Billyjack's Simple Hempy Grow - 2016

My dog is a weed fiend. She always has to watch me in the gardens but she is good about staying out of them and keeping the rabbits away. Sorry about the victims but nice recovery. Subbed.

Overall, everything is ok but I made a mistake that I would like to share because if I cannot teach what to do, I can at least teach, what not to do. For insects I have used Mantis spray (See pic below) with good success. For young plants, I usually spray it on right after lights out, let it sit for two hours and then spray the leaves with water to rinse most of it off. Last night I fell asleep and did not rinse it off. On top of that, I suspect I did not dilute it enough. It caused some damage/twisting to some small leaves/twisting and a few of the tips. My guess is, the damage will not be fully apparent for a few days. I really do not think I will lose any plants but it sure does not help them.

So for what it is worth, let my treatment of these poor plants be a cautionary tale.

Today
20160910_100002.jpg

Last Saturday
20160903_094530.jpg

Mantis
Mantis4.jpg

Oh boy. Good thing abuse of marijuana plants is not a crime. Hurts to look at them but we will see how things turn out. No matter what, I have to flip to 12/12 no later than 10/1. Hope they an recover more. Damage has taken time to show up, hopefully it does not get any worse. Damaged leaves go from feeling thin, to thin and leathery and finally leathery to crunchy, like fall leaves. Seems more like a chemical burn than anything else. Damage does not look as bad in the photos.

20160911_Bad4.jpg
20160911_Bad3.jpg
20160911_Bad2.jpg
20160911_Bad1.jpg

I wouldn't count them out yet, weed is so resilient they might come back with a vigor. I've literally thrown plants away and later pulled them from the trash just because they were still fighting to live and I took mercy on them. Can't say they were my best plants but they made it through flower.

I wouldn't count them out yet, weed is so resilient they might come back with a vigor. I've literally thrown plants away and later pulled them from the trash just because they were still fighting to live and I took mercy on them. Can't say they were my best plants but they made it through flower.

Thanks. While they actually look a little worse than the pictures I posted, they are doing better. They are all showing new growth and leaves have stopped dying. Will start LST and see how things go.

Summary of grow to date:

4 Gallon Hempy bucket (50/50 coco/perlite bottom half, top half 100% coco- 50% dr earth fertilizer mixed in)
600w DE HPS
Germinated 8/11
8/27/16 Transplanted final pot (Water daily - for the most part)
9/3/16 added molasses 50ppm to water
9/4/16 Sprayed for pests (see posts on damage that resulted)
9/5/16 Runoff PH 7.1/Added soil acidifier runoff ppm 600
9/9/16 Runoff ph 6.4
9/10/16 Added 4 tbl Dr. Earth to each pot
9/14/16 Start LST
9/19/16 Added 2 tbl to each pot/1 tbls Epsom salt to 2 gallon water.

Overall the plants are doing ok. Any problems I have been self inflicted.

PH runoff

Back
Top Bottom