Bonsaiweed's Dwarf Low Flyer, Indoor Tent, Soil, LED, First Grow, 2018, Terminated

Yeah was a bit of a learning curve on the led light and distance I couldn't find any info for my brand and model so I started out way to close, but now it's backed off and I have a humidity mister in there and she's growing like a weed! LST trained her down last night can't wait to see her when I get home

If you get your journal going, you are free to drop its link in this thread.

Sounds (and looks) like you are off to a great start. :thumb:

Yeah was a bit of a learning curve on the led light and distance I couldn't find any info for my brand and model so I started out way to close, but now it's backed off and I have a humidity mister in there and she's growing like a weed! LST trained her down last night can't wait to see her when I get home

Bonsaiweed is right on point with his advise. You will find some fun people here who are willing to help all we can. I can't tell you how much I learn every day. Really helpful if you start a journal and put it into your signature. It will help drive members to your journal.

Also -- if you need anything ask? You will probably get more advice than your want... :goodluck:

You will probably get more advice than your want... :goodluck:

Over and over and over again until you figure out, you should listen. :oops:

Day 15 (from sprout)

You know how sometimes you do something and later think,"I hope that comes out ok."

When I saw the babies last night I wasn't happy. No, they are not dead......and shame on you for thinking that..... The humidity level in the tent yesterday was not a happy thing. It rose to 92% at some point. There was actually condensation between the floor pan and the wall. I can't let that happen. Mold and mildew are a constant battle here, and condensation will just promote bad things like that. It looks like I'll have to take my chances with low humidity. The babies had stretched some, that part I was quite happy about.

Ms. Big Seed got another treatment of Epsom Salt solution. This time though, I just put the remainder of the solution on, with a feeding included (about a qt (960ml?)). She got a foliar spray as well. Her color is coming back. Her small leaves' veins are dark green, which signifies the chlorophyll coming back into her leaves. Her big leaves have the yellow retreating back toward the center of the plant. She seems to be slowing starting to grow again.

Ms. Small seed looked very nice. I fed her about a quart of feed and sprayed her with a foliar spray. She was looking so good, I got up the courage to FIM her. Yep, I probably screwed it up, but it's in the past, and I can't change the fact now. I FIM'd just above the fourth node.

Funny, when I ordered this strain, I figured the plant would be a normal size, but wouldn't grow much. Nope, everything is smaller about this plant. It's like doing surgery on a flea.

I opened some passive vents just a little and turned the exhaust fan back on to a low level. The circulation fan is still on, the LED is on, and lowered back down to provide a decent light level (about 22 inches from plant tops). It will be raised again, once the plants start showing growth. I need to stretch the dwarf girls some to gain some height before the flowering cycle starts. They are very short, and I need some height to do LST. I figure Ms. Small Seed, isn't going to slow down much, so I may be moving the light tonight. We will see.

Other than humidity, Not much is going on. The humidity bottomed out here last night, so it's going to be tough on the girls for a day or so. But low humidity is better than high in my situation.

Now for the pictures:

hey how are your babies doing? I saw you transplanted them. keep it up

I update every day. They are doing ok, except one being slow from a sulfur deficiency.

I'm trying my hardest to kill them, but weeds can be hard to kill. ;)

Yeah 400/oz is pretty nuts, specially if that’s US $...street up here is like $180-260/oz....dispensary I went to was $10/g all the way up, so $280/oz CDN, so $215 US, almost half that price :eek:

The going rate here for decent weed is about $400 oz. It can get as low as $240, but the quality is questionable. It is definitely worthwhile to grow if you are careful and you know the risks.

My guy sells cheap Mexican Brick weed for $120/oz. his top shelf runs about $300-$400/oz.

@Bonsaiweed Considering that FIM came from someone making a mistake with topping, I think you’ll be fine either way. Even if it didn’t FIM the top, the clip will probably slow top growth enough for the bottom to get some attention.

As for starting LST, you can start as soon as there is enough of a plant to bend over. I use pins made out of covered electrical wire. I find that the manipulation with LST seems to encourage growth, not inhibit it. They have to actively use energy to reorient and will take off with new growth.

The LST that I’m doing is pretty much mainlineing, but without doing much trimming. I should have taken a pic of my Amnesia Auto, she’s exploding with growth now and her main stem is right at the “soil” line.

My guy sells cheap Mexican Brick weed for $120/oz. his top shelf runs about $300-$400/oz.

@Bonsaiweed Considering that FIM came from someone making a mistake with topping, I think you’ll be fine either way. Even if it didn’t FIM the top, the clip will probably slow top growth enough for the bottom to get some attention.

As for starting LST, you can start as soon as there is enough of a plant to bend over. I use pins made out of covered electrical wire. I find that the manipulation with LST seems to encourage growth, not inhibit it. They have to actively use energy to reorient and will take off with new growth.

The LST that I’m doing is pretty much mainlineing, but without doing much trimming. I should have taken a pic of my Amnesia Auto, she’s exploding with growth now and her main stem is right at the “soil” line.

Thanks Big Bear.

I may start tonight. she is quite wide for her height though. I may have to so some branch maneuvers to get those branches out of the dirt.

Yeah, with a FIM, if I missed, I didn't really do anything, but slow her growth some.

:thanks: for the encouragement.

400 an oz holy crap i'm glad i live in BC HAHA

I haven't bought any since I stated to grow but Top shelf here with all the taxes is running $350-380 and ounce. That's the main reason I started to grow. On the positive side my closest dispensary delivers to my door within about 20 minutes of making an order for the same price.

I update every day. They are doing ok, except one being slow from a sulfur deficiency.

I'm trying my hardest to kill them, but weeds can be hard to kill. ;)

LOL, My GF told me, with knowing nothing about growing plants. Leave the babies alone. They are young and getting strong. like kids let them be, just be patient. They will recover and have a long way to go. I might be wrong but all this foliar spray and cutting and humidity... just let them recover. you shouldn't be worrying about fertilizing it now... all they are doing is growing roots. THE FIM I believe was kind of soon. However its done. I say Don't feed them nutrients or expect them to grow fast now. this almost stops the growing for about a week and then they will concentrate on growing those colas out. BTW what soil are you using?

I’m going to get some nice smooth stones to use for the initial bend for future efforts. I think I’m the long run I may have problems by having the stem touch the growing medium. I’m not too concerned because I don’t use soil, but it’s an identified potential problem area.

Ms. Small seed looked very nice. I fed her about a quart of feed and sprayed her with a foliar spray. She was looking so good, I got up the courage to FIM her. Yep, I probably screwed it up, but it's in the past, and I can't change the fact now. I FIM'd just above the fourth node.

Don't worry you really cant F-Up a Fim - After all it means Fu@k I Missed - If it doesn't appear you did a good job when it grows a wee bit just top it below the Fim. I did that on Mrs G.

Love to hear of the prices around the world. The prices i was speaking of are dispensary prices. I haven't bought on the street for over 20 years. At my age I would have no idea where to go to buy street.

The good news is the top shelf stuff is pure bud with THC 20% - 27% With legalization came a lot of testing and labeling requirements - All weed has to be tested for insecticides and unwanted chemicals and has to be labeled with the THC and CBD percentages. They do have a tendency of throwing in a freeby or 2.

I'm glad that I'm growing my own meds.

LOL, My GF told me, with knowing nothing about growing plants. Leave the babies alone. They are young and getting strong. like kids let them be, just be patient. They will recover and have a long way to go. I might be wrong but all this foliar spray and cutting and humidity... just let them recover. you shouldn't be worrying about fertilizing it now... all they are doing is growing roots. THE FIM I believe was kind of soon. However its done. I say Don't feed them nutrients or expect them to grow fast now. this almost stops the growing for about a week and then they will concentrate on growing those colas out. BTW what soil are you using?

These are dwarfs and are at 15 days. I figured the 4th node, at day 15 was about optimum for a dwarf auto-flower that should be FIM's or topped before day 21. I wanted to do it early where she could recover for the flowering stage which has been known to start on day 21 in this strain. This strain has a trait of the new growth flattening out very quickly. It grows wide more than it grows up. The only reason Ms. Big seed is so tall, is due to her being planted less deep (Ms. Small seed is this tall too, just planted deeper, accidentally). They are almost like some kind of ground cover plant. These plants are known to only get 12 to 15 inches tall in total. It's rare for them to get to 24 inches, and that is with extreme stretching.

I'm feeding because this soil is totally organic (Nectar for the Gods). The peat cup had Scott's soil because I didn't have the NFTG soil yet. I'm also using the NFTG nutrients as well. It's not the same as other systems. I never say fertilizing with what I'm using. It's not a fertilizer exactly. Fertilizer is direct to the plant. This nutrient system is direct to the microbes. The microbes feed the plant.

I'm sure @GodOfPot will correct me if I'm wrong, in my understanding. He will also tell me to not FIM plants. He doesn't believe in the topping of any kind.

You may think Ms. Small seed was a kid, but she was starting her fifth node when I FIM'd her (by my understanding, that is the vegetative stage). That is where most people FIM. If I waited longer, I would have been close to day 21, and possibly above the fifth node for FIMing. It wouldn't have mattered about the node, but the timing would be real close to flowering if she starts flowering at day 21.

Thanks for your concern though. :thanks:

I may be screwing the pooch on my methods, but I feel as if I'm not totally torpedoing this ship.:)

Back
Top Bottom