Bell Syphon - Flood And Drain System

WOw, engineering a bell-siphon that small is bloody hard. So impressed! Flood and drain tables always reminds me of being at sea and living by the rhythm of the tides. Romantic bollocks, I know, but whatever gets you through it, is whatever gets you through it! I still do some DWC now, but I hate the airpumps as they just funnel heat and fungi into the tank. I filter them, but still. I like circulating better with water pumps. I'm just so impressed with mini-bell-siphon you engineered, and it sparked some memories. I've never used one, but I've seen a couple in person. Kudos. Proper 3-D Print mastery.

WOw, engineering a bell-siphon that small is bloody hard. So impressed! Flood and drain tables always reminds me of being at sea and living by the rhythm of the tides. Romantic bollocks, I know, but whatever gets you through it, is whatever gets you through it! I still do some DWC now, but I hate the airpumps as they just funnel heat and fungi into the tank. I filter them, but still. I like circulating better with water pumps. I'm just so impressed with mini-bell-siphon you engineered, and it sparked some memories. I've never used one, but I've seen a couple in person. Kudos. Proper 3-D Print mastery.
Thankyou 🙏 yes it took some designing to get it to work flawlessly with a low inflow, the one in the video worked for 1 months no problem then started to not pull a successful syphon and started to just sit in a state of trickling so I tweaked the design and fixed the issue.
Its working beautifully now .
I designed it to use a spice jar so it could be viewed working.
Im pretty chuffed how it came out.
Thankyou for your kind words and following.
Happy growing to you :passitleft:

the one in the video worked for 1 months no problem then started to not pull a successful syphon and started to just sit in a state of trickling so I tweaked the design and fixed the issue.
What change did you make? When I was first making mine I went with a larger funnel as the top rim and choked it down underneath when I initially tried to get it to work. I have two different grow tubs that work off the same input line so making sure the first tub had enough flow to trigger the siphon while still leaving enough for the second tub was my challenge.

It's been going 5 years I think with very little issue. Every once in a while I have to clear the pump filter of small stones since they'll start to degrade the flow a bit and just enough that the siphon won't trigger. Clear the filters and everything's good to go!

What change did you make? When I was first making mine I went with a larger funnel as the top rim and choked it down underneath when I initially tried to get it to work. I have two different grow tubs that work off the same input line so making sure the first tub had enough flow to trigger the siphon while still leaving enough for the second tub was my challenge.

It's been going 5 years I think with very little issue. Every once in a while I have to clear the pump filter of small stones since they'll start to degrade the flow a bit and just enough that the siphon won't trigger. Clear the filters and everything's good to go!
I changed the top from a funnel to a straight flange and lowered the air break tube .
New version on left
20230805_222903.jpg

Beautiful plant, and if it gets an air bubble stuck near the top best thing is hold it over your shoulder and pat it on the back!
Oh and thankyou for the compliment 🤦‍♂️ .
Im a shocker 🤪 can be a gold fish sometimes with a 2 second memory.
Happy growing 😊👍
:passitleft:

Some fresh photos today
TSW2000 mars light putting out 1020ųmols at the top of the crowns.
1300ppm 5.8ph

really starting to pong :morenutes::morenutes:

5 little baby beans , these little buggers were from a season or 2 ago they have been sitting on a dried out rockwool block on the windowsill classed as duds .
I threw them into a glass of water (8 all up) and forgot about them for 5 days and they sprung tails 😳

Happy growing everyone
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom