Bonsaiweed's Dwarf Low Flyer, Indoor Tent, Soil, LED, First Grow, 2018, Terminated

I don't think I have the patience for growing...the journal is easy..... ;)

Grass-grower,

When you can snatch the nugget from my hand..... its time to puff! :Namaste:

Edit:
Sub'd for flower pics

Grass-grower,

When you can snatch the nugget from my hand..... its time to puff! :Namaste:

Edit:
Sub'd for flower pics
LOL...... what if they don't make it to the flowering stage? Time one has wasted..... Master......:Namaste:

Day 17 (From Sprout)

I have no idea how my days are corresponding to the date... I may have screwed up my numbering, but at this point.....not much I can do.

We have an interesting update today. I included a video. I thought @Amy Gardner and @TheMadDabber would want to see how well the LumaFusion software worked. Now I didn't do anything real fancy. I shot a video and edited it in about 5 minutes using my iPhone 5S. I didn't cheat and use my iPad. It's a cheesy video, but I liked doing it.

On to the show....

Not much to update about..... The girls are growing, but have some strange things going on.

Ms. Small Seed didn't even flinch about the FIM (or leaf trim). She just started growing internodal branches (I have no idea their real name, and I didn't want to call them crotch branches). The top I don't think is FIM'd. I'm not an expert on FIMing, so I have no idea what to expect. She definitely reacted to the event.

Ms. Big Seed isn't regaining any more color. I think another Epsom Salt treatment will be in her future. She is stretching a little. Her top literally looks like a crown. She is my little yellow princess though..... Also, check out the leaves that grew at her cotyledon leaves. I probably pronounced that wrong on video, so that will give some laughs. The sacrifices we make for a laugh..... (it's an E, not an I in that word).

I did see two small (very very small) gnats.......ugggh. I will order beneficial nematodes today. I tried to find them locally, but there are none to be found. I put up some sticky bug catchers on popsicle sticks. I had one that pulled out of a tube. It was in the tent but wasn't close enough to the plants for me. I just cut the ribbon up and put it on the popsicle sticks held on with paperclips. I couldn't find the stapler......go figure. Can't say as I have one. Can't believe that though.....

Sorry about the included blurple photos. I decided after making the video, it was too blurry. So I took some blurry blurple photos to go along with the blurry video.

Don't laugh too much at my southern drawl. I actually lost it for about 4 years while in Cali, but that was many moons ago, and it came back worse than it was before I left. You got to fit in you know....... or they suspect you are one of those yankees or a fur in or (say it fast, you will get it).

Now for the pictures:

View media item 1508766

Ms. Big seed got something going on, that clawing downwards is telling a tale of something...I just don’t know what it is lol

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if I have fungus gnats. I've seen two now. I didn't have them before the new soil. I'm getting nematodes, but it will be a few days before I can do anything.

I'll do a slurry test for pH, but like you, I'm using the same thing for both plants. Everything I've read points to copper, but if that is the case, it's most likely a pH problem.

I think you fimmed OK. The purpose of topping or fimming is to take the single top shoot off and create multiple new buds (branches). Generally when you top you just encourage the shoots below to get light and take over as the main shoots. Fimming often create more than 2 shoots. Ms Small Seeed looks like she is forming 4 shoots which is perfect.

I'm also seeing fungus gnats (not many but enough to concern me). My beneficial nematodes arrived yesterday. I mixed one packet in a gallon of water in a garden sprayer and used the sprayer to thoroughly saturate the soil in all my pots. It will take awhile for them to start munching on any fungus gnat larvae. I'm going to wait about a week and use the second pouch

Hey B sorry bout the girl tho i have had that a few times just took awhile for me to correct..... glad they were not auto... lol.... any way man thx on the popsicle stick thing man i have been battling small persistent number... thatll work.. also i started a Low Budget Grow thread for us broke ass es... little space etc etc.. if you dont mind i am gonna post that :ganjamon:

Hey B sorry bout the girl tho i have had that a few times just took awhile for me to correct..... glad they were not auto... lol.... any way man thx on the popsicle stick thing man i have been battling small persistent number... thatll work.. also i started a Low Budget Grow thread for us broke ass es... little space etc etc.. if you dont mind i am gonna post that :ganjamon:

All ideas are free to use to whoever needs it. That is why I'm here. :thumb:

I stole the idea from someone else here. I don't remember who, or I would give them credit.:confused:

I think you fimmed OK. The purpose of topping or fimming is to take the single top shoot off and create multiple new buds (branches). Generally when you top you just encourage the shoots below to get light and take over as the main shoots. Fimming often create more than 2 shoots. Ms Small Seeed looks like she is forming 4 shoots which is perfect.

I'm also seeing fungus gnats (not many but enough to concern me). My beneficial nematodes arrived yesterday. I mixed one packet in a gallon of water in a garden sprayer and used the sprayer to thoroughly saturate the soil in all my pots. It will take awhile for them to start munching on any fungus gnat larvae. I'm going to wait about a week and use the second pouch

I was expecting four shoots on the top. If you look there are going to be at least three shoots on the second node as well. I didn't expect that result.

I've got to dry out. I'm watering too heavily. I'm going to cut how much water I give them the next time.

Hi Bonsai - thanks for calling me over! And for sharing the video. I’m thinking about that app for sure :thumb:
I’m going to go back and catch up a little bit here ... :surf::popcorn:

It can be hard to use on a small screen but can be done. I didn't know what Dabber needed platform wise though.

Welcome to my kaos korner. We try to have fun over here. :D

Bonsai, since you can’t find nematodes, have you thought about using Bt? You should be able to find mosquito dunks that have it. It’s supposed to help with killing the larvae in particular.
No, but that would be a start. Wish would have heard that about an hour or so ago. I ordered nematodes. I know I had read that, but my memory is iffy now. It doesn't matter, I must let my plants dry out before doing anything.

But thanks for putting it in here, for future reference. (For me and everyone else) :thanks:

Fighting gnats is a losing battle :confused: those yellow sticky traps will catch a ton of them and neem oil sprayed after lights out can keep them under control. I always add the lights out part cause no one told me that and I burnt the crap out of my plants. Plants are looking good though and I hope your doing well also! :yummy:

Well, I don't care what the song says, baby beans DO grow!!!

I got my sprouts, so I'm calling today "day 1"

I was greeted last night with two baby sprouts. Both look pretty good, but the large seed's sprout was entangled with its seed casing. I decided that was my first chore. I removed the casing, carefully with a pair of tweezers. It wasn't really attached, but the sprout stalk had taken the shape of the seed casing half.

I decided the humidity was staying too high now that the sprouts were out of the soil. I opened the humidity dome vents to allow the dome to dry out some. I also removed the water jug and bowl to remove the water supply. (the jug dripped a little).

Now I just have to decide when to start using the large LED light. I'll wait until the dome is removed, which should be after we get true leaves (singles).

I checked the soil
Now it's just talking to them and making them feel safe. They don't realize yet, they were born into the S&M zone. We will start whipping and chaining soon, for these girlies are dwarfs, and will need to be trained early.

Not much more to report. I haven't killed them yet, so that is a good start.
Subbed in and stoked for this grow.
I can't wait for my tangerine dream to pop so I can start my S&M

Subbed in and stoked for this grow.
I can't wait for my tangerine dream to pop so I can start my S&M

I hereby say that your name here is now “Nugs”!

Don’t pay attention to anything you may have read about autos not being able to be topped or trained; that’s all old info. With autos it’s all about the timing, and you should be good.

I hope your doing well also! :yummy:

I'm not doing so well. I'm having a hard time finding my vocabulary (using the wrong terminology or just can't find the right word), but I think I may have found the problem. I usually take CoQ-10 and PQQ. I've been 7 days without it. I will return to taking it.

Back
Top Bottom