Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Thanks Moonshine! She broke surface on 9/27, so today is 9 weeks. As you can see, she underwent some LST. Otherwise, she would be over ~30 inches tall. I think the main cola will probably be ready in ~2 weeks. The other buds are probably at least a week behind that.

That looks killer bro! She’s frosty. Mine have virtually no frost in the tent, but had much more when grown outdoors! I guess overproducing resin to keep itself protected from moisture /humidity. Looking good bro!

its he lack of UV that causes the lower resin ... ad some 6500k tl and you'll get a bit of UV and thus more resin ...thats what i do

420-magazine-mobile191693073.jpg

Half way through harvesting 1 of 3 Girl Scout Cookies, the first half of the plant has given me over 300g of buds wet, and I have another 8 big colas and the main cola to go ! I can't believe how much weed this little plant keeps on throwing out. Its not the biggest plant either, the 2nd seed to pop produced a monster plant. Number 3 has the single biggest bud. All different yielders !

Hi 420 Auto grow experts ..

I'm seeking advice on a good auto to grow outdoors - probably drop the seed btw Christmas and new year. I'm in Australia, about -35deg south.

So it will get the full benefit of the summer sun for 2+months and the location for it gets great sun into autumn as well.

I've been thinking I'd like to have a White Widow, or a Blueberry of some kind. Still learning about strains and genetics but from what I've read they both sounds like genetics I should have in my life.

So I'm hoping to get some input from you all about good Breeders for them, or any other auto strains you'd recommend for outdoor growing.

I know you all know what you're in about in this department, so I'm sure you'll be able to set me straight! ..

420-magazine-mobile191693073.jpg

Half way through harvesting 1 of 3 Girl Scout Cookies, the first half of the plant has given me over 300g of buds wet, and I have another 8 big colas and the main cola to go ! I can't believe how much weed this little plant keeps on throwing out. Its not the biggest plant either, the 2nd seed to pop produced a monster plant. Number 3 has the single biggest bud. All different yielders !

Hey Wounded - I've enjoyed following that grow. Super impressive effort from you and your girls ..

Hi 420 Auto grow experts ..

I’m seeking advice on a good auto to grow outdoors - probably drop the seed btw Christmas and new year. I’m in Australia, about -35deg south.

So it will get the full benefit of the summer sun for 2+months and the location for it gets great sun into autumn as well.

I’ve been thinking I’d like to have a White Widow, or a Blueberry of some kind. Still learning about strains and genetics but from what I’ve read they both sounds like genetics I should have in my life.

So I’m hoping to get some input from you all about good Breeders for them, or any other auto strains you’d recommend for outdoor growing.

I know you all know what you’re in about in this department, so I’m sure you’ll be able to set me straight! ..

I grew a Dutch passion blue auto Mazar that did great outdoors.

I grew a Dutch passion blue auto Mazar that did great outdoors.

blue auto mazar is one of the best strains DP has to offer ... i grew it indoor and i had no issues at all its a strong plant ... its been harvested last wednesday and is hanging to dry as we speak ...

Thank you both ..

Do either of you have a pic of it while it was growing and flowering? .

My girl is maturing very quickly now that she's back in the tent with the lights and higher temps. I'm seeing ~75% milky and ~5% amber, so probably going to harvest by next Wednesday. What's strange is that there is no fading/discoloration of the older fan leaves (see photos above). I have not added any nutes all grow, but I probably used too much worm castings and alfalfa meal (for N) when I put my soil together for a smallish auto to use up during a short veg period.

My question is: Is there any downside to the plant ending the grow with all these green leaves? Will I have a harder time getting the chlorophyll taste to go away?

My girl is maturing very quickly now that she's back in the tent with the lights and higher temps. I'm seeing ~75% milky and ~5% amber, so probably going to harvest by next Wednesday. What's strange is that there is no fading/discoloration of the older fan leaves (see photos above). I have not added any nutes all grow, but I probably used too much worm castings and alfalfa meal (for N) when I put my soil together for a smallish auto to use up during a short veg period.

My question is: Is there any downside to the plant ending the grow with all these green leaves? Will I have a harder time getting the chlorophyll taste to go away?

starving a plant has nothing to do with chlorophyl taste ... it is widely belived that the fading of the leafs is a sign that she runs out of nutrients and that she uses the minute salt and sugar reserves she has stocked in every cell ... ppl flush their plants to get that effect more pronounced to make sure no salts or sugars are left when harvesting so it makes for a smoother smoke ... and less black ash that sticks to your Joint

the chlorophyl taste and hay smell are effects that go away when the herb is left to starve in a airtight container ... the reason for this airtight container is cause THC breaks down as it oxidates into CBN ... no oxygen no decay of THC ... at the same time it allows the moisture to redestribute evenly through the bud to get the perfect bud to smoke ... so the goal of a cure is to buy time to have the chlorophyl decay but save as much of the THC as possible and to prevent to get the buds to dry and retain perfect moisture lvl (62%)

It's a good thing. Means you'll get maximum thc due to the plant absorbing every last bit of light. No it will not make the taste awful. Just make sure to flush for 2 weeks or so before harvest. Great job BTW on your grow

Thanks for your responses and reassurance. I've always wondered about the typical "starving" a plant to get the best out of it. I guess it's because of my biodynamic approach. I feed the soil, which provides what the plant needs to grow in an optimum manner. From my other gardening, my philosophy has always been that a healthy plant provides healthy fruit. And I believe, probably in the minority, that a plant needs as many healthy leaves as possible, in order to capture as much light as possible, to produce sugars, that go towards making flowers and resins. It's all about energy.

I grok curing, and will be using Boveda62s.

Thanks DemonicAngel, but it wasn't really an all-out effort or a fair assessment of what the plant's true potential might be, due to the two weeks without adequate lights. But I am happy that she turned out as well as she did, despite all that.

I have another DP Blueberry Auto seed, so next time will be even better!

Hey dudes, I'm new to 420 and even newer to growing. I've spent many happy days in the last month researching 420 grow journals and guides. I have been inspired by the helpful info and encouraging attitude of all members, and I can't wait to get in on it.

this brings me to my first question to the 420 Community — what does the 10 weeks to Flowering Time mean? As advertised on seed bank sites - here is an example:
AutoUltimate Feminised Seeds
Sex: Feminised
THC Content: High
Flowering Time: 10 weeks
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Variety: Indica / Sativa
Yield: High (500g +)
Genetics: AutoMazar x Auto strains
Grows: Greenhouse /Grows indoors /Grows outdoors
Height: 80-100 cm

I've included some multiple-choice options below:
a. Means harvest in 10 weeks.
b. Means flowering stops at 10 weeks and need to do 2-week flush before harvest.
c. Means plant will switch to flowing in 10 weeks (can't be right for an auto).
d. None of the above — if so then what the hell does it mean.

Back
Top Bottom