Black pepper a cure for cannabis related anxiety?

Hi Mojo.... I'm the escapee {even if it was for a short time}... I have to admit I have never even seen this thread before... I really need to check this out... I was just at the essential oil store placing an order... kinda weird when the first thing I saw when I signed in was the PM from Rad about coming to this thread...Karma... anyhow... I digress... I have been making what are IMO amazing strides with the agoraphobia with the oil.... and I have to also tell yo the first 3 months of my leap of faith was because a very kind gentleman gifted me ~ 6 grams to get me started and I will have to check with him to know what it was... I'm sure he and Motoco told me but I just don't remember... but then when I made my first batches of day and nighttime oils I used as pure a landrace sativa as I had and for my nighttime I used the same only Indica.... I'm still playing around with exact strains but can tell you to stay with the pure sativas and indicas as close as you can and not so much of the "hybrid crosses"... I think I probably should have you go to the oilers thread so I don't get in trouble for going to far off topic here.... I just posted up about 2 days ago about my adventure out on my own and read through that and I can also tell you I have had severe anxiety attacks for years and too am totally on disability diue to the agoraphobia and anxiety... there most certainly is help....Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge ....:cco:...:circle-of-love:

I did speak to my wife about the black pepper and she seems open to it. I told that I would never urge her to do something that would harm her if for some reason it didn't work. She told me she would snort it if it would help her get out into the world again. We laughed and I told her it was more about smelling the oils released when you first grind it. I let it go after that, but the fact that she even entertained the notion is a very good sign.

Thank you all. There's a "Catch 22" involved. She firmly believes it was weed that gave rise to her agoraphobia. In her late teens she tried it and it made her paranoid. She started having panic attacks shortly after that.

Knowing what I know about the person she bought it from, it's hard to tell what it may have been laced with, but she would be unshakably resolute about not using cannabis in any form because of her experience with it. If other things work, I'll stick with everything but cannabis for her. For me, that's a completely different story. I've already started gathering materials and items to build an indoor grow setup.

The black pepper works with me and the few I suggested it to, that trusted me enough. :) I dont have any strains that I know of, new stuff maybe :), that makes me anxious or paranoid much.
I wonder if being very subjective; what the person is experiencing, the 'cure' is not also very subjective.
Im curious if other highly terpene and terpenoid containing substances(essential oils, extracts, etc) are curative subjectively like the anxiety is. So lets say, in addition to Black Pepper , Peppermint, fresh ground coffee, lavender, works also for me, but not for everyone.
Chemicals affect each of us similarly and very differently.
I hope I correctly conveyed my thoughts to you, Im sampling..:volcano-smiley:

The black pepper works with me and the few I suggested it to, that trusted me enough. :) I dont have any strains that I know of, new stuff maybe :), that makes me anxious or paranoid much.
I wonder if being very subjective; what the person is experiencing, the 'cure' is not also very subjective.
Im curious if other highly terpene and terpenoid containing substances(essential oils, extracts, etc) are curative subjectively like the anxiety is. So lets say, in addition to Black Pepper , Peppermint, fresh ground coffee, lavender, works also for me, but not for everyone.
Chemicals affect each of us similarly and very differently.
I hope I correctly conveyed my thoughts to you, Im sampling..:volcano-smiley:

The ones I have been able to find so far in addition to beta caryophellene are d limonene (citrus) and linalool (lavender). So Shiggs salve will contain all anxiolytic terps.

Thank you all. There's a "Catch 22" involved. She firmly believes it was weed that gave rise to her agoraphobia. In her late teens she tried it and it made her paranoid. She started having panic attacks shortly after that.

Knowing what I know about the person she bought it from, it's hard to tell what it may have been laced with, but she would be unshakably resolute about not using cannabis in any form because of her experience with it. If other things work, I'll stick with everything but cannabis for her. For me, that's a completely different story. I've already started gathering materials and items to build an indoor grow setup.

Around 1981, when Angel Dust/PCP had been around town for over a year, and sales were declining as people learned the real danger, I gave up smoking marijuana due to paranoia experienced shortly after smoking and the fear the cause was marijuana was laced with PCP, and lingering fears of paraquat sprayed marijuana. I gave up for decades.

I understand the fear based on experience. At this point, I won't smoke or vape anything I don't grow.

Shigs, are the remedies strain or Sat/Ind% specific?

The terpenes? Terpenes vary by strain and also by flowering conditions. Like super lemon haze will have a higher concentration of limonene. Is that what you are asking?

Or is it asking if certain terpenes are needed to combat the anxiety effect of certain strains? If that is the question I don't believe so. The anti anxiety terpenes should be good to go against all anxiety producing strains.

Thank you for additional info. Wouldn't it be great to package a working combo into an inhaler such as is used for asthma? Back to the black pepper though. Can it be vaporized in ground form?

Good timing on the vaporization of pepper question. I had read the recent posts on this issue this morning, and happened to spend the afternoon with a friend who has a Storz & Bickel "Crafty" vaporizer. We didn't have any weed to vape, but he did have one of those mini pepper grinders ... so we ground some of it and loaded the grind into the crafty and vaped it in and around the 199C (390F), just for the halibut.

We weren't in a cannabis-induced anxiety state, so I can't speak to whether it would impact in that regard. I can tell you that vaping ground black pepper is a very smooth vape, with zero harshness. No irritation when going straight into the lungs. No smell to speak of. Very pleasent, actually.

When we emptied the Crafty, the ABV (Already Been Vaped) pepper had turned a uniformly tobacco brown color. Very pretty, actually. There was ZERO scent left in the ABV. You could probably snort a whole line of the ABV without getting even a hint of the kind of nasal irritation that ground pepper produces.

BTW ... the pepper grinder used had a mix of pepper seeds ... some black, some blondish, some tan colored. When ground, it was quite a light grayish color. All had turned to that uniform cigarette tobacco color once vaped.

lol ... so no help except to say that simply vaping ground pepper is not at all unpleasant.

BTW ... I was HOPING that vaping the pepper might help relieve some of my constant stress ... the way that just a couple hits of weed relieves that tension almost immediately. Sadly, I experienced no relief whatsoever after a half dozen or so hits with the Crafty.

... the tension/stress that I experience has been with me 24/7 since traumatic brain injury and spinal pain from a car accident 22 years ago. It's akin to every muscle in my body (face, jaws, neck, back ... even toes) being CLENCHED every minute of every day. Then, in Oct 2015, I discovered that smoking cannabis IMMEDIATELY relaxes those clenched muscles, relieves the headaches which are the direct result of the relentless muscle tension.

Since I don't smoke with others due to the threat of cannabis-induced anxiety, I don't know when I'll have an opportunity to use a Crafty vaporizer with pepper when in the throes of cannabis anxiety. I would certainly encourage others to give it a try, though.

...Dim

The terpenes? Terpenes vary by strain and also by flowering conditions. Like super lemon haze will have a higher concentration of limonene. Is that what you are asking?

Or is it asking if certain terpenes are needed to combat the anxiety effect of certain strains? If that is the question I don't believe so. The anti anxiety terpenes should be good to go against all anxiety producing strains.

Both combined actually.. :) TY

Thanks so much for sharing that. Sorry that it did not help with the non cannabis induced anxiety. Perhaps grinding and just inhaling the pepper terpenes without vaping may help. You can just slowly inhale them in and out. I'm hoping you find some cannabis soon to help with your tension.

I've been saving money (foregoing purchasing my canna-meds) so that I can try growing my meds. I just got everything I need for a small Veg area a few days ago. I just have to figure out how to get a decent clone or two here in Michigan. I have zero contacts in that regard. I'll be foregoing meds for quite some time since I'm saving to equip a Flowering area as well. But don't cry for me. I've been dealing with the pain and related issues for over two decades ... I CAN handle a few more months of deprivation.

Postponing gratification will have longer term benefits for me.

Thanks for your concern ... and more thanks for bringing this whole issue to us.

...Dim (ah .. Ahh ... ACHOO!!!)

Thank you for starting this thread ShiggityFlip. As I recently explained in my journal, I too suffer from paranoia when I smoke. I had heard of this before, but never tried. I just don't smoke much at all anymore and when I do, it's usually only one or two small hits and plenty of alcohol to wash it down. Honestly, I never remembered to try black pepper. DrZiggy suggested I check out this thread, and I'm glad I did. The articles I read from a google search months ago didn't allow comments, so I was kind of skeptical if it actually worked. I will definitely try this the next time I smoke. It may be a while, I have none, and I'm a couple months away from harvest. But, I'm sub'd... I won't forget to post results.

:thanks:

Quick update! I stopped to visit an old friend who's now retired, took him a bottle of my homemade wine and he broke out some smoke. Bear in mind it's been almost 20 years since the last time. He doesn't know the strain (it actually has a spicy, almost peppery smell) but we smoked a wee bit. It was a very small amount and I barely noticed anything. He gifted me about a quarter inch in the bottom of a pill bottle and said go easy because it's creeper weed. Boy was he right..... I went to the auto parts store and bought a few things to make a one hitter. Once it was finished, I put a chocolate chip size nug in it and smoked it a little at a time. By the time it was all ash it had kicked my ass! I would have never thought that little bit would get me that high. Just short of paranoid, hyper focused, time a bit distorted.....I liked it! Any more and I would have been reaching for the pepper grinder.

Back
Top Bottom