Bell Syphon - Flood And Drain System

I'm a bit confused (probably for a different reason than you are!). A cutting from a plant (any plant) is the same age as the mother. If you take a cutting from an autoflower that is 2 weeks from flowering, that clone should also flower in 2 weeks (give or take). I'm not sure how you managed to veg a mother plant from an auto. :hmmmm:

But to answer the basic autoflower question: yes, move the lights back to 18/6 for an actual autoflower, if that's what this is. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Fooked if I know, auto's are a new thing to me, but I was assured it was an auto.
I took a cutting off his plant and when it got roots i potted it ,as it got bigger I took another clone off it put that in grow tent .neglected mother plant causing it to become stagnant in growth .
Plant in grow room was on 18hrs for about 2 months then I flicked it to 12hrs its been on 12hrs for probably about 10 weeks with only single hairs at main branches.
Bit off a balls up either way its back on 18hrs let's see what happens 💁‍♂️ .

That was going to be my next question, how do you take cutting off an auto if they are at same life cycle. So doesn't anyone do cuttings off auto's?
It was a simpler time before these Russian crossed strains appeared 🤣🤣🤣

Hmmmm good one. How long has the mother been around?
since February probably I purposely neglected it its stagnant and rootbound in its pot still under a light on 18 hrs . I figured it hasn't done anything because of the neglectful treatment 💁‍♂️
This has thrown a spanner in the works 💁‍♂️🤣🤣

I recall seeing it done once and I think it vegged a couple of weeks longer than the mother before it flowered as well.
I would have thought it would have to get to a certain size before it wanted to flower, im just guessing as I said I know nothing about them .
I do recall mates outdoor plant did flower earlier that it should have as a normal dope plant . I remember saying to him is that budding already , it only got to 4.5 - 5ft all up when finished budding

Couple of update photos of my plant OG Kush ,I love walking in the room to the smell of buds
:drool:

Now it's the game of patience 🙄
The bell syphon seems to be working well for growing weed this is the first time trying it for those new to the thread i designed and 3d printed the bell syphon there is a video of it working further up the thread and my avatar is the actual bell syphon.
Edit -
Here's the link to the video of the bell syphon.
:passitleft:

:snowboating:

Yeah it's an interesting set-up.
You work away and need something like this?
Or you just trying it out for fun?
Bit of both I go away for a few days at a time and I also wanted to do a flood system but didn't want another failure point (timer) ,were as this system has the pump constantly running avoiding the need for another timer .
This has been pretty low maintenance so far.

Back
Top Bottom