Pictures!!!

Tangie Auto

Kush Mass Auto

Afghani Auto

Those 7 gallon pots are deceiving.

Running a 4" fan at full speed 100% of the time will shorten the life of the fan. Stepping up to a 6" gives you flexibility to up and down the speeds as required.

So I would be safer starting around 200 CFM, 6” fan and filter combo. Just not running full speed.

Money is tight for now, I spent $400 getting this all up and running. I will get that back soon enough, but I need to find $100 :) (or another sponsor)

(nectar for the gods #4 soil and nutes plug goes here)

Wow, things look really good Butters! Afghani is really taking off. The watering looks great. I think on the oldest ones you can start to add a bit towards the center. You can see you have some light patches there. The plant is well on its way with stronger roots. You don't want to overwater it, but don't be shy either. In another week you should be able to go with Emilya's guide...

So I would be safer starting around 200 CFM, 6” fan and filter combo. Just not running full speed.

Money is tight for now, I spent $400 getting this all up and running. I will get that back soon enough, but I need to find $100 :) (or another sponsor)

(nectar for the gods #4 soil and nutes plug goes here)
With a scrubber you can knock 20-25% off your cfm. To me a 6" is a must but you work with what you have. Use the four and let's deal with any issues that come up until you can upgrade.

Wow, things look really good Butters! Afghani is really taking off. The watering looks great. I think on the oldest ones you can start to add a bit towards the center. You can see you have some light patches there. The plant is well on its way with stronger roots. You don't want to overwater it, but don't be shy either. In another week you should be able to go with Emilya's guide...

So, I’m still feeding a quart every few days. You think I can increase that? Maybe 1.5 quarts, or dare I say it.... 2 quarts? 7 gallon pots don’t leak at all with 1 quart.

Better to water more often, or just increase amounts? I let the soil get pretty dry between feedings. All 4 lol.

So far it’s been nutes, nutes, water, nutes. I quart of water each time, every 3 days.

It's so easy to get caught up in the grow spending wheel. Never make it uncomfortable for yourself. You have many good growing years ahead :)

Truth Sir. Once I can “give” away some of my final results, I’ll be able to afford a decent filter. I made it my last grow without one, got very loud smelling at the end though...

The only thing that separates my home from my neighbors is our driveways... Maybe I can look into a temporary alternative. I do have my tax return coming in at some point, even a small filter would be better than no filter, right?

71eVKoa7qFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Smellines Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Duct Fan, Grow Tent, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange...

This one is 100 CFM for $35. I might go this route until I get my first harvest cured. I can scrape together $35.

If I open one of the vent flaps on the bottom a little, I should still be able to acquire this “negative pressure “

So, I’m still feeding a quart every few days. You think I can increase that? Maybe 1.5 quarts, or dare I say it.... 2 quarts? 7 gallon pots don’t leak at all with 1 quart.

Better to water more often, or just increase amounts? I let the soil get pretty dry between feedings. All 4 lol.

So far it’s been nutes, nutes, water, nutes. I quart of water each time, every 3 days.
I think your water amount is OK... no signs that it needs more. I was just pointing out you could afford to be less careful around the center so you can make sure the soil is consistently the same as far as wetness goes. Balance it out I guess is what I'm trying to say. You pretty much have a good idea when it needs watering now. The best way is to check the weight,with you mind, just before you water. Then use that memory muscle and compare it with the one you just finished watering. Each time you are ready to water it should feel like the one stored in your memory.
Or use a scale.

Truth Sir. Once I can “give” away some of my final results, I’ll be able to afford a decent filter. I made it my last grow without one, got very loud smelling at the end though...

The only thing that separates my home from my neighbors is our driveways... Maybe I can look into a temporary alternative. I do have my tax return coming in at some point, even a small filter would be better than no filter, right?
Yup, unless you can find a way to run a duct into the attic, any filter is better than no filter. Especially as you said during flower
This one is 100 CFM for $35. I might go this route until I get my first harvest cured. I can scrape together $35.

If I open one of the vent flaps on the bottom a little, I should still be able to acquire this “negative pressure “
That's the same filter I use. They work well. Instead of opening up the rectangle passive intake, I suggest using one of the lower 6" vent openings. Run a small section inside the tent, so it comes out about two inches, then cinch the two draw strings tight.
On the outside of the tent, run about a 2' length then cut it. What this does is allows you to keep the vent open during lights off so you get no light leaks. Grab a pair of your pantyhose and place them around the outside of the duct to keep dirt and critters from entering. I actually use that blue pre filter used in furnaces. Its very stiff, cuts easily into cirlces, and I can shape it to fit in the duct. Works great at keeping the light out.
If you have to run the piece of duct longer to the outside that is fine. You dont want light leaking into it is the main concern.

I think your water amount is OK... no signs that it needs more. I was just pointing out you could afford to be less careful around the center so you can make sure the soil is consistently the same as far as wetness goes. Balance it out I guess is what I'm trying to say. You pretty much have a good idea when it needs watering now. The best way is to check the weight,with you mind, just before you water. Then use that memory muscle and compare it with the one you just finished watering. Each time you are ready to water it should feel like the one stored in your memory.
Or use a scale.

Yup, unless you can find a way to run a duct into the attic, any filter is better than no filter. Especially as you said during flower

That's the same filter I use. They work well. Instead of opening up the rectangle passive intake, I suggest using one of the lower 6" vent openings. Run a small section inside the tent, so it comes out about two inches, then cinch the two draw strings tight.
On the outside of the tent, run about a 2' length then cut it. What this does is allows you to keep the vent open during lights off so you get no light leaks. Grab a pair of your pantyhose and place them around the outside of the duct to keep dirt and critters from entering. I actually use that blue pre filter used in furnaces. Its very stiff, cuts easily into cirlces, and I can shape it to fit in the duct. Works great at keeping the light out.
If you have to run the piece of duct longer to the outside that is fine. You dont want light leaking into it is the main concern.

My pantyhose :)

Thanks again, great idea!

I moved my ScrOG to the back, much easier to access everything now. Seems like it would be a better use of space and light anyway.

I split 2 quarts of tap water between the 3 plants. Heavier on the big ones. Some in the middle, the rest around the drip line.

I turn 40 on Sunday :(

I’m maybe an inch from my ScrOG. I need to read up on this as I’m not sure, outside of tucking, whether I have anything else I should be doing in preparation.

Any more snipping, or just LST?

61qBBAYmZeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

VIVOSUN D4 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fan HVAC Vent Blower for Hydroponics Grow Tent

This looks like an affordable fan. I can’t push 200 CFM through a 100 CFM filter though right, the filter should be the higher number, yes?
The 100 cfm is the minimum required...that filter can handle 300-400 cfm. Good to go.

I turn 40 on Sunday :(
Damn, I used to be 40... for a year, one time.

I’m maybe an inch from my ScrOG. I need to read up on this as I’m not sure, outside of tucking, whether I have anything else I should be doing in preparation.

Any more snipping, or just LST?
You're gonna weave the branches through the openings. A week before flip you want to clean up under the canopy any big fan leaves. You wanna see some nice sexy legs before flower.

The 100 cfm is the minimum required...that filter can handle 300-400 cfm. Good to go.

Damn, I used to be 40... for a year, one time.

You're gonna weave the branches through the openings. A week before flip you want to clean up under the canopy any big fan leaves. You wanna see some nice sexy legs before flower.

Sauga, you got all the answers brother! You don’t know how much I appreciate your help man.

So, realistically, I can use a 150 CFM fan with a 100 CFM filter, because the filter is 100 CFM minimum?

I promise to pay it forward, I’ve been trying to hit up other journals and share the wealth of my newly found knowledge ;)

Yes, please do. I know jack Poop about it. Preston might know more, but his Growtel is too big so he doesn't use one. :)

lol...stupid me edit: forgot to include qoutes...this ^^ was referring to reading up on it (scrog)
LoL... I'm running a good sized 6" filter set up in the Growtel. LoL. Around 450 cfm. But... it is variable speed. I run it around half power until the room is in full bloom.

I'm guessing it would probably suck a tent inside-out at full power.

It's my first & only carbon filter, so I'm pretty ignorant to effectiveness of all the different sizes.

I'm guessing... if you run a can that is undersized to the fan, it might just wear out a little faster. But... replacement cans are relatively cheap.

Back
Top Bottom