Tangie is still getting fatter. Stems are starting to sag, might need to support them somehow. Is this common? Stems won’t snap or anything will they? From the weight of the buds?

Started flushing, not sure why as I have no opinion about flushing yet. Just want a clean tasting bud I suppose. Might not flush Kush Mass just to compare.

#whyamiflushing?

I had to throw stakes in my PE's when the stems couldn't hold the weight anymore. They will eventually tip over. If you lean them against something then you stop the air from flowing around. By staking them you can keep them straight and spaced.
Adding Silica as a supplement throughout the grow will help strengthen the stems holding the buds.

Smooth clean tasting buds you get from the cure, not the flush.

I had to throw stakes in my PE's when the stems couldn't hold the weight anymore. They will eventually tip over. If you lean them against something then you stop the air from flowing around. By staking them you can keep them straight and spaced.
Adding Silica as a supplement throughout the grow will help strengthen the stems holding the buds.

Smooth clean tasting buds you get from the cure, not the flush.
Thanks Sauga!

One of you made mention of using baked rice to assist with lowering RH. I have a small mason jar with a few grams of fresh, sitting in a sealed mason jar full of extra dried rice. The humidity is dropping a percent per minute.

This is an experiment. Only an experiment. I want to see how quick I can get this test jar to a sustainable 62% RH.

I have zero experience harvesting or curing. Kind of terrifying...

Shed has a process that he made a thread on if you're interested in the rice balls.

Well, it went back up to 96% RH lol

I took it back out, back in rice.

So far, I’m going to say that the initial dry is maybe best when natural?

Seems like the test buds are a bit stringy now. Maybe due to the extremely quick dehydration?

Anyways, the RH was way to high my first grow for the buds to dry naturally, so I wanted a safe alternative to get the humidity down to a “not going to mold” level.

What do you guys think that level would be? When is it safe to contain fresh buds? I like the rice ball thing, but it doesn’t seem ideal for buds that are still green, maybe once I get them down to 75-80% ???

Back
Top Bottom