Bill C-45: Canada's Legalization, The Drama Revs Up

im pretty sure 95% of cannabis smokers will be failing that arbitrary test, it's simply a way to extract more money for the police. As Felonius mentioned above, never ever let police into your house. Even if you have nothing to hide, their job is to find something to nail you on. I've dealt with enough eager beaver type cops over the years that I don't trust most of them to be decent human beings.

I grew for years outside of the ACMPR and I have no idea how they'll be able to stop people from having as many plants as they can comfortably stealth grow indoors. People who are blatant and sloppy will attract attention but if you take precautions then there's no reason anyone would know.

Getting really tired of this attitude.... I'd much rather my daughter saw me stoned than drunk...

"He said it is important not to create environments where young people see adults smoking and vaping marijuana, thinking that it is the normal thing to do. "

for bill c 45, I have a question
3rd reading is in june 2018, then receives royal assent approval shortly thereafter and is passed.
Government says provincial shops may not be selling until September due to logistics (shipping etc)

will the 4 plant rule and personal possession for people to grow legally go into effect after 3rd reading and passage ?
so people can grow this summer, but there will be no government stores to buy until later.
Or will the 4 plant rule have a implementation later after bill is law???

I can't find this answered anywhere

Yeah, confusing... so pot will be legal, possession of up to an oz in public, BUT, nowhere to buy it...
So, if you get stopped with say a half oz, will they arrest you, since you couldn't have bought it legally?

BIGGER QUESTIONS for you lawyerly types...

I can grow 30 plants indoors as per my medical licence (or whatever you call it).
Can I also grow 4 plants recreationally on top of those 30?

Can I still GIFT up to 30g to another person, as per recreational law?

for bill c 45, I have a question
3rd reading is in june 2018, then receives royal assent approval shortly thereafter and is passed.
Government says provincial shops may not be selling until September due to logistics (shipping etc)

will the 4 plant rule and personal possession for people to grow legally go into effect after 3rd reading and passage ?
so people can grow this summer, but there will be no government stores to buy until later.
Or will the 4 plant rule have a implementation later after bill is law???

I can't find this answered anywhere

I am not a legal expert, but a Federal law comes into effect once it gets Royal assent unless it states a specific date. The provinces have to do their dance as well & they can attach a date. Ontario has already passed their law but they prefaced it with this: "THIS ACT IS NOT YET IN FORCE. Sections 1 to 3 and 5 to 28 come into force on a day to be named by proclamation of the Lieutenant Governor. (See: 2017, c. 26, Sched. 1, s. 33)" Source Cannabis Act 2017.

So legal recreational growing & use must wait until they flip the switch both federally & provincially. Municipalities can also stick their finger in . . .

Ian

Can I also grow 4 plants recreationally on top of those 30?

Can I still GIFT up to 30g to another person, as per recreational law?

A grey area. The feds haven't really spoken about legal med use other than it will remain as is - for now. So, your med rules would trump your recreational rules imho but who knows?

Ian

In BC anyways I think we are pretty much good once it receives royal accent in June (after the last senate vote it should happen almost right away). The BC gov basically adopted all the feds legislation on the main stuff and some tweaks to sales for BC. The provinces have to extend/give authorities to the municipalities for them to have teeth. I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate they've done that unless someone knows better? My guess would be things like zoning and store locations the same as they control booze.

I doubt they'd let the municipalities decide who can grow pot at home the same as deciding who can brew their own beer.

C-45:
Finally, provinces and territories, acting on their own authorities, can also extend authorities to municipalities, if they do not already have these, to set additional restrictions and local requirements related to cannabis, such as setting zoning restrictions for cannabis-related businesses and restricting where cannabis can be consumed in public.

As feared, the Conservatives are making noise. This is from Verp ( usually a satire site) & they preface this with a statement that they wish this was satire:

"Conservative Senator Denise Batters says that regulations allowing Canadians to grow up to four cannabis plants at home are a loophole that will be used by organized crime to fill houses and forests with cannabis.

In an interview this week with CBC, Conservative Senator Denise Batters told the host that her party is looking at amendments to Bill C-45, including raising the age limit and targeting home grow “loopholes” which she said have allowed Mexican cartels to fill homes and national forests in Colorado with cannabis."

Please remember that the Conservative Party of Canada is a party of no every time you vote.

Ian

Unless the cartels are going to grow 4 VERY LARGE plants in a house, then nothing has changed between now and then. In other words, how will this INCREASE the number of these cartel grow ops? I used to live in Markham, and I remember when we moved there, I read an article that said up to 1 in 7 homes in Markham were Chinese Grow Ops. I think that's a ridiculous number, but I guess it depends what they consider a grow op to be :)

Idiots. I'm far from a university graduate, but i find it hard to find the correlation between allowing somebody to grow four plants to maturity in their basement and Mexican cartels filling entire homes with marijuana .... Call me crazy!? Sounds like someone's on Jeff Sessions speed dial.

Unless the cartels are going to grow 4 VERY LARGE plants in a house, then nothing has changed between now and then. In other words, how will this INCREASE the number of these cartel grow ops? I used to live in Markham, and I remember when we moved there, I read an article that said up to 1 in 7 homes in Markham were Chinese Grow Ops. I think that's a ridiculous number, but I guess it depends what they consider a grow op to be :)
Very true......

This is sad... they gonna have all this screwed up be on belief. Lol the way the justices system works around here you could get more time for a few plants then murdering someone. Hell you get more for poaching fish around here

In Nova Scotia they're sticking to similar rules as tobacco for smoking bans. Some wanted to link cannabis, and tobacco to alcohol for the ban, which would have banned smoking anywhere other than your own home.

Metro News story

Back
Top Bottom