Billyjack's Simple Hempy Grow - 2016

Current Oct 20th
20161020_165828.jpg

Previous Oct 10th
20161010_132403.jpg

Everything is going great. I need to lower the shelves the plants are on as I am getting a little leaf curl on the leaves right below the light. Everything is really green and looking good. I am using the dr. earth and adding a bit periodically and watering. A little epsom salt once a week now.

The Dr Earth line is a dry mix as I recall. I assume you're mixing it into the water first and then watering with it.... yes?
Have you been adjusting PH? Do you have to do much PH adjustment with the Dr. Earth line?

I do use a dry mix. I added half strength when I first transplanted and then add 2tbls from time to time. About every other week. I have a log and will post it to give specific dates and amounts. I adjust my water PH to 5.5 - 5.8 but still had issues with runoff getting close to 7 but I added some Epsome soil acidifier to my coco. The PH never caused any issues and I just added a little acidifier on a weekly basis until runoff was closer to 6.1.

Billyjack! Your plants are doing fantastic. I have a bag of Dr. Earth home grown and flower girl waiting for my next grow. +reps

Tead, Gorgar. Here is some great info on growing with Dr. Earth

Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

YES! This link is the correct info. I found this information to be invaluable. Hash Hound and Ice Mud also gave me some input on Hempy buckets and also recommending FIMing my plants. Basically it comes down to following the video, FIMing and not over thinking things.

Hey Billyjack. I have some coco that's been cooking for a month or two with home grown. I took some out and potted it up the other day to check run off. I have awful city water but somehow my runoff was like 4 or below. Hopefully it's just the drops being off. I ordered a ph pen for this grow. I hope it's not that low. Any ideas? I bought acidifier thinking it's would be too high ph. Strange.

Hey Billyjack. I have some coco that's been cooking for a month or two with home grown. I took some out and potted it up the other day to check run off. I have awful city water but somehow my runoff was like 4 or below. Hopefully it's just the drops being off. I ordered a ph pen for this grow. I hope it's not that low. Any ideas? I bought acidifier thinking it's would be too high ph. Strange.

What is the PH of your city water? My city water is 7.6 so I use PH down to adjust it. What do you adjust your PH to when you water?

I do use a dry mix. I added half strength when I first transplanted and then add 2tbls from time to time. About every other week. I have a log and will post it to give specific dates and amounts. I adjust my water PH to 5.5 - 5.8 but still had issues with runoff getting close to 7 but I added some Epsome soil acidifier to my coco. The PH never caused any issues and I just added a little acidifier on a weekly basis until runoff was closer to 6.1.

Thanks Billyjack (hmmm... can't use my normal username 2 letter abbreviation here). I'm using perlite as my medium and have been looking at various nutrient formats. I'll add the Dr. Earth line to my list of possibilities.

Thanks Billyjack (hmmm... can't use my normal username 2 letter abbreviation here). I'm using perlite as my medium and have been looking at various nutrient formats. I'll add the Dr. Earth line to my list of possibilities.

It all started out as trying to find an easy, simple and hard to screw up grow method that would offer good to better than average results. The Dr. Earth products seem to be complete and my plants seem happy. I also have Hyr Brix fertilizer that I love, I will use it next time.

I am interested in the 100% perlite, I may try one plant in my next grow. Do you reuse your perlite?

Here is a summary of my grow and feedings:

8/11/16 Germinated- Seed cube/Red Cup Coco/perlite, no fertilizer
8/21/16 1/4 str Dr. E feeding/Dissolved in water
8/26/16 1/4 str Dr. E feeding/Dissolved in water
8/27/2016 Transplant 4 gallon Hemp pots-Bottom 2" of large perlite, 50% perlite/coco, top half 100% coco- 1/2 str Fertilizer
9/4/16 4 Tbls Dr. Earth Veg
9/5/16 Added soil acidifier 1/4 Strength weekly until runoff PH below 6
9/19/16 4 Tbls Dr. Earth Veg Epsom/Molasses
9/30/16 1 Tbls Dr. Earth Veg, Epsom/Molasses
10/1/16 Flip lights
10/10/16 4 Tbls Bloom Fert/Epsom/Molasses
10/30/16 4 Tbls Bloom Fert/Epsom/Molasses

Rate to add
Epsom 1/2 Tbls per gallon
Molasses 1 Tsp per gallon

As far as soil acidifier, go slow and do not worry too much about runoff if water used is around PH . I had some high PH (above 7) runoff but never saw any issues with my plants.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry everyone, I have been traveling in Europe for the last 4 weeks. The grow was doing well and on its last weeks before I left. Our house sitter was watering the plants for the last two weeks and then turned off the lights and stop watering for me. I will have another update this weekend when I get home. I will also start a new grow using the same grow methodology, with a few minor changes.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
Still active

Back
Top Bottom