Bloombox Grow In South America - Jack Diesel Strain

Yes, Im putting her in a larger chamber tomorrow morning with the MH. Remember that will be a mother plant and will veg for a long time once I ran out of seeds and want to use her clones to grow hydroponically later on.

Yes, I remember. A couple suggestions here, first: leave her under that CFL for a couple days so she gets settled in the new home nice and easy; second: When you move her under that MH make sure at first its extra high above her, like 18 inches (45 cm's.) Then lower it every day a couple inches until you're about a foot above her top.

I'm not familiar with your soil mix but I'm guessing it has some nutrients in it also, should say on the package it came in. If so, leave your ppm's the same unless you see something that appears wrong. Also, can you find like a 5 gallon bucket that can be cleaned out well? That Jack you have will probably need a much larger container as if I remember right they have giant root balls and you're going to be keeping it in its final house for quite some time because you want her to give you clones. It also grows fairly tall, but especially since she's going to be a stay at home mom for quite some time and you want clones that can really work to your advantage and speed up when you'll actually be able to start taking clones.

Are you familiar with LST by chance? Because I really think given her current height this is a technique that is not only probably neccessary but works to your advantage for what you want her to do anyways.

How's she looking since the transplant?
Hey,

Well, I took some actions I don't know if I did right, but I cut the fan leaves in half (those first ones that grew with the plant), so I read it stimulates rooting and to clone faster. I also gave her a PH balanced water about a liter and a half, and yesterday I gave her some notes around 380ppm, but I had a hard time adjusting the PH. I used PH up and got it wrong after that I adjusted with a few drops of lemon juice and poured a little more of Veg Boom once this nute makes water's ph go down...hope that'ok?!
So far no changes the soil has way more water now, so lets see.

Thanks for helping...:thumb:

Well, you're in soil so the PH mishap prob won't be to much of a hassle; cutting the fan leaves in half is a thing some do on the actual clone itself while while its trying to establish roots to help with transpiration, no need to cut the mom's fans to stimulate root growth, she has them already. Have you moved her under the MH yet?

Well, you're in soil so the PH mishap prob won't be to much of a hassle; cutting the fan leaves in half is a thing some do on the actual clone itself while while its trying to establish roots to help with transpiration, no need to cut the mom's fans to stimulate root growth, she has them already. Have you moved her under the MH yet?

NO not yet! Will do that tomorrow!

sounds like your getting things sorted, you could really do with a wider pot but if thats all you have got to work with then you have no choice really,
a wider pot would promote more sideways growth, you will usually find that without any training a plant will grow slightly wider then its pot, so the wider the pot the wider the plant, also with the height i find a 1ft pot can easily support a 2.5 to 3ft plant,
if you did want a bigger pot ut dont have one then you can use the bag the compost/soil came in, just cut the top off and use the bag as a pot, their usually black on the inside to stop light getting to the soil so bags work fine,
ive used all sorts of things as pots, i got big plastic rectangle tubs that are the type you pack books or toys away in and slide them under beds, so ive used all sorts and still use them big square tubs as pots as they have plenty of room.

if you do buy more seeds at any point id go with an indica strain as these are genetically bushy compared with sativas or sativa crosses that are more taller plants, i grow a mixture of all types but i train my sativas very early and top them at seedling stage, i know most growers say dont top early but i have found it makes no difference and my plants always turn out ok.

is the jack a jack flash, if it is then this sativa strain is a long flowering strain and can easily be under 12-12 from 3 months before you harvest so you will need a bigger pot for that.

when you fill the pots with growing medium next time just use one mix, you dont need anything at the bottom of the pots to help with draining as all this does is takes up space that roots could use, so next time just mix your growing medium up and fill the whole pot with that, having different layers will possibly cause problems with drainage and or salt build up in the differen layers, plus it will dry out at different rates making it hard to know when to water.

nice job topping it, that will give you 2 main shoots growing upwards instead of just 1 and while the plant recovers the lower growth will catch up, if its still not catching up then look into super cropping as this stops nutrients getting to the top of the plant and forces it to the lower parts which makes them grow at a faster rate compared with the top of the plant.

you should see a difference in a week to 10 days, you should find you get better growth lower down now, try and keep the temps within a good range and it will stop the plant from stretching,

sounds like your getting things sorted, you could really do with a wider pot but if thats all you have got to work with then you have no choice really,
a wider pot would promote more sideways growth, you will usually find that without any training a plant will grow slightly wider then its pot, so the wider the pot the wider the plant, also with the height i find a 1ft pot can easily support a 2.5 to 3ft plant,
if you did want a bigger pot ut dont have one then you can use the bag the compost/soil came in, just cut the top off and use the bag as a pot, their usually black on the inside to stop light getting to the soil so bags work fine,
ive used all sorts of things as pots, i got big plastic rectangle tubs that are the type you pack books or toys away in and slide them under beds, so ive used all sorts and still use them big square tubs as pots as they have plenty of room.

if you do buy more seeds at any point id go with an indica strain as these are genetically bushy compared with sativas or sativa crosses that are more taller plants, i grow a mixture of all types but i train my sativas very early and top them at seedling stage, i know most growers say dont top early but i have found it makes no difference and my plants always turn out ok.

is the jack a jack flash, if it is then this sativa strain is a long flowering strain and can easily be under 12-12 from 3 months before you harvest so you will need a bigger pot for that.

when you fill the pots with growing medium next time just use one mix, you dont need anything at the bottom of the pots to help with draining as all this does is takes up space that roots could use, so next time just mix your growing medium up and fill the whole pot with that, having different layers will possibly cause problems with drainage and or salt build up in the differen layers, plus it will dry out at different rates making it hard to know when to water.

nice job topping it, that will give you 2 main shoots growing upwards instead of just 1 and while the plant recovers the lower growth will catch up, if its still not catching up then look into super cropping as this stops nutrients getting to the top of the plant and forces it to the lower parts which makes them grow at a faster rate compared with the top of the plant.

you should see a difference in a week to 10 days, you should find you get better growth lower down now, try and keep the temps within a good range and it will stop the plant from stretching,

Thanks my friend, I did notice that the main stem got thicker. Unfortunately I cut the fan leaves in half, once I did that last year with a Mother Sour Diesel I had.

This Jack is a Jack Diesel, and I got the seeds in Jan last year, but due to a long travel to US I was able to germinate them last October, and this was the only seed who survived. My idea is to get her clones and grow them hydroponically. I think will be faster that way, but I know Sativas can be slower than Indicas, I have some seeds coming my way and some of them are Indicas and Auto seeds. That should make things easier for me.

Temps are within the range right now. However I'm watering in a daily basis according to soil moisture levels.

Hey, Im here again. Unfortunately I did cut the fan leaves in half. My bad, if I was not suppose to do that. A friend of mine last year gave me his mother plant and had done the same, so I thought I would take the same action. Below are pics taken today. I could not move her to the larger chamber, cause I would have to take off the hydro system and would need a place for it like I did in the small veg chamber, so I guess I have to keep the same space and light (CFL). The main stem did get thicker and little by little the new grow is start to showing like the new clones I need. The weather here is very unstable, but so far I was able to keep up with the levels. Sometimes I put a fan on her once the fan inside the box does not seem to be enough to lower the temps. Anyone would know when am I going to be able to get clones out of her, I mean an estimate? I know sativas are very slow, but theres something that I can do to speed up a little would come handy.
IMG_20140113_173421.jpg
IMG_20140113_173411.jpg

your probably not going to get enough light to the branch sites w/only a cfl as she sits now. Its been suggested to maybe top her, lst her or both but we can't do it for you...its really up to you where to go from here but I'll share two sayings that always stick in my head: "its not shooting myself in the foot so much that bothers me, but how fast I seem to reload;" and "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over, yet expecting a different result."

your probably not going to get enough light to the branch sites w/only a cfl as she sits now. Its been suggested to maybe top her, lst her or both but we can't do it for you...its really up to you where to go from here but I'll share two sayings that always stick in my head: "its not shooting myself in the foot so much that bothers me, but how fast I seem to reload;" and "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over, yet expecting a different result."
Hey my friend unfortunately I did not put her in the larger chamber due to the lack of space for my hydro system, is not stubbornness from my end I swear. I'm afraid that the pot is too heavy and break the reservoir. I did top her and I can see two new shoots growing up. I think the nature of this plant (Sativa dominant) is the reason why she is slower to grow. This chamber I'm using now is suppose to house 12 plants and a mother just for vegging purposes. Let me show the Mother Sour Diesel I grew in this chamber last year, when I got her she was just like the Mother Jack. Unfortunately I had an emergency trip and had to give her away. But believe me I will take any kind of actions as possible to have this Mother giving me clones and sorry if I sounded stubborn.
IMG_20130312_181909.jpg

P.S: If I ever to visit New Mexico maybe we could go have a Heisenberg beer or eat at the Pollos Hermanos :thumb:

No, not at all. When you topped her did you clone the top? LST the girl (bend and tie her down then twist around the pot, I guarantee the bottom branches will take off or top it again a lot lower. There's no way the lower branch site nodes are getting sufficient light from one cfl that high above them. I see that other plant from before; but I'd venture to guess, given the uniform heighth of all those branches, the light was slightly above and raised evenly as she was grown. Just noticing they all seem to have stretched at the same rate given the ever increasing nodal spacing...ya know, you could try getting another cfl and just focus it on the lower branch sites if you don't wanna risk LST'g or topping again. That would probably spur them into action.

Hi guys, I haven't been posting lately, here in my Country the heat was crazy and very dry as well, anyway I noticed that the temps and humidity has been on the levels this last few days due to the rain and storms we kind of needed to have here. Well, good news, I was able o LST Mother Jack, but I did get new treats for my future harvest. Any tips for my babies? I'm thinking about take 3 or clones from Mother Jack once she is kind of slow and pop a few seeds once 100% of them are automatic....btw I don't know why the pics uploaded like that, they were straight up when I uploaded them.
20140215_225956.jpg
20140215_225918.jpg
20140215_230250.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom