The slo'n dry in the fridge you want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F. In a tent, or room, I'm reading between 50-60% is typically what people will run the rh at. I've never tried the tent method or a room where the rh is in that range, but the slo n' dry works really well for me.

You're trying to hit 62%, so lower than that and it will come down. You dont want to dry it too fast, and yes, like Penny said, no direct fan on them. You're just trying to keep the air moving around in there. The temp should be fine.
Rotate the buds daily, or rustle 'em around each day.

Thanks so much guys!

So, for those of you following the Sauga of the “test buds”, when I got up this morning (8 hours later) my test buds had risen to 96% RH!!! Lol, from like 35% in the rice jar. So, I put them back in the rice. When I got home from work (11 hours later) the rice jar was at 17%!!! Holy Shit Batman! Pulled my buds out (2nd time in 48 hours) and put them in a jar alone... back up to 47%... and what an amazing smoke!

4 hits later and I was like :lot-o-toke:

A well monitored 48 hours has yielded a decent result. In my opinion. Not going to work on the 8 ounces I’m about to harvest in the next month though....

BIG shoutout to FastBuds as well as Sauga for sparking my interest!

Looks like I’m dropping a Zkittles in the dirt soon!!!

ZkittleZ by FastBuds outside grow coming up!!!

Once I harvest Tangie, kush mass and Afghani, I will have room in the tent for my 3 ww’s. Then I would be more comfortable dropping another plant outside in the greenhouse.

Thanks again FastBuds!!!

Test Buds #2

I lightly wrapped them in paper towel, put them back in the container, covered with the same rice as yesterday.

Maybe the paper towel will reduce the drying speed and allow for a safer lowering of RH. If I can get fresh bud down to 65% in a week with rice, I can keep it anywhere. If it has to be kept “out”, I’m doomed.

Back
Top Bottom