Well, I did not top Kush Mass yet. She’s just pushing her 5th node, I’m not comfortable. Looking back at pictures, today would be day 19 on Tangie and Kush Mass. Afghani is only a few day old (going to be a beast!!!)

Tangie and Kush Mass are both in nectar of the gods soil, in 7 gallon fabric pots. Afghani is in a 5 gallon bucket, same soil, 1” of gravel at the bottom, maybe 12 holes drilled in the bottom. Should just dump water once saturated. All 3 plants are getting 3/4 strength nutes, a gift from the soil company. Pretty decent stuff from what I’ve seen over the last week. Zero signs of chemical burn. I will be running 100% nutes by next week.

I’m giving them a qt of fluid every other day. Nutes 2 out of 3 feeds.

Plants look good. I moved the (15wx4) quartet down lower. Last grow, it stayed within 6” of my plants. I will keep it right there this time as well, or closer if things work out well. It will work very well, I think, having (4) 15w LED’s on my single plant ScrOG, it will provide good coverage, at least through veg stage, (right?) This will allow me to focus the CREE’s on Afghani and Tangie, which I have no intention of topping. I want to see the full beauty of these plants. With a little LST in there as well, open up some of those nodes :) Then add a couple of seedlings in in a month or so.

Have a great night everyone!!!

Kush Mass Auto

Tangie Auto

Kush Mass Auto and Tangie Auto

Afghani Auto :)

I love your style Butter's.. always tinkering trying to find what's best. Keep track of all your adjustments in case something changes.
I recall someone telling me one day the best thing we can do for the plants is leave them alone. And by that I think they meant that the plant will let you know as it needs attention. Right now it looks like you have a happy home for them so for me personally I'm a big believer of if it ain't broke dont touch it! It's hard for eager beavers like us to just watch because we want to help it grow, and sometimes watching is the best thing!
Enjoy your night brutha!

Yup, it’s so early in my growing adventures. But this layout here, I like this. I’m still not 100% on topping kush, only because this is my first “real grow” I don’t want to short change myself, and there is no way I’d be upset with 3 huge topbuds in the end. If kush didn’t pan out well with what “could be” a failed ScrOG attempt, I’d be pretty butt hurt. I’m not ready for butt hurt. My cookie jar is empty right now & I I spent all my cookie money on the tent and light lol.

Decisions, decisions.

LOL, I know your feelings. I'm in the same boat re inventory levels right now. The topping is a good call if you're not comfortable yet. You know how to do it and when ready you'll nail it.
You're not gonna fail Butter's. You got this grow. So much has improved from the last grow you're gonna be amazed at your results!

Day 20- Topped Kush Mass Auto

I just ran with it. Snipped off everything above the 4th node. (Careful not to snip the growths from the node) nice, clean, and over :)

Tangie Auto (unscathed)

Afghani Auto - Day 4

No more snipping, just tucking ;)

Just a race to get them as big and fat as possible now!!! Come on soil and nutes!!!

I’m Pumped!!! Let’s Grow!!!

Hey guys, what a fast week so far!

So for those of you using a 4x4x6.5 tent, I get 104 CFM as a # I need to reach as far as filtering/exhaust is concerned.

Does that sound right? My 4” inline fan from last grow only moves 85. So I could use that for intake? Then buy a 4” fan/filter combo off amazon that moves in the lower 100’s?

Does this sound like an efficient plan, or do I need to step up my intake and raise my CFM’s to something closer to the 200 range?

I should probably go bigger and plan on growing into the specs, vs just going minimal.

Anyone have a good read on best practices for tent venting? I get the main idea obviously, I’d just rather start out my venture correctly.

(Do people use fans for intake? Or do the majority of people just open vents and let the exhaust do the passive pulling for intake?)

I have a very powerful exhaust fan. Due to that, I need an intake fan so I don’t collapse my tent lol. I like the little extra negative pressure though as it forces quite a bit of air to come into the tent and across my HID. Not enough to absolutely negate humidity in the tent though. There’s a fine line of how much airflow through the tent and how much you control the humidity. That’s what I’ve found anyways. My exhaust fan is just over 220cfm my intake is a small PC fan. If I had to guess I’d say 50-75cfm plus the passive intakes.

I have a very powerful exhaust fan. Due to that, I need an intake fan so I don’t collapse my tent lol. I like the little extra negative pressure though as it forces quite a bit of air to come into the tent and across my HID. Not enough to absolutely negate humidity in the tent though. There’s a fine line of how much airflow through the tent and how much you control the humidity. That’s what I’ve found anyways. My exhaust fan is just over 220cfm my intake is a small PC fan. If I had to guess I’d say 50-75cfm plus the passive intakes.

Perfect. Thanks for the response brother!

Yup, someone mentioned you should change the air twice an hour, so the cubic feet of the tent, along with the max value of your fan, you should be able to calculate the cfm required.
For arguments sake, the norm is 6" on 4x4 tents, 4" on 2x4 tents and 8" on tents bigger than 4x4. The fan I have is the AC Infinity T6 which is super quiet and runs around 341 CFM at full. Even at full I can leave my booster fan off. Like 420 mentioned, you want negative pressure, just not collapsing your tent where you can strum a song off the tent walls.

Back
Top Bottom