NewGrower's First Time Grow: Big Bang

newgrower92

:welcome:

Hello All and Welcome to My First Grow

First off id just like to thank everyone in advance for commenting and helping me thru my first grow venture.
:bravo::thumb::thanks::420:

So what I'm expecting out of this grow journal is just some general advice and guidance as any new grower does during there first grow, so please help out an aspiring grower with anything that could help.

*****FOR PICS SCROLL TO END OF THIS POST*****

Strain: BIG BANG

Type: Mostly Indica
THC: 15.5%
Grows: Best for hydroponics but can be grown in soil
Height: Tall —can reach over 7ft if roots aren’t contained so best in small containers when it will reach 2-3 feet
Yield: Indoor 700-800 grams
Flowering period: 9 weeks

Bred from crossing skunk with Northern Light and El Nino, Big Bang is aptly named on two levels: this cannabis bursts into growth as well as its almost narcotic effect, which is steady and long-lasting. This incredibly strong effect makes this a very important strain of medical marijuana for a variety of medical conditions . Rated by many as an easy to grow cannabis suitable for beginners, this strain not only gives high yields but is also mold resistant. Downsides are that it needs lots of feeding and is very stinky — good air filtration will deal with the aroma though.

In terms of flavor, Big Bang has been described as sweet, apple-like, tasting of rose and violet candies, and multi-faceted, all of which probably translate as ‘difficult to describe.’

-Posted by Johnny Green at 10:25 PM on April 27, 2011 @ The Weed Blog

Grow Space​

A closet with 2 sliding doors removed, in room with not much in it. The closet has been covered in mylar including the floor. I plan on leaving the door off as to keep it cool. I'm using a 1000w light in a small space so, from the little I know, I think the plants will be fine as far as getting enough light. The temp in the house I plan on leaving at around 65-70 degree at all times.

Lighting​

So I purchased a used growing kit that included an air cooled hood, and 1000w dual MH/HPS bulbs and ballast. I also purchased a 6inch in-line fan @ 400 CFM that is fitted directly into the hood and fits perfectly but is duct tapped just to be sure its secure. I also have one small fan directly next to the plants pointing at them. The whole set up is hanging with sungrow pulley system, on hangers, on a metal bar… because the pulley system was to small to be hung directly on the bar. I also have a bungie I'm using just to be safe and take some weight off the hangers.

Grow Medium / Nutrients​

Fox Farming it up to the max because of the many good reviews I've read.

Soil:
50% Ocean Forest
50% Happy Frog
1 tablespoon of Dolomite lime per 1 gallon of medium.

Fertilizer:
Grow Big
Big Bloom
Tiger Bloom

Germination/Beginning the Grow​

I'm going to use a cup full of city tap water left out uncovered for 2-3 days. I'll put the seeds in the cup, covered with plastic wrap and placed in a small kitchen drawer for 24 hours or until the root shows, after which i will put them in 4-inch square plastic pots about 0.5 - 1inch under. The pots will then be placed into one full rectangle tin foil tray with 6 sponges (to absorb excess drainage) and watered. Then, it will be placed under 1000w MH bulb right after on a 18/6 cycle but I'm unsure on how far away to keep the light at first because its so strong.

I will begin possibly as soon as tomorrow but no later than 5 days from now. I hope to hear what you think of my set up, medium and nutrient choices and my beginning lighting issue. Will post again once I get started.

Thanks again in advance for your time and advice!!

IMG_117322.JPG
IMG_116719.JPG
IMG_116419.jpg

IMG_117817.JPG
IMG_117523.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom