BMG Grow Journal

Yeah I was going to mention how healthy the leaves looked. The color and texture all showed signs of happy plants that are well maintained and fed.
Gotta little depressed, but I learned a good lesson! This definitely is not like coco or soil where you can come back in a few days or so. I made errors by not making my grow a priority. This round I'll definitely be more involved with things. Just waiting on confirmation from the plants before I chop. I'll be hitting the reset button on this one. An issue I ran into as well was lights. Lights would come on after I left for work making it impossible for me to PH before I left and when I would get home I'd be to tired too. I guess I didn't get what I wanted in way and that was to test hydroponics for the first time. I didn't get everything I wanted out of this grow but I got a good idea of how this works and what adjustments needs to be made on the environmental side of things along with what's required daily. At this point im soo annoyed and kinda embarrassed that I'll leave no room for error next time.

I think I may have been wrong with my determination of gender! From what I see there is 3 females and 1 male. I'm keeping a close eye on them because the shit just looked funny in the pre stages. As there maturing it seems to me it's looks more like females and not hermi's. There is no deficiencies eventhough the pictures look like the leaves are a little yellowing but that is just due to the flower bulb I'm using.

20230617_194017.jpg

20230617_193944.jpg

Gave the autoflowers 777 ppm and I'm about to start the Photoperiods I just have to get a few more things such as a portable AC unit, PH Doser etc. I have a wide variety of seeds I'd like to repro so determining which one first will be a tough one.

So I've decided to temporarily change cabinets so the plants have better lighting. Pruned the leaves and have set up a tent in a closet so that they can pollinate away from my grow room. I'm planning on moving the Hydroponics system to the tent before the Male starts to pollinate. So I have 1 Male and 3 females. A branch on the Male is verigrated and also on 1 female. The Male is turning colors and 2 out of the 3 females are displaying colors 1 more darker than the other. The 3rd female that also has a verigrated branch to my surprise is Green. I'm searching forums to see if there was any accounts for any "Green Phenos" of Anvil and have yet to found any on the net. I know for sure these were Anvil seeds because these seeds I personally took to the next gen so im not too sure what to think, but to keep her around and label her as "The White Pheno" of Anvil

20230624_191534.jpg

20230624_191527.jpg

Getting a little paranoid that some Male pods would bust so I went ahead and taken this grow out of the grow room and into a closet. As much as I would have seen these plants flower under the supernova I just don't want to take the risk in contaminating everything in the Cabinet. The light that is in the tent is fully submersible under water so I don't have to worry about contamination for the grows to come, the tent is small and can fit in the shower.

InShot_20230626_033626435.jpg

Went today and picked up an AC unit but am not thrilled about drilling a 6 inch hole through a wall into another room to exhaust the AC and am contemplating places or rooms that I can run this through without damaging the home. My initial plan was to run the exhaust through the walls but I'm afraid that this method can lead to Mold with the condensation from the exhaust.

20230627_134112.jpg

So I finally made a decision where to vent the AC exhaust and everything seems to work well. I was having trouble on deciding what room to vent the exhaust out too, wether I should do it in the room closest or not but I was afraid that the hot air recirculating would go back into the grow room.

20230627_165141.jpg

Finished the grow, 3oz harvest. Sept 1st will make a month of cure. Tried some of the smoke and it the high was very mellow. You can smoke an Ounce of this stuff and not get high, but a feeling of "Steady Mellowness" hard to explain but it didn't really do much for me. Would I grow it again? Of course! The reason why it's a Regular Purple Autoflower, yes.. with Very Minimal effects but I do see it as a novelty something pretty that grows quickly. I definitely see potential here but as for the strain by itself..No! If you've never smoked weed before and this is your first time maybe Anvil might be the strain for you but as for me, I'd have to play around with the genetics and cross it out to even enjoy smoking this shit! 😁

20230819_203124.jpg

As for my next grow, it will start soon. I haven't had luck with germinating seeds because my heat mat and thermometer was not working correctly and lost over 40 seeds 😫. I have a few more Anvil seeds left and will be germinating the rest when I get the right equipment to do so along with some Photoperiod plants.

Since my heat mat went up I was thinking of alternatives to germination and came across an incubator. Hopefully all works out well and I'm able to start my next grow soon.

It seems to be as if the incubator is doing fine. It's set to 29c and the reading inside is 83.9f. This will be the last grow of the Anvil for awhile. So if I don't get any males this time so be it. These Anvils will be done in coco so that I can separate the Males from the Females. Along with the Anvils I'll be doing one Garlic Cookies seed that I got from some weed I bought at a dispensary. I'm head over heels excited about that one. The Garlic and Onion smell from that weed was so pungent you could still smell it in your nose after the weed was put away. The High was amazing First Hit your eyes got blurry, Head high and made you feel like you were smoking drugs. The high doesn't last to long but for these affects you have to give and take because it's hard to find weed nowadays that have a instant narcotics effect. The seed was an immature seed but It looks mature enough to germinate so I have high hopes for this one. If it indeed germinates I plan on keeping this plant aside as one of my mothers while taking clones from it and crossing it to the Males when I'm breeding. I don't plan to have many mothers because the seeds that i have will be be reproduced before they are crossed, and as for this one I only have 2 immature looking seeds that I feel safe to assume are Fem. I don't collect Feminized, nor want to grow them or breed with them and gave away all my Feminized seeds purchased such as gear from Csi and ExoticGenetix etc. So for me to keep these 2 seeds aside and germinate it before all else it's definitely something special. It kinda disappoints me a little because I don't think I have anything in my collection to breed her with that fits her profile to share with people a proper representation of what she truly is. Yea you can hunt, select and backcross but it's still not the same. And plus, I don't have time for that shit, I'm not a breeder. So because of that it makes me not even want to do it but to loose the genetics would be more of a loss then to keep them and not do anything with them. Whoever put that hybrid together definitely has my respect. I heard Red has some GMO packs and I know how much work he put into them so I might have to hit him up soon and see if I can find a male.

Incubator works quite well. All seeds germed. 1 more Anvil grow to go and then on to some Pakistani's. Have to do some cleaning but not much and will probably take less than 10 mins I'll have to get everything done before the Canelo/Charlo fight Saturday night.

Unfortunately Garlic Cookies didnt pop! All Anvils popped and are not potted. 3 of them in the smaller containers to the side are a gift and will be giving them away next month. The incubator worked fine in germinating the seeds so I will be using it again.

20231001_224808.jpg

I decided to germinate 4 fem Anvils that I'll be gifting to family when I see them. I guess I'm just doing it because I'm still kinda doubtful of this Incubator in a way. Yes it does work but those Amazon reviews man are horrible..lol

Back
Top Bottom