Bonsaiweed's Dwarf Low Flyer, Indoor Tent, Soil, LED, First Grow, 2018, Terminated

I’m going to get some nice smooth stones to use for the initial bend for future efforts. I think I’m the long run I may have problems by having the stem touch the growing medium. I’m not too concerned because I don’t use soil, but it’s an identified potential problem area.

The stones idea is a good one.... :thumb:

Touching the soil can be a bad thing, but luckily my soil top dries out quickly.

I'll go looking for smooth river stones. Albeit small ones.

These are dwarfs and are at 15 days. I figured the 4th node, at day 15 was about optimum for a dwarf auto-flower that should be FIM's or topped before day 21. I wanted to do it early where she could recover for the flowering stage which has been known to start on day 21 in this strain. This strain has a trait of the new growth flattening out very quickly. It grows wide more than it grows up. The only reason Ms. Big seed is so tall, is due to her being planted less deep (Ms. Small seed is this tall too, just planted deeper, accidentally). They are almost like some kind of ground cover plant. These plants are known to only get 12 to 15 inches tall in total. It's rare for them to get to 24 inches, and that is with extreme stretching.

I'm feeding because this soil is totally organic (Nectar for the Gods). The peat cup had Scott's soil because I didn't have the NFTG soil yet. I'm also using the NFTG nutrients as well. It's not the same as other systems. I never say fertilizing with what I'm using. It's not a fertilizer exactly. Fertilizer is direct to the plant. This nutrient system is direct to the microbes. The microbes feed the plant.

I'm sure @GodOfPot will correct me if I'm wrong, in my understanding. He will also tell me to not FIM plants. He doesn't believe in the topping of any kind.

You may think Ms. Small seed was a kid, but she was starting her fifth node when I FIM'd her (by my understanding, that is the vegetative stage). That is where most people FIM. If I waited longer, I would have been close to day 21, and possibly above the fifth node for FIMing. It wouldn't have mattered about the node, but the timing would be real close to flowering if she starts flowering at day 21.

Thanks for your concern though. :thanks:

I may be screwing the pooch on my methods, but I feel as if I'm not totally torpedoing this ship.:)

OHhhh I see that makes sense. Im totally ignorant of this dwarf plants and soil medium, lol.

I would think 24 inches will be the average height of most plants with indica characteristics?. then I ask, is it worth practicing FIM when your plant will turn into flowering in less than 8 days? What is the point on FIMing them if they will only have one week to stretch out? 21 days really limits you to train the plant out. That's a hard strain you chose Bonsai. NO? Now Im attaching strings together. Now I see why you're taking care of them day by day. I would find so hard to get lots of buds out of it. I mean on my own preference. Oh well, then I apologize for thinking you were impatient. here:rollit:

hey this is very educating B.. i am just now starting some auto s never have grown them for my own grow tho i did grow them hydro for a wonderful company in CO.... i figure autos tho not cloneable, should fill in nicely till i really get the perpetual on my monthly harvest schedule... should be crazy self sustained by Jan 1st... enuf for candy butter infused oils etc...

Lastly, and believe me im not trying to educate anyone here but myself. you said that you are adding nutrients to microbes and microbes will feed the plant? that to me really doesn't make much sense. I thought the main point of organic soils was to provide enough nutrients in the soil mix so that you don't have to worry as much for feeding anything but phd water? Im going to do my own research this was enough to get me curious and learn more about you growing medium lol.

OHhhh I see that makes sense. Im totally ignorant of this dwarf plants and soil medium, lol.

I would think 24 inches will be the average height of most plants with indica characteristics?. then I ask, is it worth practicing FIM when your plant will turn into flowering in less than 8 days? What is the point on FIMing them if they will only have one week to stretch out? 21 days really limits you to train the plant out. That's a hard strain you chose Bonsai. NO? Now Im attaching strings together. Now I see why you're taking care of them day by day. I would find so hard to get lots of buds out of it. I mean on my own preference. Oh well, then I apologize for thinking you were impatient. here:rollit:

The training will probably go into week one or two of flowering. This strain has been known to give quite a bit of yield, for it being a dwarf, but you must train into flowering. No heavy cutting though after day 21.

I didn't realize what I had bit off until I started diving heavy into grow journals. This is claimed to be an easy strain, but I think it is only easy if you just let it grow. I want to learn more this round. I guess I have a mouth full and will either spit it out or figure out how to swallow it.

For the ones thinking of this strain. Not for your first grow. If you just want to leave it alone and have a regular plant. That is fine. If you want to do some training, NOPE!!! Get some other strain. This is my advice. These plants are very small.

But you are right, I am impatient...... but there are some time frames I must meet if I want to do that procedure.

My yellow princess will be LST only. She just isn't going to have the time to do anything else. If she is growing again tonight she may get some new green hold downs.

Lastly, and believe me im not trying to educate anyone here but myself. you said that you are adding nutrients to microbes and microbes will feed the plant? that to me really doesn't make much sense. I thought the main point of organic soils was to provide enough nutrients in the soil mix so that you don't have to worry as much for feeding anything but phd water? Im going to do my own research this was enough to get me curious and learn more about you growing medium lol.

That is true. This soil is good, but most have to supplement with something. I don't think this soil is good enough to carry robust plant all the way through to the end.

The worst thing I can be doing it wasting my nutrients, which I probably am. But I had them mixed up previously, and needed to use them. They would have been poured out anyway. I jumped the gun on the nutrient feeding when they were in the Scott's soil. I'm now out of nutrients mixed with water, so there will not be any more feeding until the plant shows signs of needing something.

Full steam ahead. Let's outrun those torpedo's. There is no right or wrong only poetic license to do what feels good.

I'm a believer in topping and LST. Just what I'm comfortable with and my plants seem to respond well for it. I guess I won't know until I chop and weigh in. Not all auto strains respond well to topping. I've checked around with the strains I have before I do the topping.

hey this is very educating B.. i am just now starting some auto s never have grown them for my own grow tho i did grow them hydro for a wonderful company in CO.... i figure autos tho not cloneable, should fill in nicely till i really get the perpetual on my monthly harvest schedule... should be crazy self sustained by Jan 1st... enuf for candy butter infused oils etc...
Just know, this is all new to me. I've just read about organic soil and didn't want to mix up my own. In doing it this way, you must be careful about everything you add to it. Some things kill microbes.

Autos make things easy, but perpetual is hard unless you make seeds. I plan to do that as well, just not sure if I'll make seeds from these plants. They are small.......

The finish will tell me if I want to keep growing these sometime in the future. I know my next grow will not be a dwarf strain.

Full steam ahead. Let's outrun those torpedo's. There is no right or wrong only poetic license to do what feels good.

I'm a believer in topping and LST. Just what I'm comfortable with and my plants seem to respond well for it. I guess I won't know until I chop and weigh in. Not all auto strains respond well to topping. I've checked around with the strains I have before I do the topping.

I'm here to learn, and if I learn what not to do, that is good too.

I've already found some growing information is not correct. I was following some other advice at the beginning. That stopped after a few people kept telling me the same thing.

From this point, it's mostly LST (if I find it is even possible), and pH'd water. Then you guys can tell me when the N deficiency arrives. (Or Calcium).

I’m not done catching up but I burst out laughing at these
Explain how much you are saving by growing your own instead of paying $400/Ounce. It helps justify the extra lights, nutrients or extra tent. Just ask her ---- -"Don't you want me to save you some money". Worked for me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I did that already, but she isn't seeing a return yet, so for her, it's empty promises. That only got me started, now I must come through. I know if I end up with some popcorn nugget for a finish, she will definitely laugh. Then she will state, that was an expensive little nug. :oops: :rofl:

I’m learning that we all seem to have this problem, I said the same thing to my boyfriend!! ...save money every month blah blah he’s not seeing it yet but I told him m he will...jump aboard the money train! Toot toot! I literally just got a lecture yesterday for buying my babies their expensive boosters aka #treatsforthegirls. He doesn’t seem to want the best for my girls like me;)

Carry on...

I’m not done catching up but I burst out laughing at these

I’m learning that we all seem to have this problem, I said the same thing to my boyfriend!! ...save money every month blah blah he’s not seeing it yet but I told him m he will...jump aboard the money train! Toot toot! I literally just got a lecture yesterday for buying my babies their expensive boosters aka #treatsforthegirls. He doesn’t seem to want the best for my girls like me;)

Carry on...

Newty - you have an advantage over the rest of us. You can train your husband with those beautiful chocolates I saw you your site. Hold one up and say ... good boy.

lmmfao on the training Troy , that being said i am doing the community thing and trading clone for clone (different of course) but at my last home i had a perpetual grow with same six strains using cloning which i am now the master lol pfft... lasted more than four years with really good stalk health...anyway i have a few seeds of some goody good gonna wait till i am outside with my main grow then start the heart of my new year long project of perpetual.... alot more fun with a few friends to show... and learn from... even tho i am not broke i am trying to do everything i can to be on a budget for this grow so that people who are starting know they dont have to have a lot of money to get going... too many high budget grows on here and a few of my "friends" are put off by the cost .... hope i am sayin it right...

Day 16 (from sprout)

Girls are looking fine.

Ms. Small Seed seemed to not mind me scalping her. I really think I missed the center part. It looks to have a leaf still growing. Can't really tell, I have a pocket microscope, but I've not been able to see what I am looking for. It will take some practice to find something specific. I'll keep trying.

Ms. Big Seed is having more color return, but she grew this weird leaf by one of her cotyledon leaves. I'll try to get a picture....it is strange. The leaf is masked behind the stalk in the picture. She seems to have no center growth really. Just a strange shape. Almost like she has topped herself. But her growth will be slow with all her issues.

Nothing was done really...... All fans are on. The exhaust fan is very low. Light is on. They don't seem to need anything. The humidity high dropped after the picture of the meter to 70% RH. That is still high, but much better than 92% RH.

It's a wet paint type of day on the journal... Boring.

Sorry, I'm not anecdotal today. Been a rough last couple of days without meds.

Now for the pictures:

I agree 100%. I try to keep my cost down also but I do have a problem with Amazon - somehow new stuff keeps popping into my cart. :rofl:

Seriously - I was able to build an auto watering system for probably no more than $50.

:goodluck: on your grow and will be along for an enjoyable grow.

I agree 100%. I try to keep my cost down also but I do have a problem with Amazon - somehow new stuff keeps popping into my cart. :rofl:

Seriously - I was able to build an auto watering system for probably no more than $50.

:goodluck: on your grow and will be along for an enjoyable grow.

I think I may be doing a quadrant grow if Ms. Big Seed survives. I think she is going to have four main branches, unless something changes from what I see now. I don't mind, that will be easier to train anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom