Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Ach, he just feels like he's been beat half to death. That chemo is rough stuff. But what always surprises me how great his plants look when he gets around to posting.

He'll be back. :slide:

I don't know how to give more positive vibes to him. Is there some other way I can make him feel better than dumb jokes on his page? Hate feeling helpless to people I care about and that list is short.

...unless Ya' have a cure...just keep doing what Yer' doing...showing your concern and support...and if you're religious...say a prayer...I think I speak for any who follow Buck...keep fighting Bud!...looking forward to seeing Ya' back posting...all my best...h00k...:rollit:

Buck has been trying to get on the forum for about a week and has forgotten his password. He said he got an email back yesterday about it so hopefully he will be back around in the next couple of days!

He's always Bucking things up. Always good with the females though. Let him know I got his six. Don't even want the stress on him to try and get back on here to say thanks for the backup (know what I mean.. from just a bunch of jerks on a forum) from all of us who do care or answers to dumb questions like mine.

We all use the word prayer in different ways, but it should still be used.

Yea, apogee has a recall on mine. That puts a damper in the day.
Also explains why I was only getting like 400 micromules @ 8" from board with it at 80 watts like I explained to you Graytail. They say it's 25% low in it's callibration. Here is email in case anyone has recently purchased an apogee. Hope 420 doesn't get mad at me for posting this.

Thank you for your recent purchase of an SQ-520 PAR sensor from Apogee Instruments. It has come to our attention that during the manufacturing process the batch that your sensor was built from was incorrectly calibrated. It appears that the SQ-520 sensors with the serial numbers listed below were calibrated to read 25% low. We apologize for this Quality Control oversight on our part. Apogee Instruments is committed to providing high quality products and has implemented additional QC steps to ensure this was a one-time error.

The affected SQ-520 serial numbers are:

We have put together to the following options to remedy the situation. Please reply by email or call tech support at 435-245-8012 with your preferred solution.

Option 1: Return for recalibration. Contact us and get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and a return shipping label. Drop it the sensor off at a UPS drop-off. Upon receipt, Apogee Instruments will recalibrate the sensor and ship it back to you. Expected turnaround time once received is 3 days. (Preferred method)

Option 2: Get a replacement. Contact us and get an RMA# and request a replacement be sent out with a return shipping label. Upon customer receiving replacement, the recalled sensor will be returned to Apogee Instruments. Currently SQ-520 units are out of stock with a 2 week lead time. Also note if recalled sensor isn’t returned appropriate charges will be applied.

Option 3: Recalibrate the sensor yourself. Using a known reference light or the clear sky calculator (clearskycalculator.com), define a new offset and multiplier using Apogee Connect software. This method will most likely put you within ±3% of our in-house calibration. Contact Tech Support for more details if you think this method makes the most sense for your application.

Again we apologize for this mistake and look forward to working with you to make it right.

Thanks for your understanding,

Schuyler Smith

Technical Sales Support

schuyler.smith@apogeeinstruments.com
www.apogeeinstruments.com

721 W 1800 N Logan, UT 84321

Desk: 435.799.3062
Main: 435.792.4700 fax: 435.787.8268

Musta been more than 25% on yours. :hmmmm:
Thinking so. Thing that upsets me is m'ladys jumped like 3" under the vero's overnight. That was 450-500. Sent it back today to get recalibrated. Wanted to do it myself and they sent me the program. I just didn't trust my ways of lights since I was using that to test my lights. Ughhh....

I about to forget to show this pic. I've never had this before I switched to the air pots. Roots are growing out of the pots, they have only been in the air pots for 2 to 3 weeks. I think I'm finally going to have a good root system.
420-magazine-mobile1958505869.jpg

I just checked out the air pot site for the first time yesterday. it seems your pot is inside out. and they're damn expensive. did you have to buy a 5 or 10 pack?

I just checked out the air pot site for the first time yesterday. it seems your pot is inside out. and they're damn expensive. did you have to buy a 5 or 10 pack?

Agreed on some points. How did you notice that one. But if it's working alright, why fix it. It depends on who you go through for the pots and different companies have different prices for different sizes. I'm still in for the 5 gallons, but looking at just the small three inch pots. no way I'm putting down that cash for those even though it is enticing.

Back
Top Bottom