Auto Topping Thread

Well, shes not getting taller but she is getting wider. Maybe shes just retarded?n I guess that's a good sign since it shows that shes growing. Wonder if I should top her or leave her alone when the time comes?

IMG_019342.JPG

Noobie grow is a strange looking youth?? She has a big home and perfect suroundings.time will tell mate.in just updated my 1600w led topping grow in my sig.ur welcome to have a look some nice plants;)happy growing every1;)

Yeah she's just weird but a lot of people do say that growing autos, this is what comes with the territory. Some grow how they want and at their own rate. I guess this is one of them. Maybe I can get 7 grams from her. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Xeno 3rd or 4th node. Bout 3 to 4 weeks of age.perfect time to top an auto;)

Thank you!!

Looking into this now - terrified I'd cut too much, honestly.
Topping trains it lower than fimming, yes?
:Namaste:

Xeno yes topping is better u will like the structure of plant it will produce quite amazing;) top work

Is this a good guide to follow as far as the proper location to top?

Really wanna make sure I'm reading true information.

EDIT: Assuming I'm not supposed to post links. Nvm.

Yea xeno ur in the pefrect place;) top work;)
.if u read my auto topping led grow ul learn all u need to knkw and more;)but il always be this thead aswell always waiting and willing to help any1;)

I love how one of your first lines is "These leds put off no heat, so happy"
I need to make the change. This hps is dangerous, even on 75%.

I've been reading that calmag deficiencies become a relative problem with leds.
How often/much do you find yourself needing to give them?

Also, when you top them, is there a certain number of leafsets you wait for?
and which node do you generally cut it above?:thanks:

I love how one of your first lines is "These leds put off no heat, so happy"
I need to make the change. This hps is dangerous, even on 75%.

I've been reading that calmag deficiencies become a relative problem with leds.
How often/much do you find yourself needing to give them?

Also, when you top them, is there a certain number of leafsets you wait for?
and which node do you generally cut it above?:thanks:

Hi Xenon,

I am glad I switched to LED, but I went from CFL to LED. When I top, I usually wait until I have 3 full sets of fans...I don't count the single finger that comes in after the cotyledons...and then I nip out the new growth. If you check out Yeatsters Journal on page 15 there is a very good view.
Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

Hi Xenon,

I am glad I switched to LED, but I went from CFL to LED. When I top, I usually wait until I have 3 full sets of fans...I don't count the single finger that comes in after the cotyledons...and then I nip out the new growth. If you check out Yeatsters Journal on page 15 there is a very good view.

Awesome, so 4 sets including the single fingers AFTER the cotyledons, to verify, yes?
Thank you!!

Xene yes 3rd or 4th node is perfect.and hps plants love how i started but led are alot cooler so make sure u keep the temps up during flower as cooler temps slows bud growth i learned this on my first run with leds.but i see the same growth rate as led.and since my last run i added the 3rd light and kept temps up during flower.but over all growth is proving great so all is good;)

Xene yes 3rd or 4th node is perfect.and hps plants love how i started but led are alot cooler so make sure u keep the temps up during flower as cooler temps slows bud growth i learned this on my first run with leds.but i see the same growth rate as led.and since my last run i added the 3rd light and kept temps up during flower.but over all growth is proving great so all is good;)

Thanks mate; I definitely don't think I'll have problems keeping the temps up, especially in a couple of weeks, bahahah.
Feel free to stop by my first journal, beast; I'll be topping my auto ak in a couple of days and I love all of the help and positivity you bring to an environment!:Namaste:

Xeno thanks dude and look forward to seeing ur garden.on way to work at mo but il be heading over to ur journel soom as get chance.keep it green mate;)

Hi Xenon,

Thanks for the props Schtiggy!

Thought I'd drop that pic you mentioned. If it helps one person I would be thrilled.

Before topping
IMG_20160204_082535315.jpg

After topping
IMG_20160204_140841169.jpg

Back
Top Bottom