Bruce Banner: Search For The Incredible Hulk

Been fighting with yellowing in the lower leaves but think I have it figured out. Couple of pics if anyone is still interested.

This is the worst plant and a few bud shots
IMG_1242_DxO.jpg
IMG_1239_DxO.jpg
IMG_1240_DxO.jpg
IMG_1241_DxO.jpg

Different plant
IMG_1245_DxO.jpg
IMG_1243_DxO.jpg
IMG_1244_DxO.jpg

Different plant
IMG_1246_DxO.jpg
IMG_1247_DxO.jpg

Hopefully I got the yellowing licked... time will tell

Banner update 7-23-2021

Managed to stop the yellowing on the older plants but not before it consumed quite a bit of my fan leaves. Learning what this strain can and cannot handle. Whatever I did to cause the yellowing has also slowed bud development.

Bud shots follow each plant

IMG_1311_DxO.jpg
IMG_1313_DxO.jpg
IMG_1314_DxO.jpg
IMG_1317_DxO.jpg
IMG_1318_DxO.jpg
IMG_1320_DxO.jpg

Glad I took clones now as the clones are doing much better with the experience I have gained.

IMG_1306_DxO.jpg
IMG_1308_DxO.jpg
IMG_1309_DxO.jpg

Wow, that's quite a collection of nutrients. Are you using all of that?

Overall the ladies look good, but a couple things to consider.

There area number of reasons for yellowing leaves.
1. Inadequate watering- Do you water until 10% run off every time, and how often?
2. Excessive heat - How is your ventilation? Temp. and RH%?
3. Pest - A good look will determine this.
4. Nutrients - (Nitrogen specifically) Over and under can look the same.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Wow, that's quite a collection of nutrients. Are you using all of that?
Not all at once and you should be fine :rofl:

Just kidding. Of all your reasons I think mine was from improper mixing of nutrients so probably just a human error and nothing to do with the plants. I water when the pot gets fairly light and the mix gets thoroughly moistened when I do (pro-mix moistens pretty well even when it gets really dry). Heat should not be a problem as it never gets above 80 F even under the lights. I have several fans running constantly as well as the whole house central air and a dehumidifier just in case so RH is usually within ear shot of 50%. Haven't seen any pests to speak of other than the occasional bug flying in but I did treat every plant with a shot of nematodes (love these little guys).

I think I can save the bud on the older plants but they will not look happy about it, once that leaf turns it does not want to come back. The clones are looking much better so I think they might have a few nice pics to come.

These Bruce Banner seem to be a little more sensitive than most but hopefully that just means they are really potent.

Nutrients - (Nitrogen specifically) Over and under can look the same.
I really have to agree with you on this one. Over and under feeding can both cause yellowing and it's often very difficult to tell the difference just by looking at the plant.

Im taking notes mine has been topped and moved to a new home now.Wil also be taking a few clones as i always do
just in case i find that killing seed/strain combo. Your clones look proper and mistakes are made how we learn.

This #3 so far has to be my favorite. Very sweet floral smell and the leaves were almost sticky feeling when brushed through the hand. It all comes down to who is the most potent in the end and so far this one has definitely got my attention. Definitely sativa dominant though as this one was flipped on the fourth and just now starting to develop buds.

IMG_1322_DxO.jpg
IMG_1323_DxO.jpg
IMG_1324_DxO.jpg
IMG_1325_DxO.jpg
IMG_1326_DxO.jpg

Same #3 from above still showing signs of stretch. About half of the banners are fast budding and the other half seem to have a more sativa like late blooming tendency. This one seems to be a little later blooming but also has the best smell of them all so far.

IMG_1342_DxO.jpg
IMG_1344_DxO.jpg
IMG_1344_DxO-1.jpg

Some various shots of the clones from around the grow room just for kicks

IMG_1332_DxO.jpg
IMG_1333_DxO.jpg
IMG_1334_DxO.jpg
IMG_1335_DxO.jpg
IMG_1336_DxO.jpg
IMG_1337_DxO.jpg
IMG_1338_DxO.jpg

The older girls are still hanging in there but beginning to show signs of pistil damage with a few red hairs sneeking in.
IMG_1340_DxO.jpg
IMG_1339_DxO.jpg

Just caught up on your journal. Nice plants. I am running a Hulkberry this time from RQS, and it's BB#3xBB#3. So I was real curious to see how yours are doing. Nice job. Be interesting to see how big they get. Sweet.

Clones look bang on mate.Im seeing issues myself with the banner.IT dont like what my other 4 ladies like food wise and heat in my tent is a no no for her its going to be a night grow again i think when i flip.

So I was real curious to see how yours are doing.
I almost screwed the pooch if I hadn't taken the clones, the older original plants still haven't forgiven me. They are coming along but she is a real sensitive gal so watch your language around her. :laughtwo:
Im seeing issues myself with the banner.
She is definitely a little pickier than other strains I've grown but I'm starting to get some real nice aromas from a few of them so I'm hoping she's worth it, she's been eating up quite a bit of my free time (due only to my own ignorance but that's another story). :rofl:

Pretty sure its just bruce banner not white widow unless i missed something.
You are doing a great job on the white widow @Diatomacious

Ya, White Widow is one picky lady, but you look like you have a handle on it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom