Blue Dream - Problems with app

My blue dreams are 6 weeks and 2 days :

Mine suffered from foliar spraying with too strong mix of biocanna bioboost + terpinator. I read people saying terpinator had halt bud growth. I stopped that foliar feeding stuff after 5 days after realizing leaves and buds had decreased in size and started showing nut burn. Anyway as you can see your blue dream is fine. Don't worry cause as long as the buds don't look mature but still with lots of white pistils, it means the buds are still growing and increasing in size so just be patient as blue dream is a 65-70 days flowering strain. So you have between 2 and 3 weeks left which is a lot in terms of bud growth an ripening
Btw yours look beautiful! I got my seeds from seedsman, and they said it it's from Humboldt

Btw yours look beautiful! I got my seeds from seedsman, and they said it it's from Humboldt

Mine are Humboldt as well. I did much training on them. They used to be so beautiful before the spraying stuff. I was one the path to have huge buds like those we see on some pictures but the terpinator is sometimes said to halt bud growth making the plant thinking it s under attack so its response is resin and terp production. However your plants look way more frosty than mine which is a very good sign. Frostier means more trichromes so more thc and terpene!

Your plant looks great! You will have nice buds just be patient. 9-10 weeks is calculated from flip not from first sign of flowering but sometimes some strain can vary. Your may require 3-4 more weeks (mine may need 4 weeks for example)

For me that would depend on the light. If you have a top notch light with great penetration power, you can leave them on. If you are growing with a standard LED or even some of the lower powered HPS, you might not get the penetration power and in that case, I would trim the lower stuff.

Its tough to say just based off one or two pictures.

Just wondering I'm at 7 weeks from flip how much longer can I expect this strain to be ready? Breeder says 9 to 10 weeks, just don't know if I count from flip or first sign of flower?

Depends who you talk to ;) .....some folks count from flip and some count from first pistils since flip....the numbers they give kind of like when a cars sticker says 17MPG city, so many variables so it is a ballpark number. They ready when they want to be ready :rofl: but IMHO you probably have at least 2 weeks and probably 3 or more to go still. If you can get it a little cooler at night it may bring out some colors (depends on the phenotype too though), as Outdoor plants it does that when Fall is coming in most parts of the world, not critical but it seems to make them more "colorful", though many of us don't have ways of controlling the temps depending on where they are located. I've just noticed that with my Blue Widow as I have been running clones of clone of the clone and time of year with my setup affects how much color they bring out (still get he color but it varies on degree and they all off the same plant so same phenotype).

Examples of color difference:

One I harvested in September:
And one of her offspring I harvested in December:

Just wondering I'm at 7 weeks from flip how much longer can I expect this strain to be ready? Breeder says 9 to 10 weeks, just don't know if I count from flip or first sign of flower?
Those numbers aren't always accurate. Most of the time I find it takes a little longer than their listing. I tend to find in my growing conditions, its more accurate to count from pistils appearing. That tends to align closer to the breeders timeline. Be careful though, man.....many times those breeders list those times hoping to sell more seeds.

My recommendation is don't get caught up in a timeline number. The plant will show you when she is done, just try to be patient. Watch the colors in the trichomes.

For me that would depend on the light. If you have a top notch light with great penetration power, you can leave them on. If you are growing with a standard LED or even some of the lower powered HPS, you might not get the penetration power and in that case, I would trim the lower stuff.

Its tough to say just based off one or two pictures.
I'm supposed to get up to 16" penetration with my lights, I have mine at 14 inches right now

If I trimmed lower buds now couldn't it Hermie?
No, trimming the plant (a decent plant with good genetics) will not cause it to go hermie. True hermies are actually rare and will generally require a lot of stress to induce.

Depends who you talk to ;) .....some folks count from flip and some count from first pistils since flip....the numbers they give kind of like when a cars sticker says 17MPG city, so many variables so it is a ballpark number. They ready when they want to be ready :rofl: but IMHO you probably have at least 2 weeks and probably 3 or more to go still. If you can get it a little cooler at night it may bring out some colors (depends on the phenotype too though), as Outdoor plants it does that when Fall is coming in most parts of the world, not critical but it seems to make them more "colorful", though many of us don't have ways of controlling the temps depending on where they are located. I've just noticed that with my Blue Widow as I have been running clones of clone of the clone and time of year with my setup affects how much color they bring out (still get he color but it varies on degree and they all off the same plant so same phenotype).

Examples of color difference:

One I harvested in September:
And one of her offspring I harvested in December:
Wow very nice!

Though TBH it may just be cosmetic on the color, as we really can't tell any difference in taste/effect from the original Mother and her Clones and the Clones of the Clones.

Just cut away the fans that might be getting in the way of any other bud sites and you will be good. She is perfectly healthy and she will bulk up when she is ready, regardless how bad we might want them to go faster!

Back
Top Bottom