Bell Syphon - Flood And Drain System

I don't recall the specs on mine but I used (I think) a 1/2" drain pipe and had to scale up the upper lip to something like 1 1/4" maybe to let enough water in to trigger the siphon. Otherwise the inflow would just trickle in and flow out constantly.

Sometimes when my pump gets clogged and the flow slows down the syphon stops working, but a quick clean out of the grill on the pump resets it like new.

Mine takes 12-15 minutes to fill and maybe a minute to empty and reset which it does with a big belch. Kinda funny actually.
Yea they are cool, i could kinda watch it for a few hours 🤣🤣🤣

My system is in a 20ish gallon clear rubbermaid tote using Hydroton clay balls as the medium, so I can watch the water level rise slowly and then flush.

My sump tote is the lowest bin (obv) with the pump and the water goes through a diy venturi set in the fill tube to oxygenate the water before dumping into the fish tank. That then self cleans by gravity into a settling tank for the solid fish wastes before moving on to the plant tote where it floods and drains with the bell syphon.

Fun with science!

My system is in a 20ish gallon clear rubbermaid tote using Hydroton clay balls as the medium, so I can watch the water level rise slowly and then flush.

My sump tote is the lowest bin (obv) with the pump and the water goes through a diy venturi set in the fill tube to oxygenate the water before dumping into the fish tank. That then self cleans by gravity into a settling tank for the solid fish wastes before moving on to the plant tote where it floods and drains with the bell syphon.

Fun with science!
I intend on doing an aqua ponic set up with fish soon as I tend to go away for a couple of days gold detecting so it would be good to have it automated with a fish pellet feeder too

My fish regularly go a few days without feeding and my system is really too small to deal with an automated feeder, though that would be cool in a larger system.

The passive solid waste remover and settling tank is an important part of my system and helps keep it healthy.

My fish regularly go a few days without feeding and my system is really too small to deal with an automated feeder, though that would be cool in a larger system.

The passive solid waste remover and settling tank is an important part of my system and helps keep it healthy.
Yea I found a pretty cluey guy on YouTube that shows how to remove solid waist he shows how to build full systems. This is a link to him

Ok ,update on my plant and situation im in .
A mate got 2 clones of
OG Kush last years and put them in outside ,I took a cutting off it at the bottom and cloned it grew a mother plant and took clone off that and that's in my grow room at the moment, I turned it from veg to flower about 4 -5 weeks ago and have been wondering why its taking so long to start budding.
Then it dawned on me ,having not grown hydro for over 28 years I wasn't familiar with auto's and I contacted the person he got clones from and asked the question are they auto's to which I was told yes 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 so do I flick light back to 18hrs or leave on 12hrs 💁‍♂️ .
What a balls up :thedoubletake::nerd-with-glasses:

The light cycle for auto's doesn't really matter since they'll flower on their own, not influenced by dark hours. Many auto growers  do run a longer light period to make sure they get enough light to max out the plant. DLI
So do you think I should put it back to 18hrs from 12hrs then 😊 auto's weren't around in my day 🤣🤣

The light cycle for auto's doesn't really matter since they'll flower on their own, not influenced by dark hours. Many auto growers  do run a longer light period to make sure they get enough light to max out the plant. DLI
And im on flower formula at the moment too ,now I'm wondering if I should change that, although its got a pistol here and there so 💁‍♂️ might just put light on 18hrs and leave solution

Ok ,update on my plant and situation im in .
A mate got 2 clones of
OG Kush last years and put them in outside ,I took a cutting off it at the bottom and cloned it grew a mother plant and took clone off that and that's in my grow room at the moment, I turned it from veg to flower about 4 -5 weeks ago and have been wondering why its taking so long to start budding.
Then it dawned on me ,having not grown hydro for over 28 years I wasn't familiar with auto's and I contacted the person he got clones from and asked the question are they auto's to which I was told yes 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 so do I flick light back to 18hrs or leave on 12hrs 💁‍♂️ .
What a balls up :thedoubletake::nerd-with-glasses:
I'm a bit confused (probably for a different reason than you are!). A cutting from a plant (any plant) is the same age as the mother. If you take a cutting from an autoflower that is 2 weeks from flowering, that clone should also flower in 2 weeks (give or take). I'm not sure how you managed to veg a mother plant from an auto. :hmmmm:

But to answer the basic autoflower question: yes, move the lights back to 18/6 for an actual autoflower, if that's what this is. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom