Auto Topping Thread

Hi Yeats,

No, please feel free to chime in. I am still learning too. I thought the Boveda packs would only maintain RH and were just for storage. I read that they would not allow the cure to restart once it stopped. I actually thought that once the cure stopped (below 55%) that there was no way to restart it. can you direct me to what you read? If I would have had them to start, I would probably be fine.

I'm horrible with linking.
The site was "grow weed easy" the product mentioned is a "Boveda medium 62% humidipack".

Hope that helps.
Peace

I'm horrible with linking.
The site was "grow weed easy" the product mentioned is a "Boveda medium 62% humidipack".

Hope that helps.
Peace

I found it. It looks like they do say you can rehydrate and continue the cure. I will probably order a few of these, but it looks like it will take up to a week to get here. I wonder if that will be too late for this batch.

I put all 4 jars into two, and tightened them up a bit, hoping that the combined humidity and mass will slow it down. I think I may just leave it in there for now. I am good on my current supply for about another 3 weeks.
The RH is amazingly steady at 49, even after combining the containers. So maybe if I don't open them until the packs get here, I will still be able to get some type of cure going.
Some things I read say that once the cure stops...that's it, game over......some say you can restart.

My RH in the jar has not risen above 49%. I have read that anything under 55% and there will be no cure. I have 6.5 oz that will probably taste like chlorophyll and give me a sore throat :)

I've read the same thing but haven't sourced any definitive proof of this yet. I did manage to keep all mine above 55% so far so I don't have any actual experience with trying to restart a cure. Much of it I'm sure is somewhat subjective.

Hey Schtiggy, not to disregard the advice of beast, I was just reading some info on Boveda packs, for hydrating overly dried bud, which should bring RH up enough to continue cure. You've probably heard of this anyway.

*by no means am I trying to give advice to the people I seek advice from*

Boveda's claim is that they are the leader in 2 way humidity control. So my understanding is they will remove or add moisture (within some limits of course) but what is unclear to me is if there's truth to the theory that the cure won't restart.

Hi Yeats,

No, please feel free to chime in. I am still learning too. I thought the Boveda packs would only maintain RH and were just for storage. I read that they would not allow the cure to restart once it stopped. I actually thought that once the cure stopped (below 55%) that there was no way to restart it. can you direct me to what you read? If I would have had them to start, I would probably be fine.

I'm not sure I'd use them to try to dry just cut nugs, but they are supposed to remove or add humidity until they hit 62% and maintain at that.

There are other humidity levels you can get from them, but 62% is by far the most popular.

I found it. It looks like they do say you can rehydrate and continue the cure. I will probably order a few of these, but it looks like it will take up to a week to get here. I wonder if that will be too late for this batch. I put all 4 jars into two, and tightened them up a bit, hoping that the combined humidity and mass will slow it down. I think I may just leave it in there for now.

I'd close them up and try my best not to open them again until you get your boveda packs in, but I'd bet your batch will be fine. Maybe not perfect, but who's ever is. :)

Well im gna share the progress of this plant as it grows on this thread as i am topping her.its dutch passion automazar;) new born.sits in 4 gal smart pot 15.2 litres to be exact.filled with biobizz lightmix;) will be growing under led's.here she is day 1.
20160216_135555.JPG
20160216_135631.JPG
20160216_135703.JPG
. Happy growing every1;)

this is Maria day 84 or so. She got topped at third node and then I accidentally coderized one of her fluxes tips. I posted here before, so I guess this is an update.

She's bigger,bushier than her siblings and is going to be my prize plant from this crop. You can see the 3 main stems and then the bush of about 8 Colas where I essentially topped her again. She might be a 100 day auto but she's beautiful.
20160214_103414.jpg
20160214_103428.jpg

I've read the same thing but haven't sourced any definitive proof of this yet. I did manage to keep all mine above 55% so far so I don't have any actual experience with trying to restart a cure. Much of it I'm sure is somewhat subjective.

Boveda's claim is that they are the leader in 2 way humidity control. So my understanding is they will remove or add moisture (within some limits of course) but what is unclear to me is if there's truth to the theory that the cure won't restart.

I'm not sure I'd use them to try to dry just cut nugs, but they are supposed to remove or add humidity until they hit 62% and maintain at that.

There are other humidity levels you can get from them, but 62% is by far the most popular.

I'd close them up and try my best not to open them again until you get your boveda packs in, but I'd bet your batch will be fine. Maybe not perfect, but who's ever is. :)

Thought I'd give an update for anyone that may be interested. An interesting thing happened. My containers were stored in an area that was 68 degrees, pretty much constantly, and had a low humidity. I decided to move them to a warmer room and then after they warmed up to room temp, ad a humidifier. This way, no condensation caused by bringing the colder jars into a humid room. As the temp in the jar slowly started to rise, so did the the RH in the jars. They are currently at 73 degrees and 55% RH. Maybe my cure never stopped :) I'll have to wait and see.

Sni great plant mate but why is she so old.if u topped at 3rd node then lst u should of had a nice flowering structure by week 5 of life.maybe ur making things harder for yourself.but a big beautiful plant in great health top work.give u an idea here is my autoxtreme she is 4 and half weeks old in this pic.and should be finished in 5 weeks just starting to flower. Hope this helps.didnt top this lady but i did lst from a very early age;)autoxtreme;)
20160214_114706.JPG
20160214_114739.JPG
20160214_114815.JPG
DSC_15394.JPG
DSC_15433.JPG
20160214_114844.JPG
. Happy growing every1;)also will be updating today on my 1600w led grow.with pics of this plant and more 5 weeks old today;)

I'm almost ready to top my 3 autos.. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated on their progress.

At which point do you do this?-sorry for the obvious question. I just want to know when you're choosing to do so. I've read so many different times.

Sonic good lad i have an automazar above soil also day 1 today.gna be topping her.good times.;)

Ye mine will def get topped but just not sure what else there in for yet , fun times .
I might do one at the 2nd set and one at the 3rd , but remove the first set on both , so one with 1 set and one with 2 .
I think this may give a better structure to lst , not sure tho .
I'm rambling mate , but there will be something done differently between them .
Be safe .

La hi mate and thanks. I hope u have a fantastic time in spain u lucky man.dutch passion support is awsome my friend.i can now say the same u once told me. I now get looked after by dutch passion i do feel lucky and humbled to be doing great things for them.;):) be sure to fill ur pockets ha ha;) if anything ul.be dodging out the way as they throw things at u;) all well self earned. Top respect for u mate top gardner.and looking forward to ur dutch passion training mission il still be here doing the exact same ha ha;)

Back
Top Bottom