Big Dog's maiden journey begins!

a 1000watt should be at least 5 to 6ft away from you plants. Flower you plants when there a suitable height for you but most people start to flower indoors between 12 and 21 inches

but i've just noticed your using a flood and drain table and i think most flower between 6 and 10 inches with a setup like that.

a 1000watt should be at least 3ft away from you plants. Flower you plants when there a suitable height for you but most people start to flower indoors between 12 and 21 inches

but i've just noticed your using a flood and drain table and i think most flower between 6 and 10 inches with a setup like that.

Dean, needless to say, Im starved for information right now, I am running a 1000 watt light, but its at 50% out put, and its about 4 ft from the plants.Should I be running the light at 1000 watts right now?

Im watering once a day for 1/2 hour, and the rockwool blocks are only getting wet on the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, the blocks weighed 10lbs 4 oz completely soaked, after watering the blocks are at 4 lbs 4 ozs, which is only about 3-3 oz's heavier than before watering, Im thinking I need to raise the water level on the blocks?

Im watering once a day for 1/2 hour,
and the rockwool blocks are only getting wet on the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch,
the blocks weighed 10lbs 4 oz completely soaked, after watering the blocks are at 4 lbs 4 ozs,
which is only about 3-3 oz's heavier than before watering,
Im thinking I need to raise the water level on the blocks?

Sup Big Dog
I think you're onto something. I think with only the bottom getting wet you are air pruning the roots that aren't getting wet.
My 2 cents..
Put 1 in hydro unit, they are way big enough, day or 2 she should pep up.
Hope this helps:cheesygrinsmiley:
New pics pls

i am a soil grower but do know a little about hydro! now i might be wrong but i believe you are ment to make to water level raise to just below the point where your stem is in your medium, if that makes sense. I also think you may be under watering 1/2 hour a day, that does not sound right anyone?

Anyway have you started to feed you plants yet?

Im watering once a day for 1/2 hour,
and the rockwool blocks are only getting wet on the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch,
the blocks weighed 10lbs 4 oz completely soaked, after watering the blocks are at 4 lbs 4 ozs,
which is only about 3-3 oz's heavier than before watering,
Im thinking I need to raise the water level on the blocks?

Sup Big Dog
I think you're onto something. I think with only the bottom getting wet you are air pruning the roots that aren't getting wet.
My 2 cents..
Put 1 in hydro unit, they are way big enough, day or 2 she should pep up.
Hope this helps:cheesygrinsmiley:
New pics pls

Im gonna raise the water level tomarrow..

i am a soil grower but do know a little about hydro! now i might be wrong but i believe you are ment to make to water level raise to just below the point where your stem is in your medium, if that makes sense. I also think you may be under watering 1/2 hour a day, that does not sound right anyone?

Anyway have you started to feed you plants yet?

It so hard to get the correct info on new girls, these are a week in my beds, dont know how the clones were when I got them.

The idea of the rockwool is to wick up water to the roots, but without a major change ion weight, Im assuming they are not getting enough water, I went on the once a day based on reading the "how to grow" section here, but I think Im gonna raise the water level and try it.

I am using Botanicare ProGrow and about 1/4 strength, (based on the instructions on the label. Again based on reading, I didnt want to over nute the babies!! Any opinions are welcome!!

Two out of six are through, about 3-4 roots each, about a 1/2" long

I think you may need to start watering more often, as i can see signs underwatering in the pic below
IMG_14354.jpg

Start watering twice a day to see if there are any improvements.
Anyway bro! post your problem, in the frequently asked questions, problems sub forum for others to see that might be or have used this system

OK an update...

Had a problem with one of the girls, (I think it was her time of the month!!!) a little red, and the conclusion was lacking in nutes, shes one of six, and one of three of one strand, so I put a couple drops of ProGrow in some water, and applied it directly on the plant, and it looks pretty good now, but now I have another with some curled leaves, looks like a possible underwater?? Kinda a fuzzy picture
IMG_14581.jpg

I LST'ed a couple and they are lovin life right now,

IMG_14612.jpg

IMG_14602.jpg

IMG_14573.jpg

Began 18/6 today, and went to three times a day watering for 10 minutes, got the C02 set up, but cant run the room with the doors closed, the fricken temps got to 91 today, and with out some help, its not possible to seal the room up, looking at a chiller now....fricken MO MONEY....MO MONEY....MO MONEY!!!

Sup Dog

Hope you solved that leaf curl (the possible under water)
Your hydro setup is new to me.:geek: Is it the eb n flow
I've been reading bout here n there? Just never saw 1.
:ganjamon:

Hey dude...the weak plant aint looking too good...damn it all!! Cant figure it out, the plant next to it is fine, but this one is in the shitter....

Ya its the Ebb and flow, using three 2x2 basins, they flood three times a day, for about ten minutes, the rockwool is on top of cocomat.:thanks:

Thanks Boy...there lookin good, some better than others, but all good!!:cheer::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom