Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Trizkit Photo
Deflarf
Part 2

So I just did the five branches in the very front. These are the ones I could get to without getting on the floor.

There’s no point, I realized quickly after a few pictures, to even show you this on a branch basis. It’s impossible photographically speaking to adequately display it. So when I’m done I’ll go into it as a whole. But just so you guys see where I’m at, so far from left to right, I’ve done a mere five branches. Maybe 20% of her.

Here’s the five branches and what was taken in total from them.

IMG_5794.jpeg

IMG_5793.jpeg

IMG_5792.jpeg

IMG_5791.jpeg

IMG_5790.jpeg

IMG_5789.jpeg

The reason this is absolutely and vitally important, at least to me, is that literally my entire approach to growing is based on this concept. It is the first concept a Sensei here ever pounded into my head. Over and over again. Said it was THE most important thing. That Sensei was @Emilya Green. I took it to heart. So I’m still perfectly capable and willing to shed this as a mantra, and already have a test grow in mind to try and see for myself via side by side comparison. But it really is an important question. Anything educational on this topic is most appreciated and encouraged. Thanks.
Looks like we both have learned from the best. Her thread on watering should be required reading for every new grower in soil. Imho CL🍀

Looks like we both have learned from the best. Her thread on watering should be required reading for every new grower in soil. Imho CL🍀
Yep. That was my start and then I developed a relationship with her. She was my first coach like my whole first year here before coco. She’s rarely here if at all on the site, hopefully she’ll be back around at some point. Tough time for E.

Interesting. I get exactly the opposite results. The bigger the pot I use with coco, the bigger the plant I get.
i see bette results with a 7 than a 5 gal sorry i was medicated when i commented

Trizkit Photo
Part 3

Ok, we are done for day one. I decided to split this in half and do half the plant on back to back days. I took a ton of stuff. At least I can minimize the shock a little. The front half of the plant is about where I want her pre-tweaking. Tomorrow we will finish up. Still no point to show the plant. But I got some good branch shots to show you what I did. In short:

- took ALL small shitty shoots
- took most all of anything that extended closer to tent walls than the main stem of the branch
- took anything lower than I feel the light is capable of getting to adequately (easily measured!)
- took anything that interfered with correct spacing between colas
- kept a few specific interior shoots with the specific intent of sending them to the center to fill in the space a bit after everything else is done

Here’s some branch shots from day one. Some are easier to see than others but I think you’ll see enough to see how I personally chose to handle the situation, with a shot of the total taken so far at the end. Thanks.

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5798.jpeg

IMG_5804.jpeg

In terms of this current grow, to a plant, the mass is directly proportional to their roots. I see the Apple Fritter roots. By far the most. By far the most mass. And so on down the line. Anecdotal
Yeah, I not arguing that. A SIP plant in a larger container will be bigger than one in a smaller container. But I think with two plants of equal harvest weight, a non-SIP will have bigger roots.

Here’s my first argument:

I’m pretty sure we all would agree that on any given plant, the more colas you create and finish, the smaller each one will be.
Sure, but not necessarily overall yield, and we can likely agree on that as well.

Yeah, I not arguing that. A SIP plant in a larger container will be bigger than one in a smaller container. But I think with two plants of equal harvest weight, a non-SIP will have bigger roots.

Sure, but not necessarily overall yield, and we can likely agree on that as well.
Nope. I do not. I’ve had a million cola plants and I’ve had the “right” number of colas plants. And everywhere in between. It’s about finding the sweet spot strain by strain.The right number ones always yield better. That number I’m still working on. But it exists, and it’s related to pot size and root mass. I believe one of our common Sensei’s, @Gee64, would agree but I don’t know for sure.

I'm surprised they're not using it as a campaign lever. "Vote for us and we'll reschedule next year."

But, good news if it's followed through on.
It is a campaign lever, always has been.
Not trying to get political or support one side over the other but, Dems had federal legalization passed in the house and with a wave of Mc Connells hand it was dead. Immediately after, Dems controlled house and senate …. Crickets. Never mentioned again for 3 1/2 years.. now an election coming up and here it is again.
It was never written to be passed just shot down so one side can point fingers at the other.
I for one am tired of being played by them both.
38 states have it legal in some form and the feds play deaf and blind.. seems like we the people have spoken clearly, they just aren’t listening. They would rather use it as a way to manipulate us voters.

It is a campaign lever, always has been.
Not trying to get political or support one side over the other but, Dems had federal legalization passed in the house and with a wave of Mc Connells hand it was dead. Immediately after, Dems controlled house and senate …. Crickets. Never mentioned again for 3 1/2 years.. now an election coming up and here it is again.
It was never written to be passed just shot down so one side can point fingers at the other.
I for one am tired of being played by them both.
38 states have it legal in some form and the feds play deaf and blind.. seems like we the people have spoken clearly, they just aren’t listening. They would rather use it as a way to manipulate us voters.
Yes. This. This is why I prefaced it with the one sentence I did.

Hey @NickHardy - the first buds of the Gorilla Cookies (silver one) are starting to come ready. A jar’s worth is already there. Tomorrow morning I’ll finish jarring it. It’s a super easy trim, this one, especially compared to the other one. And wowee did it come out great.

Here’s what it looks like hitting the jars:

IMG_5806.jpeg

Scenes from Trim Jail #1

First, I would be remiss to not say here as well,
THANKS GUYS FOR THE JOTM WIN!!!! Most appreciated. It’s really Nick’s win, but he won’t take it and insists it be mine. Guess I’ll buy the food and drinks at the ballgame. And these guys will smoke my weed!! That’s what I’m really excited about!

In trim news, I have discovered I do indeed have a helper. She cleans the resin off my hands. She really likes the resin residue. It’s not nearly anything that would actually make her high, but she loves the taste and will go at it for ten minutes at a time. It feels good so I let her do it. It cracks me up. I’d never get my dog high but of course Molly is a stoner anyway. Lmao!!!

IMG_5809.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom