Best lighting for 4 to 6 plants

The photo above is on day 49 from seed, Auto flower White Widow I'm using a SunSystem 315 LEC in a 3'by 3' area. That light costs only 200 to 400 dollars USA.

The photo above is on day 49 from seed, Auto flower White Widow I'm using a SunSystem 315 LEC in a 3'by 3' area. That light costs only 200 to 400 dollars USA.

As you can see it's not really about the number of plants. One well trained plant will fill up that tent. It's about the size of the canopy. The downside of only one light is the variable size of the canopy, but I suppose there are ways to mitigate that.

As you can see it's not really about the number of plants. One well trained plant will fill up that tent. It's about the size of the canopy. The downside of only one light is the variable size of the canopy, but I suppose there are ways to mitigate that.

Yeah. You basically fill up an area with a solid canopy. So more importantly. How large of an area (and what shape) are you going to grow in? You get a light or lights that cover the area evenly at the proper intensity. And different types of lights have their advantages and disadvantages. :welcome:

420-magazine-mobile408689846.jpg

3 plants in a 3 x 3 Tent, I would say that I could have put one more in, 6 would have been too many.

I have a cement room in my basement that's like 20 by 12 to 15 ft. I don't want to use the whole space obviously. But I have a nice space for it. I'm new to all of this just started. My first plant that's in the flowering stage now. I didn't even know how to top it and let it veg too long so it's huge lol

Was thinking about nextlights but they are pricey so I wanted opinions, is there cheaper lights that will do just as well? What's my best option plz help

Would you like to join in our Mars Hydro thread to see the grow journal? it will help you find a good light

The rule of thumb that I was taught in the old school was 100 watts per plant is desirable. I've had 4 plants grow in a 4'x4'x4' area with 12 4' T12 fluorescents for a total of 480 watts and found it was too much light. The plants suffered so I removed 4 bulbs and the plants grew very well on 320 watts.

There are lots of great choices for that size space for cheaper then 1500. N many of them are great lights. But seems like u got ur mind made up already.

Plan on starting a journal?
Agreed. They seem realllllly set on that expensive light. How about 3 600 watt hps? I mean if I had 1500 for a light....
You could go c02 and still have money to blow on an exotic llama

Not really set on anything just seeing people's opinions. And possibly when I get to that point.
Sorry I hope you caught I was trying to be silly and not offensive. I'm curious to see what you decide! I'm sure you have done a lot of research. I recently grabbed some quantum boards. If your willing and able to do a little building I'm convinced a cob and QB array of lights would do wonders for you! Regardless let us know what you decided. I'm gonna live vicariously through you since I will doubtfully ever have over 80-100 bucks to spend at once for my grow....

I don't think I'll be buying the 1500 dollar light though, my girl isn't quite convinced that I need to spend that much which is prob a good thing. And I've done some research i have alot more researching to do before going in. Just been messing with this test plant I have, didn't know what to do when I started so I didn't top it which was dumb, also let it grow too long in veg. Now it's taller then I am lol but not in a good way, i could get the same amount of budding in alot smaller plant as I have seen now. Lol.

Wow. That's one hell of a plant! Even if your 5 foot 0. Lmao. Just don't let yourself stop learning there are so many different ways to skin a cat as they say. (Or smoke a nug lol). Better yet more than one great way to grow a plant. I'm sure some bondage and or super cropping can help contain your sasquash plant .

Back
Top Bottom