Black pepper a cure for cannabis related anxiety?

He said he has a jar full of seeds (bag seed I assume). The last time I paid him a visit he said I could have some when I get set up to grow. At the local price of $50-$75 dollars an 1/8, I'm going to need to grow!

He said he has a jar full of seeds (bag seed I assume). The last time I paid him a visit he said I could have some when I get set up to grow. At the local price of $50-$75 dollars an 1/8, I'm going to need to grow!

I fully understand, mate! Sadly, I'm coming to find that the cost of growing your own (inside) won't pay for itself (here in Michigan) if you don't have a market for "overages".

Here in Michigan, a MedMJ Patient/Grower can only possess 2.5 oz of The Glorious Med. That would be ... meh ... okay --- EXCEPT that there is no "LEGAL" market for anything over 2.5 oz of smokable Herb. Ya can't offset your "Grow Expences" through selling overages.

Lighting sufficient to grow 2.5 oz is gonna drain wattage straight out of your bank account. One plant x (18 hrs/day @ 150w x # wks in Veg) + (12hrs/day @ 150watts x ~7 wks in Flower) + (misc expences like wattage consumed by fans, pH Up/Down, Nutes, Soil, store-bought H2O, etc.)

Apply your local cost of kilowatts per hr to the above to see what minimum electricity costs you'll face. In some cases that I've seen documented, people living by the letter of Michigan's current laws spend more growing their own than by purchasing at expensive "dispensoriess".

Without a Free Market here in Michigan, it's hard to see how some of us will ever be able to AFFORD our meds. My Medicare ain't payin' for it. Maybe Massah Trump will fix that for us.

...DimWit

You're making the assumption I'll be paying for all me light energy and nutrients. Sunlight is free as are compost and manure teas, with the exception of my labor. I have no water or sewage bill except for a small amount of electricity to pump the water out of the well.

There are some nice suggestions going on here. I stumbled up on a documentary in german television. They said something about how well people can interpret theyre body´s signal, especially the heart beat. So if youre in normal mood, with no thc floating to your venes, you cant "hear" anything that is going on inside your body. But if you smoke some weed, your perception is going to like: Wtf is going on?

You can read about this here (in german). It is object of recent scientific studies. Forschung:
Signale aus dem Inneren: Wie wichtig K"orperwahrnehmung ist - Wissenschaft - Augsburger Allgemeine

Btw chewing some pepper balls or drinking lemon juice worked fine for me :thumb:

I tried some ground black pepper corns after smoking enough weed take make me decently high and I have to say that I would save it for the onset of anxiety or paranoia before grinding and sniffing it. It seemed to mitigate the high. I started feeling the high set in, smelled the pepper and it faded away. I wouldn't recommend using it as a preemptive treatment because of my experience.

I tried some ground black pepper corns after smoking enough weed take make me decently high and I have to say that I would save it for the onset of anxiety or paranoia before grinding and sniffing it. It seemed to mitigate the high. I started feeling the high set in, smelled the pepper and it faded away. I wouldn't recommend using it as a preemptive treatment because of my experience.
I take it if my heart starts racing in a warning type way. It settles my heart rate and I can smoke or vape some more.

There are some nice suggestions going on here. I stumbled up on a documentary in german television. They said something about how well people can interpret theyre body´s signal, especially the heart beat. So if youre in normal mood, with no thc floating to your venes, you cant "hear" anything that is going on inside your body. But if you smoke some weed, your perception is going to like: Wtf is going on?

You can read about this here (in german). It is object of recent scientific studies. Forschung:
Signale aus dem Inneren: Wie wichtig K"orperwahrnehmung ist - Wissenschaft - Augsburger Allgemeine

Btw chewing some pepper balls or drinking lemon juice worked fine for me :thumb:

Welcome Ghostreactor to 420 Mag!! :welcome::420:

I take it if my heart starts racing in a warning type way. It settles my heart rate and I can smoke or vape some more.

Let's look at the Cannabis Anxiety from a slightly different perspective.

We seem to have different experiences regarding Cannabis Induced Anxiety ... and remedies. Pepper seems to work for some, and seemingly not for others. MAYBE "timing" is responsible.

Timing?

Yup. What IF "WHEN" pepper is administered for some of our Human Phemones determines it's effectiveness? Will some be helped IF they do pepper BEFORE they do Cannabis (a "pre-emptive strike") ... yet have negledgable effect if pepper is done AFTEr Cannabis intake? In other words ... might PREVENTATIVE Pepper inhalation (pepper inhalation PRIOR to Cannabis use) work better for some among us?

We HUMANS are very diverse ... phenome-wise. We have different issues ... different needs ... different Baselines. P'raps that suggests that differnt dosages and dosage timings MAY be The KEY to Pepper effectiveness.

Me? After I smoke in the company of others, I DO sometimes question the Motives of others. I DO sometimes DOUBT what I believed beforehand. Anxiety? Paranoia?

If ... IF snortin', smokin', or vapin' pepper offers the POSSIBILITY of stabilizing my perspective, then it seems worthy of further investigation.

Stabilized Perspective. Smoothing of the TRANSITION from the pre- and post-Cannabis Curves. WHAT?!!!

...Dim

... hmmmm ...

Looks like my BS is worthy of ZERO Response. I thot I was just "Dim". Looks like I may actually be Certifiably STooPID!!!

{{ this is NOT gonna be easy to deal with}}

... but ... SERIOUSLY ... I'm still interestest in both "scientific" as well as anecdotal BS.

... Dim {{ ... i'm ph8kkin drOOlin'! }}

... Dim

... hmmmm ...

Looks like my BS is worthy of ZERO Response. I thot I was just "Dim". Looks like I may actually be Certifiably STooPID!!!

... but ... SERIOUSLY ... I'm still interestest in both "scientific" as well as anecdotal BS.

... Dim
Actually I agree 100% I was just so stoned last night I passed out. It really does help to do a pre-emptive strike or two for strains you think will be panic inducing. I have started doing that with any I have needed pepper before. (If I remember!)

... hmmmm ...

... Dim

Let's look at the Cannabis Anxiety from a slightly different perspective.

We seem to have different experiences regarding Cannabis Induced Anxiety ... and remedies. Pepper seems to work for some, and seemingly not for others. MAYBE "timing" is responsible.

Timing?

Yup. What IF "WHEN" pepper is administered for some of our Human Phemones determines it's effectiveness? Will some be helped IF they do pepper BEFORE they do Cannabis (a "pre-emptive strike") ... yet have negledgable effect if pepper is done AFTEr Cannabis intake? In other words ... might PREVENTATIVE Pepper inhalation (pepper inhalation PRIOR to Cannabis use) work better for some among us?

We HUMANS are very diverse ... phenome-wise. We have different issues ... different needs ... different Baselines. P'raps that suggests that differnt dosages and dosage timings MAY be The KEY to Pepper effectiveness.

Me? After I smoke in the company of others, I DO sometimes question the Motives of others. I DO sometimes DOUBT what I believed beforehand. Anxiety? Paranoia?

If ... IF snortin', smokin', or vapin' pepper offers the POSSIBILITY of stabilizing my perspective, then it seems worthy of further investigation.

Stabilized Perspective. Smoothing of the TRANSITION from the pre- and post-Cannabis Curves. WHAT?!!!

...Dim

Dim, interesting ideas..I agree to the possibilities..

Mostly on this thread we've been talking about using pepper by smelling it, but I think there were a couple mentions of eating it- has anyone tried this or any other methods like vaping- have any info?

I haven't tried any other method personally as I find that sniffing is more than sufficient for me when the need arises. I do tend to eat a fair amount of pepper though and that hasn't ever made any difference that I am aware of. I do know that the white paper I read stated that mangoes were to be ingested an hour before smoking for the a-pinine to have the same effect, so it may well be possible that pepper is the same. But like I said, I do tend to eat a lot of pepper (creamy mash with loads of ground pepper, mmm) :thumb:

I eat a lot of pepper too. Probably not enough to make a difference in my paranoia levels though. The flavour doesn't exactly lend itself to eating a few spoonfuls or brewing up a cup of pepper tea, but sometimes carrying the pepper grinder around and smelling it is a bit awkward or inconvenient.

I eat a lot of pepper too. Proababoy not enough to make a difference in my paranoia levels though. The flavour doesn't exactly lend itself to eating a few spoonfuls or brewing up a cup of pepper tea, but sometimes the pepper grinder thing is a bit awkward or inconvenient.

In the summer, I like a ginger, cinnamon, pepper, cardamon, clove tea. I usually brew 2-3 gallons at a time. I use 8-10 peppercorns per gallon. The pepper aroma is strong hot or cold. I imagine a cinnamon(6 inches of bark per gallon) and pepper tea, boiled for an hour, would be quite palatable as well as aromatic.

Back
Top Bottom