Can anyone identify this pathogen?

Alright good. It's been a few days since she was watered.
I can't get to the store until tomorrow though and I'm not sure if there is anything bigger than a 5 gallon bucket other than those decorative pots.
The landscaping store might have something.
Could I put it in a 16 gallon tote?
Holes drilled obviously.
The tote should work fine. Fresh soil will help a lot.

Try for a large, round, non-reactive container. I've seen round totes, garbage cans, and 50gal HDPE drums used. The tall containers are usually cut down in height. The height is usually 1.1 - 1.3 times the diameter.

You may simply need to feed your three macro nutrients to see it improve. Feed her.She has age and big roots.
Heavily feed.

Thank you for your input.
Thats a gorgeous looking plant as well.
My girl used to look nice too, ugh.
*edit: my avatar is the same plant at a younger age.

I figured she was underfed as well. It seemed obvious that a larger plant needs more food.
I've used the gringo rasta calmag 1-0-0.. quite a few times at the recommended dose and I don't know if its helping.
Then the Alaska fish fert is 5-1-1
Alaska morbloom at 0-10-10.
I doubled the last one at last feeding.
I get conflicting info on feeding.
I know everyone has their way though.

Ok I'm going to try to repot her tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking I should at least TRY to find a decent pot first.
Then do it tomorrow night after the smallest munchkin is asleep.
I've actually had good experiences repotting so far.
As of now I've been doubling the amount during feeding and there's new leaves dying by the day.
I'll let you guys know as soon as I get her out.
Y'all are awesome. I've lurked different forums for a while and on the other ones people seem kind of mean and not helpful.

Ok.
I'm going to transplant this evening (pacific time) into a 16 gallon tote.
I'm going giveto it a good wash and bleaching and put the usual holes at the bottom.
I understand a square tote may not be desirable but I had little luck finding anything better in the stores and I feel the matter is urgent.
Plus I don't dare ask for money right now
The other half is having his worse manic phase ever but, I digress.
I'll post pics of the root ball later.
Here are the roots showing through the largest center hole of the bucket.
The hole is about 2 to 3 inches
0715191816.jpg
0715191817.jpg

I just finished prepping the tote.
I've got about four 5 gallon bucket filled with the soil I pulled the males from.
Its still got ton of life in it.

Now I've heard it's fine but it's still got a lot of roots streaked through it that would be impossible to remove.
I did get rid of the main stem and root ball and broke it up real good.
I'm going to go ahead and use it. Hopefully it is really "ok".
Pics coming soon

Unless we're just being too gentle.
I feel like we're just manhandling the shit out of her because the affected leaves are just falling off like crazy.
The only way I see cutting her out is similar to how I made the holes in my buckets. Heating a knife on the stove and melting the bucket
More to come...

Update.
With the help of gravity and a good spanking on her bottom she slid out in one piece. I didn't get any good pics of the roots because I could barely support the weight but I got some once she was in the hole.
I don't know what qualifies as root bound or if it comes in degrees but I want to say they were only wrapping slightly around the bottom most part.
I'd say a quarter of the way up, if that, from bottom of pot.
Seems lopsided now.. But that happens on windy days too.
Now we wait.
0716192323.jpg
0716192321.jpg
0716192334.jpg

*edit.. Ok first pic topmost right corner is the top of the soil so maybe it was more like 75 percent.

Should I be trimming the leaves that are basically 90 percent dead? This is what I've heard. I do only 2 to 4 a day as not to shock it. And I want it to use as much as it can from those leaves.
I'm scared I'm still underfeeding.
Every tuesday I feed.
I doubled the feeding last night.
Bottle for both fish fert and morbloom says 1 TBSP per gallon per 1 cubic FT of soil for outdoor container plants.
I have roughly 2 cubic FT of soil so I did 2 TBSP.
I don't want to do too much in case the pot size was the issue.
I'm scared she won't recover.
It looks real bad.

Caterpillar poop crossed my mind. It just looked almost part of the plant.

I hypothesized that possibly the deficiency was so bad it might continue to spread more before it got better.
I never expected to get this far because my expectations are realistic and low.

Our tap water is VERY hard. I watered with RO bottles water until the plant was just too big.
There was a fungal disease that I read up on that has similar effects but won't kill or prevent the plant from growing. Just reduce yields. Can't remember the name now.
Anyway, thanks for looking! I really appreciate it.
Darn those dishes never end though!
I too am a new grower I was using bottled water. But, 420 told me to Adeline juice to water it works great. And I use Safer soap and neem oil for insects. Your plant looks under waters and root bound

Should I be trimming the leaves that are basically 90 percent dead? This is what I've heard. I do only 2 to 4 a day as not to shock it. And I want it to use as much as it can from those leaves.
I'm scared I'm still underfeeding.
Every tuesday I feed.
I doubled the feeding last night.
Bottle for both fish fert and morbloom says 1 TBSP per gallon per 1 cubic FT of soil for outdoor container plants.
I have roughly 2 cubic FT of soil so I did 2 TBSP.
I don't want to do too much in case the pot size was the issue.
I'm scared she won't recover.
It looks real bad.
You may be over feeding and are you flushing after feed?

Back
Top Bottom