Brand new Britbong pert grower

WankirA

Hello all.
Recently decided to start a perpetual grow using some spare space I have.

If you have any advice, am completly open so please, let me have it.

Just stopping by to say this place seams very friendly and am looking forward to speaking with the gals n guys here.

So, a South Devon brit here, got the 'nug bug' some years ago when i worked in Holland for a couple years.

And recently decided it was time i took charge in lieu of the rubbish that is currently available.

Have converted some cupboard space using a 600w (320 true) LED for vegging which currently has 5 unknown strains vegging from some old seeds knocking about.

And a PG 120 tent for bloom...
Currently have 3 Amnesia, 1 ak47, 1 unknown.

And have added 3 new seeds, namely: BigBud xxl, a Krippleshock & (my personal fav!) Godberry

With the next set of seeds on order, this will allow the pert grow im after.

Have topped all seniors once (and only once cause im still learning!) and used a little LST but, am new to this so any help or comments would be most helpful.

Btw cant help but comment on how welcoming the members of 420mag appear to be, a welcome breath of fresh air..
Thanks for your time.

:welcome: You look like you're off to a great start. You have some fun strains as well.
It's good that you know true watts. It shows that you've been paying attention. Just keep on reading and do what you're doing. Looks great for your first time.

Take lots of pics, they grow up so fast...Lol.

Hey @WankirA! Welcome to 420mag :ganjamon:
Sweet setup and good looking plants! You gonna get a grow journal going for your perpetual so we can follow along?
How to Make a Grow Journal
See ya around! :Namaste:

OH, forgot to mention. If you post photos of your plants, it is best to do under normal lighting this way you don't have to listen to :love:certain members:love:( you know who you are) complain about blurple lighting. Lol. We can also see your plants better.

Thanks for your comments, and buoyed by the positive feedback.
Great that there are a few UK folks here too, sympathies align in similar climate and "ahem" regime...
:high-five:
My only real concern so far is (and I may have to switch titles of amnesia for ak47 here (mix up possibleo_O)), my ak47 appears a bit 'runty', weak leaves simply not growing as much as I had expected in veg, despite all others in same space doing great. I appreciate it IS a differing strain to others, however think it 'should've be further along for its 6-7 week...
With a week or so before my planned light schedule change, is it normal that the performance is stunted in comparison: if pressed I'd say 3 weeks or so behind or maybe I'm simply mistaken imo?!.
Taken care with light's by rotating plant position daily so not burnt, though prominant on odd places, what do?
(Pressumed ak47

)
and for any wiser than I out there:
(Pressumed Amnesia

)

Cheers
Oh n thanks Virgin ground for note on light within images :thumb:.

Hey JimBobDaz, (thanks for reply) I really do hope it is genetic, given this is my first grow, im not expecting miracles but don't want to see it fail because I missed something.
Prime example is in upper center of pic leaf feels dry, spindly and a little curled but only a few around plant are same.

Btw and off topic, I've named all my plants for my head and diary, making them easier to identify: do others do the same?

If you saw my first attempt at growing you wouldn't worry about yours lol, I'm ruling out heat and humidity because the rest seem ok... are they all in the same soil? Are you feeding them nutes? Any sign if bugs or disease? Do you check the ph of your water?.
There are so many possible causes, i get you want to get everything right but learning is a slow process through mistakes ;)
P.s. i used to name my plants but i only grow two at a time so no real need lol

Welcome.

Welcome to the best place to gain knowledge, help others and share experiences. So many awesome people here willing to offer advice and encouragement it really does make a difference. Looking forward to seeing your garden grow. UK getting more and more members is always a good thing.

Sorry folks, i try and stay on but keep getting called away.

Well lots of advice here already and more UK growers too.

SO AWESOME!! :snowboating:
Will take some action on the Grow Journal (Thanks for the pointer irie lion:thanks:) So will be getting that started for the three in my nursery later on.
And i'll also fill out this post with the make up and running variables so Alafornia thanks for that pointer too :high-five: .
however, a quick coffee and med top up required first.

Back soon but for now,

:Namaste:

Hi, just a quick update to say my 1st journal is now live here.
It details a more indepth look at my grow space, growing medium, reasons for strain selection etc and more pics as well as my first journal update.
Thanks

Well i figured since my intro started here I would post a couple of update pics with my main grow namely the Amnesia n Ak47.

Of the four for this current phase, here is my number one hopeful 'Amnesia' which is going into flower tomorrow.
20190626_210852.jpg

Heard so many contrasting views on going 'Veg' to 'Flower', I've decided to simply set timer to go off 6 hours earlier tomorrow, then 12/12 all the way...

Here you can see where the damage has been along with how I've seperated out the branches as well as opened up flower sites from straying fan leaves.

20190626_210352.jpg

Side view showing the flower sites are at the same level within an inch or so.
20190626_210330.jpg

Very warm here so have fed usual amount of ph 6.0 water but last of the biobiz fish 'grow' nutes.
Next feed will be biobiz 'bloom'; probably a reduced amount in usual phd water.

Mental note: Look out for the graphic i've seen showing ph table snd a complete set of reactions at mineral level and at what ph levels those interactions occur and compare with all possible nuteriants to see which it favours (Beyond NPK, in case I can offset possible deficiencies quicker....)

Anyhow, am half way through a nutrients session for all, so need to put the smoke out and get back to it.
Later
W

Cheers Stone, surprised how attached I am to these blooming things, my misses already coming out with 'you treat those girls... blah blah'...
Haha

Back
Top Bottom