Boomer444's New and Improved Indoor Grow

Re: Hozona's New and Improved Indoor Grow

root plugs i get are a bit on the coarse /airy side when i pull them up out of the tray sometimes i end up tearing off a piece ,this latest batch are a lighter brown but fit the sunleaves description best i read somewhere that they have mykos or something and a bit of nutrient in them im not for sure but clones launch faster and i did side by side seeds in rockwool,papertowel ,root plugs,jiffy pellet and the root plugs had seeds up first for all second was paper towels transfered into coco, then rockwool jiffys last, in my test i did the ones started in root plugs had seedlings with 2 pairs of leaves before some of the others even broke the surface! i have tested twice with cannabis and basil root plugs are clearly superior to any other method i tried

UPDATE
Decided the MMMF has been taking up the space in my new tent for enough time. I want to get my experiment with BPN off to a good start so today the tent went dark...48 hours from now I will be trimming...I hope to get between 1 to 1 1/2 oz dry weight when done...we shall see....I think these nugs are pretty dense (like you can pound nails with them):cheesygrinsmiley: I started this plant with GH nutes, finished with BPN, so the new grow will use BPN exclusively. The plants in the vegger/clone area are on BPN and the most mature will be going into the tent and the new Aero bloom set-up. The second set will follow when they reach the height I am looking for. This should be an interesting adventure so come on in and pull up a chair. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME...Brothers and Sisters:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

UPDATE
Decided the MMMF has been taking up the space in my new tent for enough time. I want to get my experiment with BPN off to a good start so today the tent went dark...48 hours from now I will be trimming...I hope to get between 1 to 1 1/2 oz dry weight when done...we shall see....I think these nugs are pretty dense (like you can pound nails with them):cheesygrinsmiley: I started this plant with GH nutes, finished with BPN, so the new grow will use BPN exclusively. The plants in the vegger/clone area are on BPN and the most mature will be going into the tent and the new Aero bloom set-up. The second set will follow when they reach the height I am looking for. This should be an interesting adventure so come on in and pull up a chair. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME...Brothers and Sisters:cheesygrinsmiley:

Exciting!
I'll be watching and comparing with the only BPN.
I've been using GH for my third grow now, with good results.
But like you I wanted to switch to BPN, just didn't get around to ordering.
Please try to let me know if you see any really noticeable differences from the 100% switch?

Exciting!
I'll be watching and comparing with the only BPN.
I've been using GH for my third grow now, with good results.
But like you I wanted to switch to BPN, just didn't get around to ordering.
Please try to let me know if you see any really noticeable differences from the 100% switch?
I will document as good as possible so that we can tell...only 1 MMMF in the first wave, and lots of variety, so I will compare photos for you all of the MMMF so that we can compare...but since they are all revegged I will wait until the vegetative cycles look the same, then I will start documenting on this link:cheesygrinsmiley:
BTW added a new variety to the second wave, added a Big Bud rooted clone.

DIY > Store Bought

I think this is why I like growers so much.. they never take anything for face value.
Was at the hydro store today putting a lot of ideas into that DIY section of my brain while picking up some rooting plugs, calibration liquids, a 24 hour timer, and a lot of ideas for some time down the road:cheesygrinsmiley:

yup your gonna love those plugs, try this when you take clones try a couple with no gel or powders, just prep the clone as usual, and into the plug, if it wants to flop around to much for your liking tear off a bit of the plug and stuff it in the hole to secure the stem, if it goes for you like it did me last round,the gel-less root faster ! i tried 3 with no gel and damned if those were not the first 3 to show roots by 3-4 days if i remember right, big bud is fun,especially if you let some go un topped single cola style you can get nfl football sized colas with a good version of big bud, first time i held a nug that big i was in pure awe, not my grow a buddy further up the mtn. took 2 weeks for it to dry!

yup your gonna love those plugs, try this when you take clones try a couple with no gel or powders, just prep the clone as usual, and into the plug, if it wants to flop around to much for your liking tear off a bit of the plug and stuff it in the hole to secure the stem, if it goes for you like it did me last round,the gel-less root faster ! i tried 3 with no gel and damned if those were not the first 3 to show roots by 3-4 days if i remember right, big bud is fun,especially if you let some go un topped single cola style you can get nfl football sized colas with a good version of big bud, first time i held a nug that big i was in pure awe, not my grow a buddy further up the mtn. took 2 weeks for it to dry!

Gotta love those huge nuggets or should I call them boulders, lol. Learned my lesson on drying ones the size of a 24oz beer can, give them more time, mine had small spots of mold when looked at with a 30 x 25mm led loupe. Live and learn. Love all the DIY makes me want to go buy PVC pipe for no apparent reason. Peace OG.

Gotta love those huge nuggets or should I call them boulders, lol. Learned my lesson on drying ones the size of a 24oz beer can, give them more time, mine had small spots of mold when looked at with a 30 x 25mm led loupe. Live and learn. Love all the DIY makes me want to go buy PVC pipe for no apparent reason. Peace OG.
Yeah I actually was thinking about a pretty simple mod to mine before I put the plants in on Sunday...modifying my design of the scog...Home depot :love: me:cheesygrinsmiley:

I have the PVC pipe and glue with all the corners so I was really thinking of putting a SCROG up for this grow we will see but all I have seen looks fantastic with the screen system. Look forward to seeing more of your great ideas there Hoz . Peace OG

Back
Top Bottom