Best nutrients to use with autopots

Get the small autopot filter that goes into the reservoir (usually sold separately) or an in-line filter & you shouldn't have any real issues. I have a small amount of sediment in my tank & no filter, but thus far no issues when I check under the cover. I've used EHG nutrients & switched to the powdered nutes from my hydro store mid-grow

just make sure you mix powdered nutrients with water before adding it to the reservoir And give the autovalve a good wash between grows... :D

I looked for a puck cant find one I guess they stopped making it maybe or its cause I live in Seattle not sure.

I looked for a puck cant find one I guess they stopped making it maybe or its cause I live in Seattle not sure.

I just looked. Appears they are out, or concentrating on seeds only, as I didn't find their super soil either. Hmmm ? :hmmmm: Shoot them an email, Mitch has always been quick to respond.

Too be fair its a bit of the wrong question. The system will run on any nutrient you want to run!

It depends on what medium you are going to use for start, thats the big consideration. Personally I'd go with a 60/40 mix of coco/claypebble or even plain coco with a good layer of pebbles in the bottom.

Nutrient wise go with something simple as I sense you are new to growing otherwise you wouldn't have asked the opening question. It depends on the area of the world that you live in for which nutes to use but a simple schedule that gives top results would look something like this...

veg

advanced nutes ph perfect 3 part micro grow bloom
great white mycorhizae
roots excellurator

flower
ionic bloom (coco bloom for coco, soil bloom for soil)
buddhas tree flower burst or advanced nutes bud ignitor
roots excellurator
buddhas tree pk or green sensation plagron or bloombastic
buddhas tree advanced meta boost.

Now you can make it as complex as you like but if you have those products you def won't go wrong.

But REMEMBER THIS!!! LIGHT, AIRFLOW AND ROOM ENVIRONMENT ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN NUTES.

If you are using less than 600w of light per m2 don't waste your money on expensive nutes.

Too be fair its a bit of the wrong question. The system will run on any nutrient you want to run!

It depends on what medium you are going to use for start, thats the big consideration. Personally I'd go with a 60/40 mix of coco/claypebble or even plain coco with a good layer of pebbles in the bottom.

Nutrient wise go with something simple as I sense you are new to growing otherwise you wouldn't have asked the opening question. It depends on the area of the world that you live in for which nutes to use but a simple schedule that gives top results would look something like this...

veg

advanced nutes ph perfect 3 part micro grow bloom
great white mycorhizae
roots excellurator

flower
ionic bloom (coco bloom for coco, soil bloom for soil)
buddhas tree flower burst or advanced nutes bud ignitor
roots excellurator
buddhas tree pk or green sensation plagron or bloombastic
buddhas tree advanced meta boost.

Now you can make it as complex as you like but if you have those products you def won't go wrong.

But REMEMBER THIS!!! LIGHT, AIRFLOW AND ROOM ENVIRONMENT ARE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN NUTES.

If you are using less than 600w of light per m2 don't waste your money on expensive nutes.

Sorry to necro this thead, but I just joined to ask a question about this.

New grower, ordering supplies for 1st grow and I'm using Autopots with coco/clay and I'd LOVE to emulate this.
Your first nute is the Advanced Nutes Ph Perfect 3 part micro grow BLOOM? Did you mean grow or the 3 part bundle? They also now just have a 5 in 1, would you suggest that to be better?

I see you're a generous contributor, and I don't mean to tax you but I don't want to F this up.. lol. If you could clarify a little it would help me order my nutes. I'd really appreciate it.

im not that guy ;) but.

yes you would use the three part. not just grow.

i prefer 3 part systems over ones with less parts, just becasue you can tweak a little more. that said, something like AN's 2 part is "easier" to use in the sense you only have two bottles to mix from. less room for human error

Thanks for the quick response! I have every single detail of my 1st grow researched and settled, except nutrients. As I'm diving in, hoo boy! For the "least important" part, it seems the most complicated.

Very quick additional question. I'm going for a large plant scrog due to the law and was thinking of using the Smartpot autopot instead of the plastic for bigger better roots. Will the increased evaporation rate dictate a weaker mix to account for the extra water evaporation?

technically yes. and i wouldnt feed on every watering.

what are you planning to use for dirt? Soil? soilless? ever thought of hydro?

technically yes. and i wouldnt feed on every watering.

what are you planning to use for dirt? Soil? soilless? ever thought of hydro?

I'm planning on using a 60/40 or higher blend of hydroton and coco with 1.5" of the pebbles on the bottom and a layer on top. It seems more people have had problems with too much coco than not enough.

How is your autopot grow going?

Zomg. Didn't go with autopots. A fantastic member here, not sure he'd want me to say who, adopted me to help me through my first grow. He advocated for RDWC. I liked the Current Culture. He shamed me into building my own. In fact, 3 of them. Veg and 2 rotating blooms for a perpetual... And my own RO system, my own everything. Even my Quantum Boards were kits. lol. Truly an amazing person, and I'm now a week into bloom and... it's fantastic. I owe SO much Karma to this board and that member going forward. This would NOT EVER be possible for a first grow without this amazing persons expert help. I'm in awe of his sharing.
bloom1.jpg

Thank you, kindly. It got a serious defoliation today. Looks a bit naked, but these things are crazy. In a few days, it will look like the produce section at Whole Foods again.

My recommendation is lollipop high and clear absolutely ALL fluff unless you’re using it for hash, pressing rosin, or going for edibles. Every time I think I clear enough nonsense I still end up with flower really not worth much (typically always in center of plant). In the future for any plants I top, my plan is to remove all center growth altogether and only end up with an outside circle of killer buds.

Back
Top Bottom