Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Yea that sounds great. I've been growing for around 20 years. But until I joined this site, I was doing things pretty simple. I used to mix my own dirt from riverbank, throw a fish in it, and some compost from grannies garden. She used to say less is more, if you had good dirt you shouldn't have to add a lot of fertilizer. I started inside about 5 years ago, using same river dirt and done pretty good, I thought. When I joined 420, that's when I switched to the fancy dirt and nutes. It kinda went to hell on me, just now getting everything controllable again. That's why I'm giving docs kit a try, seems simpler, and it reminds me of grandparents, they always talked about feeding the soil. I don't think they ever used any pesticides or man made fertilizer. When I started using commercial products I started having ph problems, it's hard to believe, but mites seem to have gotten worse.

I'm with ya on experimenting. If I have dedicated rooms, make it easier to try new things. I've never tried a proper scrog grow yet, I normally just top a few times and do some basic lst.

That was one hell of a turnaround on your plants man. From the pics you done amazing job getting them back in shape.

Here's a pic of girls sleeping. I'm happy so far with this grow. When I put them in 5x5 they was kinda of in rough shape, mites. After getting humidity up, and more air moving, and spraying (safer 3in1, and mite massacre) 5 times. They have a good green color, new growth seems like bright healthy green.
420-magazine-mobile863123918.jpg

When I started in the 90s I would combine organic materials like seabird guano and EWC in a bucket and bubble it, then feed that to the girls. I got lost in ebb flow hydro for several years and then just went back to organics using Docs kit. I think you are gonna live it. It's simple and it also leaves a lot of room for personal style. I haven't done a scrog either but see it really as the best way to make use of these high efficiency LEDs.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the ladies. I just brought the soil life back in line and it took care of the rest. I can't wait to see what my girls will do with 1000+ PPFD. I just popped 72 seeds and all came up so it's gonna be a hoot. (And lots of work too.)

I have a bunch of different seeds I haven't tried yet. I'm trying to find some good prospects, why I haven't taken many clones. Now my current grow, all but 3 are clones from last grow. I'll get list of what seeds I have and post it. Really some opinions on which would be best to do with my first run of doc's kit

Hey there new to the cobs world been reading as much as I can find about it but I'm still a Lil lost had a budget for a Cree setup for a 4x8 tent really a (35"x94") but family emergency came n ended up wit a $1000 budget. looking for the best setup n energy efficiency dat I can get wit ya help. I will really appreciate all the help I can get thanks

Hey there new to the cobs world been reading as much as I can find about it but I'm still a Lil lost had a budget for a Cree setup for a 4x8 tent really a (35"x94") but family emergency came n ended up wit a $1000 budget. looking for the best setup n energy efficiency dat I can get wit ya help. I will really appreciate all the help I can get thanks

At that price you could buy 20 Vero 29 with drivers.

When I get home tonight,I'll get on computer. You'll probably get enough chips to do a 4x4, then add on a little bit at a time until it's complete

Dat will be great thanks

Just wrote down some numbers. If you get 16 Cree 3590's, heatsinks, holders+lenses+clamps. It comes in at $1314, still have to get wire, potentiometers(couple dollars), and aluminum for your frame. Also that price includes 4 meanwell drivers(200 watts a piece)

16 vero29's, everything but wire,pots, and aluminum comes up to $1064

If you went citizen 1212 , that comes in under $900.

All of them are good, but Cree or vero would be best bet. Vero around $300 cheaper.

Buck's 1500 Watts Of Vero 29

For a 4x8 two 9 cob Vero on a HLG-480h-c1400 is a great solution.
Two 42x42" frame. COBs spaced 12". $560 to build for each 9 cob.
You probably don't need that many though.

Buck's 1500 Watts Of Vero 29

You get the same results with the B series. Only 120+ μmoles less. You can build a 2 Cob B for $140 US. C will cost you $200 due to the 100w heatsinks.
You can drive 5 C series on the HLG-480 at 96w. Dim down to 90w and you can get away with the SST133.

Back
Top Bottom