Barney's Pineapple Express - Help

Re: Barney's Pineapple Express (HELP)

Tell us how deep your pots are and how high your lights can go above the floor --- growing an autoflower, you want the taller pots to grow taller plants !

Taller pots grow taller plants? So would a shorter but wider pot (about the same overall size though) grow wider plants?

Taller pots grow taller plants? So would a shorter but wider pot (about the same overall size though) grow wider plants?

Nope. There is a thing with atuoflower plants where the taproot hitting the bottmo of the pot signals the plant to go into flower mode. - surprised me!

You can almost always train a plant to grow wider, but it's not an effect caused by the pot shape.

Nope. There is a thing with atuoflower plants where the taproot hitting the bottmo of the pot signals the plant to go into flower mode. - surprised me!

You can almost always train a plant to grow wider, but it's not an effect caused by the pot shape.

Eh? I thought autoflowers, well, flowered automatically. I thought it was a time based thing, not a root hits pot bottom thing (atleast it's not rock bottom, hah). Well that's something to take into consideration when I get around to trying my own auto's. I might have to get some tall pots specifically for autos.

Just out of curiousity if you or anyone else knows, what if you plant the auto seeds in a peat pellet/peat pot for some seedling growth before putting the whole thing into a bigger pot for the full growth, would the tap root hitting the bottom of the peat pot (organic stuffs that the root can grow through with a little effort) trigger the auto flowering response, or would it need to hit like a hard pot bottom to trigger it?

I've never used canna and my first grow was with ionic. When using any kind of bottle nutrients, as the plant drinks up the water and whatever nutrients it needs, it will leave a salty residue behind in the soil. This can (normally does) cause the soil ph to rise and cause a lockout of other nutrients. it's always wise to flush now and then to prevent the build up starting.
Is thumbs for any cannabis plants? And just one straight flush once a week or something?

TBH I was gonna use tap water as I'm broke till Thursday now but I got 26gal of water and nutes sat in a res so I was thinking turn it off for the night wait for my autopots to empty them fill them 2cm manually with tap water or is this a no no
Tak your tap water at least and make sure u let it sit out and dechlorine it fir 24 hrs
And if have ph down bring it to 6.3 for soil. If I was going to do what ur suggestion

Tak your tap water at least and make sure u let it sit out and dechlorine it fir 24 hrs
And if have ph down bring it to 6.3 for soil. If I was going to do what ur suggestion

Nice one pal I'm getting the flushing agent to do it with ordering it tomorrow night

Eh? I thought autoflowers, well, flowered automatically. I thought it was a time based thing, not a root hits pot bottom thing (atleast it's not rock bottom, hah). Well that's something to take into consideration when I get around to trying my own auto's. I might have to get some tall pots specifically for autos.

Just out of curiousity if you or anyone else knows, what if you plant the auto seeds in a peat pellet/peat pot for some seedling growth before putting the whole thing into a bigger pot for the full growth, would the tap root hitting the bottom of the peat pot (organic stuffs that the root can grow through with a little effort) trigger the auto flowering response, or would it need to hit like a hard pot bottom to trigger it?
No I don't think so. I've only grown n autos. They like being planted in final pots to start. The are on a time cycle that is the ruderallis effect. . . .

They're about 30 cm from the lights. Pots are about 50 cm deep. Temp is usually at 29-30 degrees. It's and auto Pineapple Express seed from barneys

420-magazine-mobile2085047761.jpg
420-magazine-mobile914764357.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2121798166.jpg

Ate they autos I'm growing right now a barneys p xpress auto on pro mix led tent with advanced nutrients ph perfect and my boosters. Plus cal mag duh. On week 5 flowering feel free to check k my journal and ask any questions if they are autos. I'll I cam say is easy on grow nutes in veg they got burned and put me behind. But with flushing it fir few days then bring it back up with bit less then what prior feeding now they are doing okay consider in my light intensity.

Send me the link bro.

Pineapple express is an auto flower, one I have experience in, as I have much experience with the biobizz brand. I've used the full line up for a couple of years and still am using it.

Little girl looks a little wet. Pe don't like wet feet, let her dry out, a lot. Before adding anything else. With all mix you don't need to feed anything for the first 2 weeks other than straight up water. The baseline range of biobizz (grow,bloom and topmax) grow some fine flowers, no need to adjust ph, just de chlorinated water with nutrients. Flush on weeks 3 and 6 of flower.

Thanks bro, do you recommend I do anything else, could I please check my latest pictures to check if they're going well. I feel abit worried, it's my first grow and I really want to perfect it as much as possible. It's been 13 days under two 125w cfl, it's about 40cm away from the light. What you recommend I do apart from letting it dry out abit? Thanks.

Thanks bro, do you recommend I do anything else, could I please check my latest pictures to check if they're going well. I feel abit worried, it's my first grow and I really want to perfect it as much as possible. It's been 13 days under two 125w cfl, it's about 40cm away from the light. What you recommend I do apart from letting it dry out abit? Thanks.

Let it dry and just see what happens first you might have it growing right in your setup its should dry in the next day or two mr A will be able to help you more probably when he's about but just keep doing what your doing after soils dried out more id recommend dropping your temp a couple of degrees my plants sit around 25-27'c but thru the day there usually 20-22 and they seem to be growing fine am on my first grow so I know your worries you wanna just cradle em till you can harvest just be patient for a day or two and keep your eye on her

You should do absolutely nothing, till she is dry. You will know when it's time to water again, when you pick up the pot and think, "shit that's light!"

Temps are a touch on the high side, aim to stay below 27.

Drop the light a bit, you want them lights as close as you can without burning. I've not used the big ones before but I get the small ones within 3 inches. I bet you can get that within 6.

First grow is hard, wanting to fix any little problem. You end up chasing your tail, not knowing if the latest issue is caused by the last cure or not. Killing them with kindness, so to speak.
These are hardy little plants, good soil, some useful light and a bit of water now and then is all they really need.

Done some research for him I don't think he needs nutes?
420-magazine-mobile735060563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile596024818.jpg

According to that label is says specifically "heavily pre-fertilized with no extra fertilizer required". OP.... put down those bottles and step slowly away, don't turn around until your out of the room.... there you will feel better now.. plants "need" water and soil. You got that covered!

I'd stick with that and see what happens since you have never used bottled nutrients before. Let it go...

I don't use that "stuff" (<-- that's me being nice since newb OP).

Advice... young plants don't need water very often. So don't over water. A lot of new growers like to "fiddle" with the plants, thinking they need help. That's not true and in fact they prefer human hands off approach and consider you a threat.

How do you think the end is going to happen? 100 thousand years of human cultivation, plants learned how to deal with us.

Can I ask the OP a question? (2 questions) - why do you think you need those bottles of nutrients?

Sub'd for reply.

Edit: don't flush... please I'm pleading with you. The only thing that will accomplish is drowning the plants roots and killing off all the beneficial micro-organisms that actually feed the plant.

Here's a short primer:

Soil has nutrients in the soil already... micro-organisms work in a symbiotic relationship with the plants roots. Plant roots exude a chemical exudate for the micro herd to feed on.

In turn the micro herd break down soil nutrients for the plant... they do a hand shake of sorts. Plants give the micro herd a exudate treat so then in turn the micro herd feed the plant soil nutrients.

Chemicals and too much water kill off the micro herd. With chemical fertilizer you are telling nature you have a better plan. Yeah.. that approach has been proven over time to not work and also NOT be sustainable.

Lets start off the easy way and forget about all the "science" you've been hearing and reading on canna websites or even worse at the Hydro store. This is simple biology. Not that complicated. You don't need a chemistry degree to grow weeds. You certainly don't need chemicals either.

I just saved you a shit ton of money and grief. Problem solved.

f-ARM-ing - put the ARM in farming and be skeptical of short cuts. Bottled nutes = a short cut.

There are many obstacles to over come Grassgrower....you must 1st be 1 with the soil.
Then and only then will you be one with the plants.

See what I did there ^^^

Plants in soil... nutrients are already in the soil... plant in soil... water in FTW. Try it.

I was going to say a few things but the last posts about temps down a little, lights down a little closer, put away the bottled nutrients, put away the water bottle for a few days (I go 20-30 days between watering with small plants in pots that large) --- that pretty much covers the important stuff.

Enjoy watching them grow - take lots of photos :) They look fine!

Thanks a lot for your help guys, just one more thing I've been leaving my lights on 24/7 should I add a light cycle let's say turn off the light for 4 hours a day instead. Will this make a difference ?

Thanks a lot for your help guys, just one more thing I've been leaving my lights on 24/7 should I add a light cycle let's say turn off the light for 4 hours a day instead. Will this make a difference ?
Yes bud if they are autos I feel like 20/4 and 18/6 .are best no flipping on autos. .

Haven't watered my babies since. Raised them closed to the light by like 20cm just because I was told they could be abit closer as I'm using CFLs. I haven't watered them since I've started the forum but the soils still quite damp baring in mind it's only been 2 days really so it should start to dry up within the next day or so. Just uploading some pictures for an update for you guys.

420-magazine-mobile758693137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1023337103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1735308309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile576411282.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465671939.jpg

Back
Top Bottom