Bruce Banner: Search For The Incredible Hulk

Note: Very sweet organic aromatic smell permeates the house at lights out.
Peat moss and perlite mix contains essentially zero nutrient before addition of vegetative fertilizer as tested by agriculture dept.
Alfalfa fertilizer tested by agriculture dept before use for plant required nutrient content.

Here's the plant that had the contamination pretty bad at the start of veg and into flower. It has recovered nicely and seems to be doing well.
IMG_1684.jpg
IMG_1685.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg

Here's jammin' girl. She had less contamination exposure than the first plant and has grown even larger.
IMG_1688.jpg

Grown as ammonium free as I can get them... can't wait to try some out.
Only the concentration makes the poison. According to science the optimal ratio for ammonium nitrate:nitrate is 1:16. Cannabis make us of it in the right concentration.

I've grown with Dyna Gro for years and their formula is more like 1:4 since it contains urea, haven't seen any I'll effect on my plants throughout the years. Theory is one thing and practice another.

Cheers!

Only the concentration makes the poison.
Many chemical fertilizers can cause me great distress. Numbness in the fingers and toes, pain of the stomach and intestine, feelings of depression, aches in my joints, lower back pain so bad I can't walk erect, stiffness in my neck that makes it hurt to turn my head and look behind me, sores or sensitive areas on my skin where the contamination sweats out, feeling lethargic or having no energy... even many so called organic foods seem to have chemical contamination. The aches and pains I get from eating foods are the same I get from contact with chemical fertilizers. There is something in chemical fertilizers that is causing it and it seems to be a chemical contaminant, the contamination level drops after many months of curing (I believe due to bacterial digestion of the offending compounds). High grade chemical nutrient (nutrients that have been purified to have very low contamination levels) do not have the same effect. Ammonia may not be the culprit but it is a waste product of human digestion and the body expels a great deal of it in urine and feces.

Vegetables I have grown organically myself have proven that it is not the food but the fertilizer fed to the plant that is the cause.

I'm attempting to grow organically so the bacteria can digest the contamination in the soil and plant well before harvest. I also feel the plant matter for fertilizer will introduce less contamination into the soil than the addition of pure chemical fertilizers.

It's unclear at this point if contamination or hidden hunger is the reason the plant did not do well (still early in my investigation). My experiments with high purity chemicals seem to suggest it is a hidden hunger (perhaps a ultra trace element or elements, much lower required concentrations than micronutrients, that can sometimes be present in agricultural grade chemicals as contaminants).

Perhaps I just had an overly contaminated sample of ammonia (ammonia phosphate and ammonia nitrate) that caused the bad reaction or perhaps it was the ammonia itself. I'm growing out some more plants to try to understand this phenomenon using different chemical inputs (plants just grow very slowly so it takes time). The contamination in the plant material at harvest was much higher with 20 ppm ammonia than it was with 10 ppm ammonia.

I have already proven that a good harvest of the Bruce Banner I'm growing should produce about 1/2 lb from a 5 gallon soil container. I can test the effectiveness of my fertilizer against this number.

I will share this information as I know more.

I have increased the alfalfa content by 30% and the plants seem to be responding better than the last time. The mix is also supplemented with potassium sulfate mined mineral, langbeinite, fish bone and some sea salt to hit my potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and chlorine targets, the alfalfa alone did not achieve optimal nutrient concentrations on these elements. The first attempt also had these minerals added so it could only be the increase in alfalfa content that would be making a difference in plant growth. I'm debating whether to try an even higher concentration, say maybe hitting my potassium and magnesium targets with the alfalfa meal, eliminating the potassium sulfate and langbeinite requirements, but I'll know more when the new plants are ready to flower. All my plants are potted in the organic mix on the same day that the organic soil is combined, meaning the soil will cook in as the plant produces root. This does increase the time requirement for growth to really begin but I have seen no problems with this method (it is better to cook the soil for a month or two first but this will only speed development of the plant in the first couple months).

I'll post some pics when the plants are ready to begin 12/12.

Attempt 1 still has very small bud and leaf development. No real difference since the last pics.

Making some progress

"Currently, most of the water processed by the plant is dumped into the ocean a few miles offshore. While it is partially treated before this happens, the water still carries excess nutrients that are bad for the environment."

"Afterward, it will be pumped underground, not dumped in the ocean."

If anyone is interested I have an update of attempt #1. The leaves are still small and bud development is almost nonexistant. This plant has had 7 weeks of 12/12 and should be a lot further along.
IMG_1792.jpg

I have been supplementing with the water I boil my vegetables in and she has greened up a little bit. It definitely requires more plant material than I used on this run.

Here are some pics of attempt #2 where I increased the concentration of alfalfa meal in the soil by about 30%. Note the leaves are much larger this time and this should show in increased bud development.
IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1789.jpg

This plant will be ready for 12/12 in a week or two. I will top it before putting it into bloom. This looks like enough plant material in the soil, the real test will be the final dry weight of the harvested bud. The two plants attempt #1 & 2 have the exact same NPK concentration, I reduced the amount of langbeinite and potassium sulfate to compensate. The missing elements from the plant fertilizer formula are definitely present in the alfalfa meal I used to supplement the soil.

Happy growing!

I misspoke in the previous post. The nitrogen concentration was higher in attempt #2, just the result of working with all natural materials. All the nitrogen for both plants is coming from the alfalfa meal itself.

Except for the contaminants, chemical and organic fertilizer are the same thing. This is why the dumping of wastewater into our oceans should concern everyone. Fertilizer in the water kills aquatic life, this has been known for some time. The ocean produces 80% of earths oxygen. Simple science.

I blame taxation... Jesus has already shown us the way.

An update on attempt #2

Plant is looking good to my eye. Here it is before topping which I usually do right before initiating 12/12
IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Leaves are sizing up as expected. This photo was taken 3-11-2024

Here is a shot from today... about one week of 12/12

IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg

Good size leaves and a nice green all the way down. Plant based organic is a more complete fertilizer than any modern chemical concoction.

Comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention the pH on this plant was a little hot. I changed my soil mixture from previous attempts and wound up with a hotter mix. This one is currently growing at about 5.5 pH

Quote of the day... thought I would share this here for anyone who has not already seen it

"I also believe, from personal experience, that the colonists that founded America saw something that molded their opinion. It was work or die on the American frontier, there was no government to redistribute the fruits of ones labor. God is not in favor of taxation though he does love his people."

If all farms used plant based organic fertilizer instead of chemicals we would all be a lot healthier. There would also be no fertilizer run-off into rivers and streams and you would clearly see the Mississippi dead zone is a direct result of dumping treated wastewater into our rivers and oceans. This reduces the oceans potential to produce oxygen thereby resulting in global warming.

This comment did not meet Microsoft guidelines. WTF

"
This just goes to show the kind of reactions the body has to chemical fertilizers. All the symptoms fit. I also get these types of reactions from chemically grown food. Man made fertilizers bypass the natural microbial breakdown of organic matter to produce elemental nutrients. It is this natural microbial process that converts many of the toxins in the soil making them biologically safe. This is where probiotics originally came from before some scientist pilled some up to turn a profit. These same microbes continue to convert toxins in your intestine. That's why it's so important to eat your vegetables."

Original post about allergic reactions to marijuana

I can confirm that the missing elements can be found in animal urine. Applying animal urine (must be diluted 25 to 50% with water to prevent burning) to plants results in excellent growth. Apparently it is not a required nutrient for animal development as there is little to none to be found in animal tissue.

I've been dumping mine into the yard as a natural fertilizer. There is not much left after a week on the lawn as the soil absorbs all the liquid and also prevents any odor from being noticed. It is free fertilizer... the food I eat came from the soil and that is where it should be returned.

I should point out (in case someone else is uncomfortable pooping in the river) that I do not add toilet tissue to the wastewater. The chemicals in the paper will contaminate the soil giving anything grown in it an undesirable paper taste.

I can confirm that the missing elements can be found in animal urine. Applying animal urine (must be diluted 25 to 50% with water to prevent burning) to plants results in excellent growth. Apparently it is not a required nutrient for animal development as there is little to none to be found in animal tissue.

I've been dumping mine into the yard as a natural fertilizer. There is not much left after a week on the lawn as the soil absorbs all the liquid and also prevents any odor from being noticed. It is free fertilizer... the food I eat came from the soil and that is where it should be returned.
Hi @Diatomacious - may I ask you a question? Or two? This blows my mind. Are you saying I could in theory, collect my dogs pee, dilute it 50% with tap water, ph it, and feed it to my plants? I assume this is for organics, yes? If that is what you are saying, besides wtf (lol), is there a better time to use this in terms of the plants life cycle? And is it something one can buy? Also, what do you mean by “excellent growth?”

Ok, several questions. Lol. Thanks very much. I’ve never heard this before and it’s crazy. One more - would human urine function the same way? It’s way easier to collect. Lmao.

Thanks again.

This blows my mind. Are you saying I could in theory, collect my dogs pee, dilute it 50% with tap water, ph it, and feed it to my plants?
I have used it in the yard by simply diluting it with tap water and yes plants green up like you gave them miracle grow. Takes about a week or two to notice the results. You must dilute it or it will burn your plants, maybe even cut it in half with water ie add the same volume of water as urine, you'll just have to experiment. You can use animal or even human pee, just be careful not to splash it on your buds as that's kind of gross.
is there a better time to use this in terms of the plants life cycle?
Whenever your plants need a feeding is the best time. This could be considered organic but I feel that really depends on your diet. The better you eat the better your urine is for fertilizer. Eating vegetables will ensure the missing elements (the ones not accounted for in chemical fertilizer) are present in the pee. Dogs will eat vegetables, like they eat grass. The bacteria in the plant matter makes their tummy feel better. I hear they love carrots.
is it something one can buy?
No need to buy it when you produce it every single day. The only problem I could think of with using it indoors is the smell. I have not used it indoor myself only out in the yard because of this reason so I'm only assuming. Maybe try it on one plant to see how it goes.
Also, what do you mean by “excellent growth?
The plants get visibly greener, leaves fatten up more than untreated. If you try it by dumping some on some grass or plants in the yard you will understand.

The real thing about urine is the missing elements from modern chemical fertilizer formulas. It actually makes urine a better fertilizer, especially if you eat a lot of vegetables.

I hope I've been able to answer some of your questions. If not feel free to ask me anything.

Back
Top Bottom