Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Its close on the scariest place I've been. The "check in desk" was brutal. Every skellum arrested that day was wandering around uncuffed. I was cuffed to this massive Afrikaaner oke who said you shouldn't be here, stay close to me.

But the British Consul General had given me her personal phone number. She said, any attempt to take you to Polsmoor you call me ASAP, we'll stop it" The thing about being in the cell saved for immigration only offences is generally everyone wants to stay in the country. Fighting with other "guests" isn't going to help your cause.

But yeah the screams and brutality you could hear from other cells, with people coming down off tik or whatever drug, pap sak, wine, gross.

Yeah its not your average lock up.

But by Pollsmoor standards? Jeez - I played golf next door, is it Steenberg? Mega expensive course to play. The 5th hole maybe is the space of a chainlink fence and like a little lane from Pollsmoor gate. Maybe 20-30m from the prison proper.

Everyone shanks their tee shot there!
Tik? Pap sak?

Since @Jon is showing off his fancy hula hoop frame…

Here’s one made earlier… (and no sticky backed plastic was harmed!)

Its a trellis not a scrog!

Finished up tomorrow.

I sketched it at 9am. & Co and our next neighbor builder built it out.

So yeah - I didn’t build it 😂 its designed for two levels and unglued (but carefully labelled - thankfully in Thai so no one will ask me to put it together!) so we can break it down for cleaning between grows.

Cost I dunno? $30?

Once before growing chillies I drilled holes through this pipe and fed the irrigation through it. Very cool. It was attached to the mains water. Turn it on and sprayed the plants inside the say 3x6 box I built.

All the plants died but it was a fun way to spend some time in lockdown!

IMG_0253.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg
Jeez, all I was doing was literally the only option I had. That dumb hula hoop is nothing to show off although it does work real well for this particular situation. What you have there is typical NickHardy - an operation. Nice to see And Co. for a change too.

Jeez, all I was doing was literally the only option I had. That dumb hula hoop is nothing to show off although it does work real well for this particular situation. What you have there is typical NickHardy - an operation. Nice to see And Co. for a change too.
The Hola hop plant looks great, I think. :thumb: 🍋

Okay this ought to be fun.

Hey @NickHardy - my boy is at his cabin in upstate NY and is running up north for his dispensary needs. Today he got this 1 gram pre rolled joint. Weed x Resin. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What’s your take on the purported thc level on this sort of thing?

IMG_6763.jpeg

Processed stuff is generally pretty good!

Not sure how accurate it is here because the full testing method is hard to get to but its like making a cake - you make a mix and blend until consistent. Then test its all good.

In the US where full testing is more accessible I reckon it’ll be accurate.

Especially with hash to supercharge it!

600g I reckon.

Nick
Yay! Congratulations! Buds look nice man. I hope you do get 600 at least. Cool video too. The Doors. Of course, what else would you chop to? Lol.

Yay! Congratulations! Buds look nice man. I hope you do get 600 at least. Cool video too. The Doors. Of course, what else would you chop to? Lol.
Btw - before you purchase the CBP tickets we gotta get together on the handicapped section. We are gonna take full advantage of my disadvantage. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Also on the date. Lmao.

600g I reckon.

Nick
I have always had it in my head that if one grows in Solos one is in for an easier trim per plant at the end. But honestly these look to be about the same amount of PITA as a regular plant.

I feel bad for taking so long @NickHardy. Fricking autos. You just never know. Looking forward to a long photo focus for a while. I apparently yearn for control. I believe I also have that exact same 5x5. Is yours real easy to get around the frame and zip up? It’s a cheapish tent but I do like that - GGTs are awesome but very tight.

Btw - before you purchase the CBP tickets we gotta get together on the handicapped section. We are gonna take full advantage of my disadvantage. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Also on the date. Lmao.
Oh for sure, those sections always look amazing! See them at say EPL stadiums and so much space! Queue jumping as well I hope!
I have always had it in my head that if one grows in Solos one is in for an easier trim per plant at the end. But honestly these look to be about the same amount of PITA as a regular plant.
The ones grown in actual dixies maybe a bit easier, just end up smaller and skinnier, these were in 3L pots remember, bit less than a gallon. But - honestly? Never having trimmed more than about half a bud, no idea!
It’s a cheapish tent but I do like that - GGTs are awesome but very tight.
All our tents, two of these, a 4x4 and the 8x4 are @Mars Hydro but there's at least one other than GGT that likes the black/green colour combo. I mean they're tents so not much to build. I think I put it in my OT at the time but when I was in Penang I walked past a store in the old town actually sold ripstop nylon like tents are made from. & Co's sister (#1) is a commercial seamstress. We were going to make our own tent using the blue PVC water pipe. Back when I was thinking about height being an issue. Probably for the best we didn't given the paltry height they achieved in the end!

Speaking of blue pipe!

Not in excess

IMG_0286.jpeg

Oh for sure, those sections always look amazing! See them at say EPL stadiums and so much space! Queue jumping as well I hope!

The ones grown in actual dixies maybe a bit easier, just end up smaller and skinnier, these were in 3L pots remember, bit less than a gallon. But - honestly? Never having trimmed more than about half a bud, no idea!

All our tents, two of these, a 4x4 and the 8x4 are @Mars Hydro but there's at least one other than GGT that likes the black/green colour combo. I mean they're tents so not much to build. I think I put it in my OT at the time but when I was in Penang I walked past a store in the old town actually sold ripstop nylon like tents are made from. & Co's sister (#1) is a commercial seamstress. We were going to make our own tent using the blue PVC water pipe. Back when I was thinking about height being an issue. Probably for the best we didn't given the paltry height they achieved in the end!

Speaking of blue pipe!

Not in excess

IMG_0286.jpeg
That is sweet as hell. Jealous of the fact that you don’t have to trim. I’m the polar opposite. 100% solo job. My back sings me terrible songs by the time I hit the 5th or 6th ounce in a session.

So I’m thinking about trying some form of terraced growing situation in a 5x5. I think I can make a two tier grow work. That would be real cool just to try it.

Speaking of blue pipe!

Not in excess

IMG_0286.jpeg
You do any training at all? Or do you just top them once?

You do any training at all? Or do you just top them once?
Minimal. The odd bit. We'll pull them through the trellis as optimally as we can but essentially the plants train themselves to an extent. We had a beautiful beautiful Bruce Banner holding up about 4 plants last grow. Shame & Co neamed it by mistake in full flower! In the commercial grows I see, either on Cannacribs (channel on YouTube, great to while away a few hours, some lovely personal stories there as well as the grow operations) or sent to me by the light manufacturers no one really trains. Just too labour intensive and I suspect the labour/yield doesn't work.

1713524486557.png

That's a farm called OG Yields - not watched this episode yet - I don't think they even top? Looks like single cola plants to me?

Back
Top Bottom