BambiSLAM's Soil LED GHS Lemon Skunk/Big Bang, Nirvana's Blue Mystic Tent Grow

bambiSLAM

Werd up fellow greenthumbers...PEACE be to y'all

I figured I should start a journal and try to snag assistance with my grow that seems problematic from the get go. Some particulars...

Strains: 8 x GHS lemon skunk (skunk #1, citral, prolly some NL5 or other indica powerplants in there), 8 x GHS big bang ("dutch medicinal"...can't remember the strain specifics...sposed to be a heavy grow indica), some mystery seed that showed up in a decent bud from Vancouver Island...or possibly a seed I brought back from Jamrock...can't remember...hazy =D), 5 x Nirvana Blue Mystic (ruderalis, Northern Lites, ???, an autofleur indica)
Current state: About 2 weeks since sprouting seeds...all fem'd seeds...vegging for 16 hrs a day...was running them for 24x7 cuz I'm just nuts like that. All growing in a 4.5ft x 2.5ft x 6.5ft tall secret jardin silver hut or something like that ??? These puppies are (attempting to) grow under 2 x 260W HydroponicsHut LED lamps...they're expensive cunnies...hopefully they don't suck. I'm growing in some unhealthy looking soil/perlite/compost mix...it was all I could find in my remote pacific location...the need to be stealth prevents me from airmailing myself piles of bitchin soil. Maybe I can get this grow dialed and then on subsequent grows I might have it snazzy and power producing. These pups started soaking until root tips showed then they moved under a soggy pile of shit tickets (toilet paper) and finally into beer cups filled with aforementioned junkdirt. Poked a few holes in the bottomsides of the beercups for drainage. Picked up some snazzier/more airy/better draining soil mix from the nursery...guess they had some decent stuff show up after I bought a few bags of bog mix. Awesome. I have 8 x 12"x12"x12" square pots...figured I might try to go for 2 plants per pot (if I can get that many non-hermy girls) for a total of 16 plants in my roughly 8 or 9 sq feet. If I luck out and have a bunch more nice girls from the lot...I'll go paddling and find a nice place for them to chill all summer =D
Currently my rig is cooled with the fans within the LED lamps...they each got 3 axial style fans sittin in there...kinda noisy little bastards...slightly wishing I would've spent the extra for a near equivalent of Haight Solid State LED lamp...or maybe downsize to less wattage for roughly the same price...for the luxury of less fans...I do find the hydroponics hut lamps kinda noisy. Ummmm what else...humidity floats between 20-30& and temp between 68-80ish F...I'd like to get daytime temps up a bit and keep nighttime temps cool...and get humidity up a bit higher than the near desertish conditions I have...the LEDs just don't put out any heat and the fan-action in them cools the space around them slightly...so the Haight's solids might've been the trick. Ohwells...next grow box =D I have a carbon scrubber and axial fan coming sometime soon...but currently don't have any ventilation pulling air into the tent...and it lives in my closet...so I kinda wonder if it's a bit CO2 starved??? I've cranked open three of the 6" side wall vents to allow some air flow into the tent until I get my ventilation gear in the mail.

So yeah...that's the dirty on my setup. My issue is I think I place my lights too high for the first week of green growth...and they stretched like crazy...so I moved the lights down to about 12" off the top of my beer-cup-planters...and they've all wilted over and look like they want to die. They f***in hate me !!! What kinda terrible grower am I ?!@ hahah...I think I was overwatering so I've let them dry up for a few days but gave a couple of them a squirt today to see if they perk up...despite the soil feeling a slight bit moistish. The soil was really loose and airy...and I thought maybe I should pack the soil down a tiny bit...so I did that. We'll see.

I'll attach a pic to see how they've given up...the little cowards !!! hahaha
ohhhhhhhh I joke...I'd really like these little girls to perk up and get happy. They look like they started throwing off a new leaf set and like they wanted to take off...then they just laid down.

Help?

PEACE =D

001567.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom