Bonsaiweed's Dwarf Low Flyer, Indoor Tent, Soil, LED, First Grow, 2018, Terminated

Day 18 (from sprout)

Things are about the same with reference to the girls..

Ms. Small Seed is really not wasting any time. Her top is coming back pretty quick. I am going to top her at some point (before day 21), I'm just trying to let the top grow out some. There isn't much room there, for her nodes are stacked really close. Training will also begin around the same time. I can't tell that she slowed down any (by the FIM procedure), which surprised me.

Ms. Big Seed (aka The Yellow Princess) has started growing again as well, albeit slowly. I'm sure she will speed up even more when I get a chance to treated her again with Epsom Salt. I'm anxious to do the treatment, but she is still pretty moist. Her color gets better with every day and her crown looks more like top growth now. I was going to do a slurry test, but my pH pen seemed out of calibration, and shouldn't be. I put it in storage solution to rehydrate, and I'll calibrate tonight, and possible do a slurry test if Ms. Big Seeds progress isn't still positive.

Temperature is getting a little high, but I don't see that as a problem. The humidity is having high peaks, but that must be due to turning the exhaust fan off with the LED. I changed that last night.

Now, the exhaust fan is on 24/7, the circulation fan is on 24/7, the LED is on 20 off 4. I did duct the exhaust to a window to try and reduce the temp. The window is just open, with the duct touching the screen. This will need to be boxed in at some point to force a positive flow outside.

I put some pictures of my gnat traps, just for people to see them. Not my design, I just stole the idea from another member here. I need to move them. When taking pictures I end up touching them, and it angers me (that is easy to do though). That sticky stuff is hard to get off your hands. It gets on everything.......... UUUHHHHGGGG!!!! :(

I'm having a gnat catching game as I sit in the floor, telling the girls how pretty they are, and reassuring the Yellow Princess, that I still love her no matter her color. I remind her it is ok to be different, and no one should be judged on their color. She reminds me, she is just a little jaundice and is getting better. :green_heart:

The gnats are not really multiplying at this point, from what I can tell, but nematodes will be introduced anyhow. It's a good preventative from having a massive gnat explosion. I only have two at this point, but those suckers are hard to catch.

I guess that is all I have for today.

Now for the pictures:

Plants look great man. Yellow princess looks a little rough. What happen? I had a problem with gnats the first closet grow I did and used those hanging fly traps. Pisses me off every time I leaned in to get a closer look, it never failed that they stuck to the long hair I had. Man that was a pain.

Newty - you have an advantage over the rest of us. You can train your husband with those beautiful chocolates I saw you your site. Hold one up and say ... good boy.

Ahahahaha if only that worked for me! He is currently “off weed” which is funny to me as he will come back! Lol He’s not a regular user at all;)
I agree 100%. I try to keep my cost down also but I do have a problem with Amazon - somehow new stuff keeps popping into my cart. :rofl:

Seriously - I was able to build an auto watering system for probably no more than $50.

:goodluck: on your grow and will be along for an enjoyable grow.
This happens to me too lol I get in trouble sometimes ha!

I’ll need to come find your journal because I’m thinking of and really need an auto watering set up

Its good to know other people on here are using roughly the same diameters as me, gives me an idea of what I can or can't do.
First! Love your name!! Lololol

Second, love your voice @Bonsaiweed so nice to get personal;)

I sure hope your dry spell has ended, that sucks!!! If you were closer I’d hook you up for suuuuure!

Those babies are bouncing back! I can’t remember where you got your soil but I hope the gnats weren’t a gift from that! Ack I had an infestation before so I hang and place traps everywhere now so paranoid. I Fn hate that sticky shit...catch them on everything! One day I had 2 on my sweater back and one in my hair and I didn’t know until a coworker, ya a COWORKER says what do you have on you there...lol
Good luck!
Have a super day!

Plants look great man. Yellow princess looks a little rough. What happen? I had a problem with gnats the first closet grow I did and used those hanging fly traps. Pisses me off every time I leaned in to get a closer look, it never failed that they stuck to the long hair I had. Man that was a pain.

I thought I had damaged her top, but she has a severe sulfur deficiency. I'm still treating her, but she is wet at the moment. She will get another treatment next watering.

Hi,

you are growing nice plants:D

keep in touch!!!

I try to visit a lot of journals. I hope you drop by time to time. I love the interaction here. Nothing is off limits unless it's graphic or more naughty than R rated. :thumb:

First! Love your name!! Lololol

Second, love your voice @Bonsaiweed so nice to get personal;)

I sure hope your dry spell has ended, that sucks!!! If you were closer I’d hook you up for suuuuure!

Those babies are bouncing back! I can’t remember where you got your soil but I hope the gnats weren’t a gift from that! Ack I had an infestation before so I hang and place traps everywhere now so paranoid. I Fn hate that sticky shit...catch them on everything! One day I had 2 on my sweater back and one in my hair and I didn’t know until a coworker, ya a COWORKER says what do you have on you there...lol
Good luck!
Have a super day!

No, the dry spell continues, but I'll deal with that. It is the way things are here. I've had a lot of people on here say the same thing, and I do appreciate it. :thanks:

The soil is Nectar of the Gods, and I hope what I have are not the typical fungus gnats. They are almost like a speck of dust, but still, they are a gnat. I'm proactive in preventing pests, so nematodes will be applied.

LOL, about the sticky traps......that would be embarrassing. I figure they are not a great fashion statement. A statement for sure, just not a good one. :laugh:

Ok last post!

I forgot to say that not only love your voice but #thataccentthough love! Lol

Yeah, the accent is hard to lose, when you are around people every day that say things in a certain way.
It's funny, my voice was always higher than I liked until I hit my 40's, and it dropped into a very low octave range. People I haven't seen for years react strangely to it. I have old military buddies that just can believe the vocal change. :hmmmm:

I hope your day is a great, and a relaxing one. :thumb:

I thought I had damaged her top, but she has a severe sulfur deficiency. I'm still treating her, but she is wet at the moment. She will get another treatment next watering.
Oh Okay it shouldn't really stunt the growth too much I hope since is happened early on and you caught it. I'm rooting for the underdog. #themoreyouknow.

Back
Top Bottom