'm not the best grower but I do have more confidence going into this one

Derby - top marks on your Help My Daughter journal. Great reasons to start growing and my thoughts are with you - all the best with your grows. I've only read the first 3 pages so far, but have bookmarked my place to read further. Picking up a few heavy-hitting members like Pennywise and SweetSue along the way seems like a great way to start a grow.

Anyone have experience with OO Seeds Bubblegum Auto? I would post a pic, but have to have a visitor I can trust to take it and get it emailed to me. Maybe later. It is currently at 45 days flowering and buds are getting very chunky (credit to my home made banana/bunch of other stuff organic nutrients juice).

I recently saw a video at youtube of BG Auto at day 78 (I think 78). How many days should I expect it to go? Is harvest of the whole plant done on the same day? Or in sequence?

Thanks

I count on 100 days for my autos. Some go longer. I usually harvest in one day. But for my gorilla glue auto, I harvested in two parts about 10 days apart if I remember right. Check the trichomes to know when to harvest. .

Agreed! From what I understand, you should count on at least a week more than what the manufacturer says and the trichomes are the best way to determine when the plant is ready to harvest.

I count on 100 days for my autos. Some go longer. I usually harvest in one day. But for my gorilla glue auto, I harvested in two parts about 10 days apart if I remember right. Check the trichomes to know when to harvest.
Where did you find GG AUTO?

Thanks FN. That youtube guy said he was going to chop at day 78. That they were still putting out new white pistles, but he was pulling them early. If it goes 100 days? The buds should be huge....comparing at day 45 so far. I saw a BG Auto pic by Old School with a huge cola, but chalked that up to it being done by Old School. You did not say you had done BG...so assuming not, but the info given is helpful just the same. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom