Bio char

I’ll definitely check all this out and yes, you definitely have given me enough knowledge to have a more in depth look at my methods. I live in town with houses less than 12 ft on left and right side. My wife(and neighbors for that matter), got really upset with my outdoor compost which is 1 pallet wide by 1 pallet high, so roughly 4ft x 4ft. Unfortunately it gained a yellowjackets nest about the size of a football!! I filled it out over the winter to disperse the bees so I hope it works. So yea my methods from now on be a bit more stealthy. Thanks again for all the info. Very valid and valuable for me.

Man I'm really glad I could help it's all good info I've done it myself the bad with the good! And more than my share of dried worms on the floor. Here's 1 more link for the Bokashi. That way you can research it on their site this is what I use it works Great matter of fact I just ordered 22lbs of it ✌️ have a good one. Home | TeraGanix - Premium Quality Microbial-Based Products Online

And you'll want to check your bin every day or so not a good idea to wait a week Alot can happen in that time and if say your daughter gratefully helps you by mistake it could detrimental if you check it more often you'll have time to correct the issue before bad things happen and fly control use neamatodes,I also use rove beetles and hypsis miles mites all benifcial insects

I'm sorry I forget to say shredded coragated cardboard and shredded news paper no glossy stuff they usually use a vegetable based ink on news print is a GOOD and sustainable carbon source to. I'm just trying to be through help make you successful here I appreciate folks like you!
Foods to avoid in your bin meat,dairy,fish,garlic, onion thing's like that

Hey stunger I took your Bokashi and chicken thing and researched it and Great Advice those new chicks of mine like it I mix it in their food they seem to be HEALTHY as hell and HAPPY and their box doesn't really smell after a week I sprinkled it in there and on their 💩! Your right more solid 💩! Thanks for that information

That's great SOG! I only recently started using it myself, I am for anything that helps them have stronger and better health. Recently I have started giving them fermented grains a couple of times a week which is also supports them in similar ways. I usually mix a little of their poultry bokashi with it because it is quite wet and it sticks to it well, I add a few dried meal worms and they love them so I hope it is benefiting them too.

I may look into starting a meal worm farm but I haven't researched it yet, I had the thought after seeing someone selling mealworm farm kits, interesting. I'd then also have a great source of insect frass for my soil mix.

That's great SOG! I only recently started using it myself, I am for anything that helps them have stronger and better health. Recently I have started giving them fermented grains a couple of times a week which is also supports them in similar ways. I usually mix a little of their poultry bokashi with it because it is quite wet and it sticks to it well, I add a few dried meal worms and they love them so I hope it is benefiting them too.

I may look into starting a meal worm farm but I haven't researched it yet, I had the thought after seeing someone selling mealworm farm kits, interesting. I'd then also have a great source of insect frass for my soil mix.
That's cool about the meal worms I've been looking into that as well I figured when their ranging in the yard I can shake a can of dried mealworms and I hope I can train them to come running lol wish me luck with that lol I use frass in my bin and my soil mix black soldier fly frass and the meal worm frass I think uncle Jim's worm farmer has live mealworms online I'm going to look into as well Maybe we can compare notes as far as the chickens yeah the healthier the BETTER! I had 3 for a few years before I moved in town here and they always produced good for me they were my friends lol I got pictures of em hang with my dog it was funny damn dog didn't care about those chickens She was a GOOD dog Golden lab

I figured when their ranging in the yard I can shake a can of dried mealworms and I hope I can train them to come running lol wish me luck with that
Oh yeah, I think you'll have them running to you easily with mealworms.

You know I top dress soldier fly frass and 2 row ground malted barley about 1 week into flower and I seen an increase in bud size and tricombs I only use it into about the 4 week that's it now I'm not saying that's the total reason I seen increase in flower or tricombs but I'm sure it helps because what I've read is the plant thinks it's getting attacked by bugs and tricombs and oil is the plants natural defense but it's good to use it all run long but a little extra come flower time the malted barley I only use in flower but it does feed the worms 2

You know I top dress soldier fly frass and 2 row ground malted barley about 1 week into flower and I seen an increase in bud size and tricombs I only use it into about the 4 week that's it now I'm not saying that's the total reason I seen increase in flower or tricombs but I'm sure it helps because what I've read is the plant thinks it's getting attacked by bugs and tricombs and oil is the plants natural defense but it's good to use it all run long but a little extra come flower time the malted barley I only use in flower but it does feed the worms 2
Stunger,You talked about fermented grains for you chickens I think that's for the micro-flora in their gut I use about a quarter cap in about a qrt of water I believe it's the same as what you are doing with fermented grains it on the Tergantax site they have a whole page on agriculture and live stock you might have to create an account to access the info I called customer service and talked to them they had some REAL GOOD info 👍

IMG_20230227_165736.jpg

Stunger,You talked about fermented grains for you chickens I think that's for the micro-flora in their gut I use about a quarter cap in about a qrt of water I believe it's the same as what you are doing with fermented grains it on the Tergantax site they have a whole page on agriculture and live stock you might have to create an account to access the info I called customer service and talked to them they had some REAL GOOD info 👍

IMG_20230227_165736.jpg

IMG_20230227_170854.jpg

IMG_20230227_170840.jpg

I imagine any source of frass would be great, altho it isn't something we see on shop shelves down here. I use Malted Barley throughout my grows as well as adding it to cook with other amendments in the outdoor growing off season.
Yes I understand that to be the case too. The lacto-fermentation process increases the beneficial bacteria, but also too, the grains become far more digestible because they are not hard and dry after being soaked/fermented for 3 or 4 days. I read that some chicken folk say they feed less because the chickens are able to obtain more nutrition, so if that's true then there is a potential cost savings too.

I imagine any source of frass would be great, altho it isn't something we see on shop shelves down here. I use Malted Barley throughout my grows as well as adding it to cook with other amendments in the outdoor growing off season.

Yes I understand that to be the case too. The lacto-fermentation process increases the beneficial bacteria, but also too, the grains become far more digestible because they are not hard and dry after being soaked/fermented for 3 or 4 days. I read that some chicken folk say they feed less because the chickens are able to obtain more nutrition, so if that's true then there is a potential cost savings too.
That's what I've been reading to better egg production and the whole 9 yards and I believe it's true I've looked into pretty it hard i plagurized some of the info about what you said back a couple pages ago but yeah I think it would really help ,mine seem REALLY HEALTHY after a week and that's a good thing

I don't think you need to ferment the grain if your use the lacto acid or em 1 I think it does it in their gut because the crop breaks it down enough

I don't think you need to ferment the grain if your use the lacto acid or em 1 I think it does it in their gut because the crop breaks it down enough
It looks like the EM1 is a good addition. Coarse hard grains are tumbled and ground to a degree in their gut, but is it less than grains that have been considerably soaked and softened first? I don't know, but I assume such softened grains would break down easier. Would they be more completely utilised than hard dry grains, I really don't know, but if I have grains like porridge it certainly sits more comfortably when soaked and softened, but then again, I don't have a crop!

Back
Top Bottom