Votes: 15 14.9%
  • <$250

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • <$500

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • $1000 or more

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters
thanks alot @L8tNightSkunk, @Poke Smot, and @UntamedFox!

This grow is still well below $100 so far. Started germination Jan 20th '09 so that makes this 7 weeks today from seed. Lights have been on 24/7 with a boxfan running 24/7 as well. I am feeding half strength miracle grow singles (1 packet mixed between two 2 liter bottles as per the instructions on the packaging) every 7-12 days, whenever they look like they need watering, with additional misting of the leaves every day or two with the same nutrient mixture that goes in the soil. I am not monitoring pH as it has not made itself an issue this grow, or last...I can take yes for an answer!

Thats what im talking about something under 100! i recently started my own grown and to start off so far i have spent 35 bucks as a lil bud looking up to a big bud i would like you to take a look at my grow box and let me know what you think? I saw your first grow it was nice real nice thanks XSVBuds!

p.s. i also need help with light and water schedule as well as what nutrients to get thanks.

damn man, under $100!?!??!?! and they look that good!?!? dude, i bow before you

hey buds. checking in and i must say they are looking great after topping.
maybe add pics to mcbudz thread on the subject.?

so when are these ganna start flowering.? i just started flowering my 2 beast with the 400W hps. and dude do i reccomend the light!! seriously i know you take pride in low cost and sticking it to the budgetless ppl. but these plants look so good why not max them out ?

anyways looking good.are you ganna re-top?

Coming along well XSVBuds! Yes when do you plan cutting back the lights?

well, i just topped them again, and I figure as soon as the plants have started growing the new tops I can go ahead and switch to 12/12. Just as a btw, if you look at my plant's growth structure (all seeds are from the same batch of excellent mids) they will be phenomenal once I introduce the SCRoG.

i saw the the way the 2 litters are with the plants excellent idea i was gonna put them in pots but i figured the 2 litter would work better seeing that they did for you so ima go along with that lol by the way the plants look real nice keep up the good work man

Nice job XS, your babies are looking good... I like how even your canopy is... Have you thoought about opening them up a bit? Let some of that light get down below the canopy.... Keep up the good work.... :peace:
That poll turned out to be really intersting..

ok wow what a day! my apt complex had their quarterly inspections and god damn was i nervous! this is the moment that i thanked myself a thousand times over for hooking up the maintenance guy with a $20 gift card to a grocery store nearby and breakfast, after he gave me a few rides to work (GF's car died). I cannot stress enough how glad I am that I don't have a super high wattage light, cause they also checked power usage!!!
what saved me was not using a timer during veg cycle, instead opting for 24/0 lights on all the time...made it look like a 60 watt hall light was on all the time! I'll post pics in a day or two, but the second topping is going really well, wit a beautiful even canopy and steady compact growth.

good job dude! great to see a guy stick it to the man!!! hell yes! glad all is good and safe. Do you really save that much money by not using a timer during veg for 24/0? can't wait for the pix

I had a 165 lb Rottie, so anytime they had to get into the condo they would have to give me a weeks notice..If you run your veg room @ 18/6 that would save you 2,190 hours of veg room expense and wear and tear on equipment... I don't like the stretch I get with 18/6.. Glad you made it through it XS......

Let me clarify that I am trying to be thrifty but the electric bill is not a concern...not because it doesn't matter, it's just that considering all the electronics i use, 800 watt jvc head with 15" cerwin vegas, a 53" pioneer elite, 200 watt guitar stack, xbox, etc. my bill is still only 65-80 bucks a month in the dead of summer, so it just isn't enough money to be concerned about.

stretch is more a symptom than an indicator of a certain light scheme's merit, no offense intended. I just have my simple 48" floro's going 24/7 with a box fan. I get the lights as close to the top of the canopy as possible, especially because the floro tubes ain't burning a damn thing, let's just be honest here, i mean, you can touch it after 2 months of continual usage and it's lukewarm at most, so heat isn't a factor.

stretch is more a symptom than an indicator of a certain light scheme's merit, no offense intended. I just have my simple 48" floro's going 24/7 with a box fan. I get the lights as close to the top of the canopy as possible, especially because the floro tubes ain't burning a damn thing, let's just be honest here, i mean, you can touch it after 2 months of continual usage and it's lukewarm at most, so heat isn't a factor.

None taken, I run my 400 with an MH 24/7 365days a year. the mh is 6 inches off the top and the plants swing from 79-82 depending on the temp outside. My flower room has a 600 that is never more the 10" usually closer to 8" off the top an the temps stay under 80 and a 125 Procyon LED light... so what part of the scheme might it be?

look at it this way - lower total lumens mean you have to be closer to the lights to get similar output to the plants...since my floros are so low wattage i can get them so close that the lumens to plant ratio is actually decent, and since the lights are so close, they don't stretch for me - having higher wattage lights means a greater distance due to heat etc thus the possibility for stretching...I could just be blowing smoke, but i really think that overall distance to the lights, without regards to light output may be the pivotal factor.

Back
Top Bottom