Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Here's some pics of some girls in veg. Sundae driver/skunk-tangerine, Mac, wedding crasher, glassworks, and the bigger one in veg is Tahoe Alien Bubblegum

Last 2 is wedding crasher

Mac

Sundae driver/skunk-tangy

Some buds from last harvest still curing

Some males I may sort thru

So, I do not know what to take of this. Some good news some bad, but this one is throwing me off and wanted to see if any of you guys hanging out here can give me an answer. Trying to hang up the 8 vero 29's. 2x4. I'm getting 120 to driver (hlg-480h--c1750b). DC output goes from .264 to 333v. no light.

You're lucky - I'm right here.

Ok, so what's the wiring? You have 274 volts available. The Vero29s are what voltage again?

Maybe dumb questions, but bring me up to speed.

I should be getting an ohm reading through all of the chips right? Would it make a difference if I hook up a positive to one side and a negative to the other. I thought they were both connected. like...

chip.

++
- -

most are.

+
_

a few are..

+
_

Would that matter?

So, you're running 8 Vero29s at 38 volts each, in series? = 304 volts? Why would the driver work? It only handles 274. Try disconnecting one Vero?

Incidently, those two numbers are very close to the readings you're getting. Oops, nevermind - misread them.

So, you're running 8 Vero29s at 38 volts each, in series? = 304 volts? Why would the driver work? It only handles 274. Try disconnecting one Vero?

Incidently, those two numbers are very close to the readings you're getting.
So it's because I went off the open voltage rather than the constant current. Well that sucks. I see so many people doing that and got confused half the time because of that. What the heck am I going to do with this 480 now argh. I want eight dangit. That just ruins everything. Boxes. electrical. meters. And I'm broke.

Yeah, but you only lose one COB ...

You suppose it's returnable? Swappable?

Sheesh, I gotta pay more attention ...

... Two 240-1400s? Not 1750s? Which made me focus ... 8 cobs at 1750 ma at 38 volts is ... 500 some watts? In a 2x4? Heheh, is it possible that you may not have gotten your math right?

I gotta hit the sack now, sorry.

Incidently, those two numbers are very close to the readings you're getting. Oops, nevermind - misread them.
Nope. 7 didn't work.

Totally where I messed up. If you look at the 240's and even the 320's, the constant voltage and open voltage are only like 3 volts off. But the 480, it's like 65 to 70 volts difference. So if anyone could buy me a 480-1400... I'll send you my 480 1750 or get me two 240-1400's

I got 9 panels for my 4.5x4.5 that run @ 36v. I'll use this driver to run 6 of them and a 240h-2100 to run the other 3. That should work right? Then I'll get the 480h-1400 for these 8 cobs or two 240's like I said above. Still doesn't explain why I can't get 7 to turn on.

This is why this totally sucks. I went with the 80/20 stuff to make it look professional. It's humboldt, talking to a guy at the bar that I've known for 20 years or so. Talking shit about my new setup and all led tech talk, ppf's, and wattage and shit. I didn't know they were still blackboxing over at this millions of dollars a year bulb farm that he is the head electrician for the last 15 years. They mainly do tulips, lilies, and irises. He's talking how they never wanted to do anything like hid's or mh's. But once I showed him numbers of watts micromules and crap, it blew him away. That's when he broke out being head electrician and went his bosses with what I said and showed him. Now they want to do a 10,000 sq/ft warehouse just off what I told him that he told his boss's so they can do these bulbs in the winter. These were suppose to be the prototypes to show them. I can't have 7 cobs out of eight running lol. This was going to get me in the door to start a huge project run by me? wtf? That would get me going to do other projects for people around here since Kalifornia legalized this year. Cheaper and better than other big corporations before rj reynolds moves in with their million sq/ft warehouses for marijuana.

He's bringing me some bulbs some day this week. He knows it's marijuana spectrums, nutrient levels, heat, and humidity, but it's just for testing purposes and I'm short one vero IF I can even figure out what the problem is today. Damnit... lol.

I notice that the milliamp number keeps changing when you mention drivers. So far, you've mentioned 1750, 1400, and now 2100ma drivers.

If you're pitching for a large greenhouse, COBs are the ideal answer. Then it's just a matter of how hot they want to run them. With that large area to cover, they wouldn't need the dispersion that panels offer - pinpoint light sources would be fine.

But yeah, if they won't light up ... :oops:

Have you retried it today? Fanleaf corrected a fault with no results, and then the driver worked the next day. I've faulted mine in every way possible I think - overdriven, crossed DC, overheated - managed not to connect DC with AC so far - that might toast 'em. It should work with 7 COBs at 38 volts, in series - plus to minus. Are you using wagos or something easy, for the wiring? You had odd markings on a couple COBs. Maybe try swapping out different COBs for the 8th one?

Back
Top Bottom