Brand new Britbong pert grower

The flip has switched on Grow 1 (3 amnesia n an ak) which meant my space issues have come home to roost as i knew they would.

Decided to set lights at 12:12 for 7am, this lets me keep the three tent sharers out for the summer evenings, gathering up a little more sunlight when grow one sleeps.

In order to ceremonialise the event i managed to get a few grams of Amnesia to use as a benchmark for my 'future crop', not perhaps in my favourites list but very nice none the less. So a little more prepared and looking forward to comparing my own to the local Amnesia strain.:yummy:

So while lights out for bloomers, the three of 7 unknown strains are still vegging for a couple more weeks: giving me time to sort a little more LST and general maintenance.

:idea::nerd-with-glasses::idea:Incidentally on the unknowns, if there is ANY way of telling strain from images, please let me know. Am thinking of cloning the 7 in case I get a hidden gem: been 2 - 3 years since i smoked their momma's i have no idea what they are....??!!??

Here are the three getting treatment tonight. Sorry about the seagulls, its that noisy time of the year for anyone living by the ocean.

Although I say maintenance, they are in pretty good condition if on the slightly shorter side (which I put down to my own slightly stunted start! ) Which helps with the LST so not complaining - these girls can take their sweet time.

(It was about here I kinda wrote the evening off ( sorry @farside05 thats why...:thumb: )

Update to grow 2 later.
For now have a great day folks
W

Very short update.
All plants are ticking away nicely with Grow 1 dominating the tent space as they get into bloom mode.
20190628_131353.jpg

The Grow 2 girls have been vegging between my cupboard space and...
20190703_182352.jpg

... the rest sharing the tent before lights out. Then being unceremoniously dumped out of tent to bask in a few more hours of sunshine to ensure continual vegging.
20190703_184728.jpg

So have been using this move to the outside to keep up the lst on them all making sure they dont get too unruly.
Frida getting spread out.
20190630_171627.jpg

Rosa working showing her 'off the branch' accessories.
20190703_184811.jpg

While Grow 3 (see my journal here) have been transplaned to new pots in the last few days.
20190629_095415.jpg

Once all the general tidying andmaintenance has been done they'll
sit facing the sun for a further four hours or so.
20190703_185247.jpg

Have taken delivery of some new fabric 10 g pots for the seeds to move nto when they are ready and while planning their move (about a week to 10 days away) im considering using more coco intheir soil mix with the addition of dry amended nutrients.

On a side note i've decided that the 3 youngest girls are gonna get mainlined too. From a yield perspective, it makes its case for sure but love the idea that the 'heavy lifting' regarding their care is a whole lot earlier and simpler.
After all who hasn't looked at those clean long colas with thick dense buds and envied them...?!
Buts thats all for now folks.
Cheers
W

Nice work, welcome to the forum.

Cheers fella, good to be in amongst this wealth of knowledge and largely welcoming community with some great insights.

Its opened up a lots of possibillities for me, an example being am looking strongly at @Barney86 's 70% coco method for my seedlings in their final pots and supportd by a simple feeding regime that reduces expensive waste. This is just good sense to me.
Especially given they are going into 10g spaces, I already decided i'm gonna put them through the mainlining training, think coupled with my own hands on approach - feeding every day, letting the plant become an advisor to its own needs amongst other benifits just provides me with the right level of interaction for my grow.
And If the plants are dong what they need to do, then I got me some monsters brewing...
Looking forward though looks like I need to order some calmag+ first for the toolkit. ;)

Small update, all going well on the tent with Grow 1 - pics are 8 days into 12/12 after a defoilation excercise. All buds are exposed with plenty air circulating.
20190704_123317.jpg

20190704_123301.jpg

Got in there this morning with the light meter, this shows me the tops are getting around 25000 lux so dropped the lights a little and now hitting about 30k which is equivalent to a 'sunny day' (not the best equivalent but its working great!)
Lights are about 18 inches away from tops now and the range rises to about 60k at 12 inches (so will keep raising about 5-10 k weekly till about 60k ish as i dont wanna burn tops)
Blurple incoming....

20190705_083743.jpg

Cheers
W

It's a full house in there! Looking great man :bravo::morenutes:

Update time...

Right, so a busy week in my grow space.
Environment control been tricky this last week, some heat has been playing havoc with humidity but keeping as level as poss.
Temps sitting at 22-25ºc and humidity is creeping up but managing an even 65%

Here are the four from Grow 1
20190717_185719.jpg

20190717_185753.jpg

They were flipped to flower a few weeks now, bud sites all over the place and I've dropped the lights so they are getting approx 35k lumens at the canopy top.

Have increased nutrients for feed, from using just bloom feed (biobiz) i'm also topping off with a big slug of PK booster a smidge of calmag+ (once a week) and i managed to get some Topmax which is supposed to diddle with the nugs a little
More, bigger, sweeter..... !
We shall see.

Grow 2 has been a little troublesome since i started them - accidentally/on purpose cracking 20+ odd seeds of unknown origins (beyond years sat in a bag at the back of my book case) kinda started a clock I really wasnt prepared for.

Newbies, eh - Wankers...!

So apart from the overcrowding that has meant juggling plants at 6.30 every night keeping Grow 2 plants in veg, and the increasing overcrowding as these 'unruly teen' grow.

Started preparing them for being flipped; looks like three are ready but four are not, so a little more juggling needed for a little longer yet.

Prep for the three involve transplanting into bigger 10 g fabric pots and resetting where they are growing, so heavy lst required.

Rosa getting maintenance in her new home:
20190717_192010.jpg

Before
20190717_190909.jpg

After
20190717_192006.jpg

And the other two will have to wait a day for their treatment as I'm out of Pearlite until its delivered later on today.

Tally so far:
Grow 1 - 3 Amnesias & 1 ak47 due in four weeks ish.
Grow 2 - 2 to transplant so 3 can flip @weekend.
- 4 to be left extending their Veg time a week or so.
Grow 3 - 3 x month-old seedlings have been up potted and gone through top cuts for mainline process (all available from the journal link in my signature).
Sample pic
20190717_134957.jpg

Oh and the amnesia clone I tried as an experiment:
20190717_075720.jpg

Doubled in size... what a thing and what wonderful experience this, my first grow, is giving me.

Really am loving the pace they are setting me.

Now we wait for the pearlite.

Cheers for stopping by
W

Looking really good in the garden @WankirA, you’re doing great! :high-five::passitleft:

Thanks all.
Will update later as a few changes still on going.
Not least new flips, early training and leaf issues.

Hey folks, ok some changes to set up to start.
My 4*4 was not really getting the coverage i felt Grow 1 needed with just the 2 leds in there.

They were doing a passable job of course, but with the overcrowding i had and the sheer number of plants I was juggling I decided to take a step back and see what I could do..

So my initial space (cupboard) had one of the leds on 18/6 with two more units being in the tent on flower (12/) so I ordered some little T8 tubes running 100w (supposedly) full spectrum lights from ebay (service sucks btw!) to make the light for cupboard more appropriate to the seedlings
20190801_115013.jpg

Given the lights a few days now to make sure that they were enough and plants appear to love them so jobs a good'un.

This freed up a third led which is now hanging in the tent.
Blurple incoming
20190801_115155.jpg

So while I'm a couple weeks (approx

20190801_115302.jpg

) from chopping Grow 1 I've also flipped 4 of the unknowns.

There are now 8 plants squished together in the 4x4 on flower.
Think I may have been a smidge previous flipping them now but im happy with my decision.

Moving them every night so tent could shut down for its /12 h of sleep was a pain.

They all show some good growth (of the 7 unknowns these 4 have grown the most) and if i'm judging their size correctly they will be slightly larger than Grow1 were when i flipped them.
Right half
20190801_115237.jpg

Left half
20190801_115232.jpg
Making their scheduled stretch to be right where I want them in terms of size.

Additionally I started playing about with pots with Grow 2, so I have 2 in 5g pots, 1 in 3g and 1 in 10g fab pot.
All started, vegged and flipped at same time so want to see how results map back to pots size.

Grow 3 has seen some troubles, my intention was to pot into 1g starter pots of coco70/pearlite30 and mainline them.
20190721_191732.jpg

Well i got the first part right, even managed to get the KS, GB & BBXXL to 5th node of growth and begin the training....

But then the Fungus gnats decended...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
:hmmmm:

Apart from juggling the whole space issue thing, these fungus gnats are a complete and totals shower of bastards causing so much frustration.

Anyhow, its almost clear now but in the ensuing war on the marijuana terrorists my GB and KS were both wounded in battle with one side of the forming manifold damaged badly enough to kill the stem leaving two cack eyed lopsided girls.

20190801_115042.jpg

20190801_115030.jpg

Will continue with the BBXXL and will simple train the wounded girls to produce what they can. But thinking fim each and hope for 4 cola off the side on each will provide what im looking for.

What else, ok so have done a lot more indepth reading and research into nutrients in general but with a majority focus on replacing store bought with home made. A few members around here have been super helpful while researching diy nutes, cureatives, foliar sprays, Gibberellic Acid & methyl jasmonite, using milk etc etc list goes on and on and on....

The clone out on the window sill daily is super bushy, and since i havn't done ANY lst on it, its looking very Christmasy.
Am debating a soda bottle sog with her: have about 20 good clones on her but will see how her mother smokes first in a week or two.

Considering a new tent also, noticed amaz dont sell them but eby has tents that have a germination and (smallish) veg space on the side of a 90*90 flower space. It would make a lot of sense for me to incorperate that space to my own for multiple reasons. Although i'll need a few new lights, the t8's appear great for germ, a 300w blurple will do the vegging, but thinking qb for 90x90 space...
More homework...

Cheers for now
W

Oh, additionally i dropped some more seeds (duplicate of last round - a KS, GB n a BigBud XXL) but with tge last battle with fungus gnats finished off the kripple shock. So still have two beans which are now about 2 inches tall.
So mixed feelings, obvs, i lost a bean (Krippleshock) which i have yet to taste, though I do have one about 5 weeks into veg) so because of the lost bean, this leaves a quarter of my tent free for the possible 12 cola bottle SOG Or new seed?
Decisions, decisions.....

W

Haha, exciting... Yes.
It has been a ride so far. But enjoying it over all immensly.
But those fking little dickbag Gnats
Little fkng fkers have gotten me so frustrated when their nbrs were peaking.
I started with a heavy dose of epsom in the topsoil, apparently they are less likely to stay, although i didnt put too much stock in it, i know it didnt hurt my plants so reason enough to do it..
Also stopped watering and covered up the soil so they couldn't get in or out.
Five days without water has minimised their numbers and plants have been good (alao reminded me i DONT have to go ott with the water too!)
Added flypaper strips (no yellow cards but does same job) which has been clearing them out by the dozen too.
Have seen one today from both spaces so its more or less under control, but shit they eat the plants when there is enough of them...

Next treatment was gonna be milk, which takes a week or so to do its job, but looks like its not necessarily required otger than a preventative now, all girls are gonna survive, with only a couple notable injuries.

Uk weather is creating swarms of all sorts of insects so temp n humidity control is moving up my list to get sorted properly.
Problem with starting a grow on a tight budget, been chasing myself with 'needs' since grow started..
Harvest is round the corner though and looking like yields are about where i wanted to be, so my 'wants' will start to creep up my list soon enough.
:thumb:

Haha, exciting... Yes.
It has been a ride so far. But enjoying it over all immensly.
But those fking little dickbag Gnats
Little fkng fkers have gotten me so frustrated when their nbrs were peaking.
I started with a heavy dose of epsom in the topsoil, apparently they are less likely to stay, although i didnt put too much stock in it, i know it didnt hurt my plants so reason enough to do it..
Also stopped watering and covered up the soil so they couldn't get in or out.
Five days without water has minimised their numbers and plants have been good (alao reminded me i DONT have to go ott with the water too!)
Added flypaper strips (no yellow cards but does same job) which has been clearing them out by the dozen too.
Have seen one today from both spaces so its more or less under control, but shit they eat the plants when there is enough of them...

Next treatment was gonna be milk, which takes a week or so to do its job, but looks like its not necessarily required otger than a preventative now, all girls are gonna survive, with only a couple notable injuries.

Uk weather is creating swarms of all sorts of insects so temp n humidity control is moving up my list to get sorted properly.
Problem with starting a grow on a tight budget, been chasing myself with 'needs' since grow started..
Harvest is round the corner though and looking like yields are about where i wanted to be, so my 'wants' will start to creep up my list soon enough.
:thumb:
Sounds like you have them down to a small roar. That's good. I started using Safers Garden Dust 2 grows ago. Along with a fan at soil level. It's a bacteria that kills the gnat maggots before they mature. It takes about 2 weeks to inoculate the soil and notice them diminish but it does work and doesn't ruin the micro life in your soil. I haven't been able to completely rid the tent but I'm dusting every 3 weeks now and only a few survive. You'll flower out before you have to do anything else I think.

Sounds like you have them down to a small roar. That's good. I started using Safers Garden Dust 2 grows ago. Along with a fan at soil level. It's a bacteria that kills the gnat maggots before they mature. It takes about 2 weeks to inoculate the soil and notice them diminish but it does work and doesn't ruin the micro life in your soil. I haven't been able to completely rid the tent but I'm dusting every 3 weeks now and only a few survive. You'll flower out before you have to do anything else I think.

Hey Stone, yeah for sure. Im normally a level headed sort, but the humid heat has played havoc with local insects generally, add to that a council which leaves rubbish collections a week later than it should and a cat in the place to boot, friggin everywhere they are so been a trying time.

Pretty keen on finding a longer term solution to pests and its gotta be a natural solution. Desperate to keep my bud free of big pharma 100%

Do like the idea of regular treatments of milk which makes all invaders sick and die or move on. But need to research the whys n werefores first. Not to mention thats gotta stink..?!
Looked over the Safers along with a few others (its in a shopping list on amz) but only so much research time .:nomo:

Have a upright fan with decent extraction as the leds dont kick out too much heat but humidity is still a touch on the high side running 65 ish, think i need to open vents through night but worried about startling the plants.

So far all challenges have been accepted and overcome.
Long may the challenges continue.

Congratulation on the title there too fella, well deserved.
Members follow examples set to them and your good self as well as a few notable others here at 420 really made the transition to this life so much easier. Im not here to treat the place like a 'live wiki' but for those that need it, help is never far away.
So thanks for that:thanks:

W:thumb:

Hey Stone, yeah for sure. Im normally a level headed sort, but the humid heat has played havoc with local insects generally, add to that a council which leaves rubbish collections a week later than it should and a cat in the place to boot, friggin everywhere they are so been a trying time.

Pretty keen on finding a longer term solution to pests and its gotta be a natural solution. Desperate to keep my bud free of big pharma 100%

Do like the idea of regular treatments of milk which makes all invaders sick and die or move on. But need to research the whys n werefores first. Not to mention thats gotta stink..?!
Looked over the Safers along with a few others (its in a shopping list on amz) but only so much research time .:nomo:

Have a upright fan with decent extraction as the leds dont kick out too much heat but humidity is still a touch on the high side running 65 ish, think i need to open vents through night but worried about startling the plants.

So far all challenges have been accepted and overcome.
Long may the challenges continue.

Congratulation on the title there too fella, well deserved.
Members follow examples set to them and your good self as well as a few notable others here at 420 really made the transition to this life so much easier. Im not here to treat the place like a 'live wiki' but for those that need it, help is never far away.
So thanks for that:thanks:

W:thumb:
I agree to keep our soil clean organic. The safers idea came from the guy who wrote the book I got my soil recipe from. He's as green as it gets.

Fyi
Forgot to add the clone pic...
So just to fresh a before n after shot of my first clone.
June 29th
20190629_095459.jpg

August 2nd (30 odd days!)
20190802_113916.jpg

As I say up there, assuming her mother's taste and yield are on par with my assumptions, am gonna do a REALLY cheap ass SOG with her.

14 * two litre bottles with holes in bottom dimples on the bottom, tops cut off at the arc and taped up to stop sunlight hitting the roots all held upright in a large drip tray taking the space of my dearly departed (2nd) Krippleshock

Looking forward to it but gotta get Grow 1 finished first.
Tata for now.
W

And this is for when @John Wick gets here....
;):thumb:
IMG-20190801-WA0000.jpg

Update time...

Right, so a busy week in my grow space.
Environment control been tricky this last week, some heat has been playing havoc with humidity but keeping as level as poss.
Temps sitting at 22-25ºc and humidity is creeping up but managing an even 65%

Here are the four from Grow 1
20190717_185719.jpg

20190717_185753.jpg

They were flipped to flower a few weeks now, bud sites all over the place and I've dropped the lights so they are getting approx 35k lumens at the canopy top.

Have increased nutrients for feed, from using just bloom feed (biobiz) i'm also topping off with a big slug of PK booster a smidge of calmag+ (once a week) and i managed to get some Topmax which is supposed to diddle with the nugs a little
More, bigger, sweeter..... !
We shall see.

Grow 2 has been a little troublesome since i started them - accidentally/on purpose cracking 20+ odd seeds of unknown origins (beyond years sat in a bag at the back of my book case) kinda started a clock I really wasnt prepared for.

Newbies, eh - Wankers...!

So apart from the overcrowding that has meant juggling plants at 6.30 every night keeping Grow 2 plants in veg, and the increasing overcrowding as these 'unruly teen' grow.

Started preparing them for being flipped; looks like three are ready but four are not, so a little more juggling needed for a little longer yet.

Prep for the three involve transplanting into bigger 10 g fabric pots and resetting where they are growing, so heavy lst required.

Rosa getting maintenance in her new home:
20190717_192010.jpg

Before
20190717_190909.jpg

After
20190717_192006.jpg

And the other two will have to wait a day for their treatment as I'm out of Pearlite until its delivered later on today.

Tally so far:
Grow 1 - 3 Amnesias & 1 ak47 due in four weeks ish.
Grow 2 - 2 to transplant so 3 can flip @weekend.
- 4 to be left extending their Veg time a week or so.
Grow 3 - 3 x month-old seedlings have been up potted and gone through top cuts for mainline process (all available from the journal link in my signature).
Sample pic
20190717_134957.jpg

Oh and the amnesia clone I tried as an experiment:
20190717_075720.jpg

Doubled in size... what a thing and what wonderful experience this, my first grow, is giving me.

Really am loving the pace they are setting me.

Now we wait for the pearlite.

Cheers for stopping by
W

Always late, but but I'm here now. You doing great!

Back
Top Bottom