Automated grow boxes

420IS

Was considering getting a auto grow box for my next grow. Have considered all the DIY options and buying one is the only option. Looking for reviews from actual users of these boxes regarding built quality, yeild, quality and usage.
Brands I am looking at are grobo and super closet. If anyone have any else recommendation please share

Never heard of them before, but loked at both brands you mentioned. I'd want one with the latest LED technology using Quantum boards with Samsung diodes. You can get the same thing, almost, with a grow tent, but I can see advantages of a hermetically sealed, structurally sound unit.

Was considering getting a auto grow box for my next grow. Have considered all the DIY options and buying one is the only option. Looking for reviews from actual users of these boxes regarding built quality, yeild, quality and usage.
Brands I am looking at are grobo and super closet. If anyone have any else recommendation please share

Absolutely not. Do not buy. There’s nowhere near enough space to get the yields they talk about or grow. The largest I’ve seen have been 36-40” from floor to bottom of the light at its highest setting and you need 18-24” of clearance space. If you can get 4-6 ounces out of it you’d be lucky. Every YouTube video I’ve seen of these grow boxes have been nightmares.

Buy an HLG 4x6 Kit, buy some Promix HP, a 6 inch fan, and BioBizz, some fabric pots, a couple clip fans, and you’re all set.

I just checked out the Grobo and was surprised how small the thing is- 14"wide x 14" deep. I have 24"x24" and it's a tight fit for one plant. So you could fit one narrow plant in there. Weed plants are wider than 14" so it would be smushed up against the glass.
I was amazed at the price, you could get yourself the sweetest grow kit in the world, and the ability to grow 4 plants for less. "Grobo can produce yields of 6oz (170 grams) per year with very little work from the grower."

6oz a year are you fuckin kidding me that’s 168g that’s fuckin nothing. You can grow 6oz every 70 damn days with some autos and a 3x3 wtf kinda scam is this?

One for people with more money than sense? :D

Just from looking, my best guess is the manufacturers strategy involves (at least in part) luring in people who hadn't really thought about growing before. Someone wanders into a site like one of those and they make it seem so simple and great. Next thing you know, out comes the wallet.

I've probably overspent just a wee bit on my new setup but I've come nowhere close to the price of one of those and I went all out on quality parts, so to speak. Gorilla tent, very good LED lighting, filters, fans, pumps, etc. I haven't really kept a running total, but maybe I should have. lol

the local home reno shows are all showcasing ready built or custom built grow cabinets and boxes this year. asking even more than these products but a lot larger.

these things always remind me of the original phototron that used to be advertised in discerning gentlemen's magazines in the 70's and 80's. the phototron name still exists somewhere, but the weird egg shaped plastic solarium type design is long gone

Hi 420IS, I have to agree with Kongfuzi, buy yourself a tent and a good light, this will be cheaper and much, much better believe me, I now a person that bought one of those closets that you mentioned and what a waste of money.

One for people with more money than sense? :D

Just from looking, my best guess is the manufacturers strategy involves (at least in part) luring in people who hadn't really thought about growing before. Someone wanders into a site like one of those and they make it seem so simple and great. Next thing you know, out comes the wallet.

I've probably overspent just a wee bit on my new setup but I've come nowhere close to the price of one of those and I went all out on quality parts, so to speak. Gorilla tent, very good LED lighting, filters, fans, pumps, etc. I haven't really kept a running total, but maybe I should have. lol

Yep, I went down the same road. I initially looked at a box, but then I looked at just LED lighting and tents and went high end on everything and probably spent as much as a grow box, but I pull about 4 lbs every 100 days instead of 6oz every 365.

Yep, I went down the same road. I initially looked at a box, but then I looked at just LED lighting and tents and went high end on everything and probably spent as much as a grow box, but I pull about 4 lbs every 100 days instead of 6oz every 365.

Exactly. I'm probably close to $2200 into it so far, with maybe $300-$400 to go give or take. Still have some pipe and valves to pick up, some new trim/cure odds and ends, and maybe a single large air pump. I have 3 that are 300-something gph, but a single pump would be more convenient.

It's surprising how much the little things can creep that total up.

Super Closet also has whole grow tent packages as well as their closets. Unless you want to grow just a few ounces at a time I'd check into those instead. BTW it's those Kind LEDs that is making their price so high.

Back
Top Bottom