Bonsaiweed's Dwarf Low Flyer, Indoor Tent, Soil, LED, First Grow, 2018, Terminated

Day 14 (from sprout)

I made a decision yesterday and moved forward with it. I decided that Ms. Big Seed was not recovering fast enough from all of her issues. My reasoning was, if the roots are growing slow, the recovery is going to be very slow. The roots will be tied to the sulfur issue as well. The roots will not grow fast, because she is not putting out 100% from her leaves, from the chlorophyll issues. So, the catch 22 was happening. The roots can't reach out into the good soil to get the sulfur it needs because they were sheared off. So I did something. I added 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom Salt to a quart of distilled water, and give the yellow princess 4 oz (120ml) of the mixture. I administered this very close to the stem, where it would soak into the existing root ball. I can't say at this point it helped, but I don't think it will hurt. I didn't put more because the soil in her pot wasn't ready for a feeding.

Ms. Small Seed is growing like it's a race. Her node spacing is very close. I haven't FIM'd her yet, I'm going to try and wait a day or so, for her top growth to get a little bigger.

I raised the light in my tent as far up as I could get it. I would like these girls to stretch some. They are so small, any topping or training is going to be tough. I guess I need to look at some pictures to see if my plants are really that small, or is it a picture perspective issue. Remember, I'm in 3-gallon pots with the top edge rolled down. The pot is only 10 inches (25 cm) across.

I don't know if you can see it, but the foliar spray did something strange. The branches of the girls turned this pretty shade of purple.

I reset my Accurite Temp/Humidity meter, for I need to get some baseline highs and lows.

The current situation in the tent. The exhaust fan is still off. The circulation fan is on. The LED is on, and as high as possible. The timer is set to 20 hrs on/ 4 hrs off. I did lengthen the light hours by 2.

At this point, I'm even bored reading my journal. Like watching paint dry.......

The pictures follow:

Yeah, that was a lights out temp. Yes. The high 90%RH was in the dome but also got pretty high the other day, not sure why. I'll check it again tonight.

I'm hoping the weather will level out some, and I can get some kind of control on it. If I turn the exhaust fan on, the temps get too low for my liking. If I don't the humidity gets too high. I'm between a rock and a hard spot at this point with the weather.

Oh well.....I'll deal with it somehow, sort of committed at this point.

Hey Bonsai

Take the outlet from your extraction fan and return it back to your tent. It will help with RH (keeping it Up) and temp will increase.

You may have to split the flow to get it right. I still have a few things to build to make it what i want, but so far this helps.

Heres a couple of pics

Takes a bit of playing around, But i found it helps alot.

Keep it Frosty Bud.:cool:

All caught up:)

First off, love the names! Ha!

Secondly, Wow what a fun journal...I’m doing this instead of work so thanks;) Your hilarious and I was laughing a lot....coworkers are asking what’s so funny! Nun ya bizness;)

I’m sorry it took me so long to get here but I’m sure glad I made it. I will have an estimate of 1 000, 000, 000 questions about soil soon so stay tuned...
Sweet man lets get these little dwarfs to the gold!! Dwarfs love gold. Lol :) Love the idea of a grow book, i really need to get me one instead of just relying on my journal for old info. :high-five:
I do this also! I’m on my 3rd journal...my handwriting is quite large and I have written charts and diagrams! Lol I told my (adult) daughter that these will be my legacy and will be left in several Lock boxes at the bank (like the super safe ones in the vault)
View media item 1507221

Hey Bonsai

Take the outlet from your extraction fan and return it back to your tent. It will help with RH (keeping it Up) and temp will increase.

You may have to split the flow to get it right. I still have a few things to build to make it what i want, but so far this helps.

Heres a couple of pics

Takes a bit of playing around, But i found it helps alot.

Keep it Frosty Bud.:cool:

Hmmm....I will have to try that. Lowes will probably get a visit.

:thanks:

Found ya!! I’ll catch up, nice stuff so far man;)

Cool, glad you are along fo the ride. I promise it won't always be boring. Ok, I can't promise that, but Dwarf plants are pretty rare for a journal......so.....

:thumb:

All caught up:)

First off, love the names! Ha!

Secondly, Wow what a fun journal...I’m doing this instead of work so thanks;) Your hilarious and I was laughing a lot....coworkers are asking what’s so funny! Nun ya bizness;)

I’m sorry it took me so long to get here but I’m sure glad I made it. I will have an estimate of 1 000, 000, 000 questions about soil soon so stay tuned...

I do this also! I’m on my 3rd journal...my handwriting is quite large and I have written charts and diagrams! Lol I told my (adult) daughter that these will be my legacy and will be left in several Lock boxes at the bank (like the super safe ones in the vault)
View media item 1507221

Glad you like it so far. I try to be entertaining when I can. It helps with my anger issues. Plus, journals can get quite boring to read. I add a little spice, to help it along.

Ask whatever you like. The soil is a relatively new item from Oregon's Only. They make the NFTG line of nutrients. (which I'm using).

Love your journals.... :high-five:

I'll keep writing and praying I don't massacre these poor girls before their time, and you can laugh when possible. :laugh:

It's not all bonsai. It's only been like 3days since you transplanted them. Theyll need time to recover from the damaged rootsbefore she puts into growth again...

Have you got any rapid roofer root 66 or Evan some plant starter early life newts that may contain a rooting boost. Try some thing like that in the mix to get it kick started again..

Be stories when you look like this my poor girl... she's sat there struggling doin fuck all lol..

It's not all bonsai. It's only been like 3days since you transplanted them. Theyll need time to recover from the damaged rootsbefore she puts into growth again...

Have you got any rapid roofer root 66 or Evan some plant starter early life newts that may contain a rooting boost. Try some thing like that in the mix to get it kick started again..

Be stories when you look like this my poor girl... she's sat there struggling doin fuck all lol..

I have to say, they are hanging in there, and you still haven't killed them yet. So you are not out of the game. :thumb:

I have some rooting liquid that came with my nutrient sample package (root dip c). It can also be used as a foliar spray, and I've been using it as a foliar for the last two days. Trying to not add any more liquid to the soil at this point (they are wet right now). I will be using the spray on the soil above the root ball before they get fed.

After you transplant them give them a watering with malt barley flour, I grind up about 1.5 cups of grain into flour and add it into 5 gal of water

2 row organic malt barley, super cheap(3$/lb tops) also good to use in your soil mix....you can get it pre-milled or in a flour already, however you lose out on a lot of the enzymes, better to buy the grain yourself if you can and just grind it in a coffee grinder, that’s the best way to get the most enzymes possible :Namaste:

Good evening Bonsaiweed! I been reading your journal all day here at work and I am loving it! I too am on my very first grow and so far the hardest thing I find is to be patient. Lol. It's hard.
I am growing northern lights auto and as soon as I figure out how to add pics here I will post for you
Keep up the green thumb

Good evening Bonsaiweed! I been reading your journal all day here at work and I am loving it! I too am on my very first grow and so far the hardest thing I find is to be patient. Lol. It's hard.
I am growing northern lights auto and as soon as I figure out how to add pics here I will post for you
Keep up the green thumb

Their is a tutorial on posting pictures on the FAQ - helps make it a little easier.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Keep up the green thumb

For a phone follow the link. For a computer follow the link and scroll up.

420 Gallery Guide - How to Upload Photos

I guess Troy had answered your question before I got to this tab. I open all new posts in tabs then go through them. I'm a sucker for organization.

Glad you are enjoying my trials of killing cannabis plants. I've not succeeded yet, but I still have time. :thumb:

And welcome to the forum!!!!!

After you transplant them give them a watering with malt barley flour, I grind up about 1.5 cups of grain into flour and add it into 5 gal of water

2 row organic malt barley, super cheap(3$/lb tops) also good to use in your soil mix....you can get it pre-milled or in a flour already, however you lose out on a lot of the enzymes, better to buy the grain yourself if you can and just grind it in a coffee grinder, that’s the best way to get the most enzymes possible :Namaste:

I'll get some for the next round. The spouse is starting to give me the "look" when I mention getting anything else. I got the "look" when I told her I was buying the RO Buddie....... :rolleyes:

I did explain that she could use it for her tomatoes this year, and I have purchased some good soil for her to use.(I hope it's good, it wasn't cheap). I'm also going to share my nutrients.

But I really appreciate the barley tip. :thanks:

I'll get some for the next round. The spouse is starting to give me the "look" when I mention getting anything else. I got the "look" when I told her I was buying the RO Buddie....... :rolleyes:

I did explain that she could use it for her tomatoes this year, and I have purchased some good soil for her to use.(I hope it's good, it wasn't cheap). I'm also going to share my nutrients.

But I really appreciate the barley tip. :thanks:

Explain how much you are saving by growing your own instead of paying $400/Ounce. It helps justify the extra lights, nutrients or extra tent. Just ask her ---- -"Don't you want me to save you some money". Worked for me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Explain how much you are saving by growing your own instead of paying $400/Ounce. It helps justify the extra lights, nutrients or extra tent. Just ask her ---- -"Don't you want me to save you some money". Worked for me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did that already, but she isn't seeing a return yet, so for her, it's empty promises. That only got me started, now I must come through. I know if I end up with some popcorn nugget for a finish, she will definitely laugh. Then she will state, that was an expensive little nug. :oops: :rofl:

Okay guys I think I figured out this photo thing! I need to start a grow journal. Let me know what you think

Oh for sure. The best way to get to know people here is to read what they say, and how they interact with you on your journal. It makes you better known, and more approachable. They understand you are for real, and not someone who is just playing. :thumb:

We all come to participate and belong. Then you have a reference point for the future. You can go back and say,"wow, I've come a long way." (Well unless you haven't).

That is what the forum is about.

As for your plant(s), the top picture looks a little light stressed (turned up leaf edges). Looking good otherwise. :high-five:

Oh for sure. The best way to get to know people here is to read what they say, and how they interact with you on your journal. It makes you better known, and more approachable. They understand you are for real, and not someone who is just playing. :thumb:

We all come to participate and belong. Then you have a reference point for the future. You can go back and say,"wow, I've come a long way." (Well unless you haven't).

That is what the forum is about.

As for your plant(s), the top picture looks a little light stressed (turned up leaf edges). Looking good otherwise. :high-five:
Yeah was a bit of a learning curve on the led light and distance I couldn't find any info for my brand and model so I started out way to close, but now it's backed off and I have a humidity mister in there and she's growing like a weed! LST trained her down last night can't wait to see her when I get home

Back
Top Bottom