Can I make edibles with this?

JockeyBud37

420 Member
I recently made a poor impulse purchase at Curaleaf. I asked if it was sublingual, and was told yes. But the packaging saying inhale. I'm wondering if i could just add it to a brownie mix, and bake? Any info would be wonderful, as I've found no info, and Curaleaf has the tendency to disconnect, just as you're call is being picked up, so i can't ask them.
Thank you

You learned something about who to make future purchases from, eh?
That's good. Tuition.

I mentioned once to a chef that "bad wine is only good for sauces and such." She wrinkled her nose and said, "Bad food of any kind is only good for the trash. Trash ingredients make for trash food."

And, they just hang up on you like you their used up bitch?
Throw it away, and let the world know the name of the company that ripped you off.

Curaleaf. Thanks for the tip.
So far, they've lost TWO customers for life.

Make that 3...

Thank you, both. I have no other means of mediation, and this was actually quite expensive, so I'd prefer not to throw away.
Your money is already gone. Already thrown away.
If you wanna eat crap, go for it.

A buddy of mine, who is a successful business man told me once: A happy customer will tell two or three people of their experience, an un-happy one will tell EVERYONE he knows and a few he doesn't.

I recently made a poor impulse purchase at Curaleaf. I asked if it was sublingual, and was told yes. But the packaging saying inhale. I'm wondering if i could just add it to a brownie mix, and bake? Any info would be wonderful, as I've found no info, and Curaleaf has the tendency to disconnect, just as you're call is being picked up, so i can't ask them.
Thank you

Did you purchase in person or online? Personally, I would go back to (or call) the store and tell them you had wanted a tincture not vape cartridges and either get your money back or exchange for what you wanted.

I did a search on this topic and found this on Curaleaf's website:

Distillates are often vaporized, but you can also take them under the tongue, dab them, smoke them, ingest them in a capsule, or infuse them into an edible.

But, you will have to decarb it first. Greenflower says this for decarbing kief but I would assume it would also work on distillate:

Concentrate Decarb From Greenflower, May 2020:
  • Acquire the required amount of kief for the particular recipe you are using.
  • Spread out the kief on an oven-safe dish.
  • Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Place the dish in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes.
  • That’s it, your kief is ready to be used.
Good luck.

Your link takes me to this:

1641744042171.png

That seems to be a pure extract, given it's THC %. I would expect this to not be fluid while cold?
If it has VG and or PG in it, making it fluid at room temp; both are foodsafe.

And holy shit, thats expensive.

You should be able to decarb it on the stove top in a sauce pan, mix it with coconut oil or olive oil first. Then mix it with brownie mix or use in cookie batter... And how many MG of THC is it?

Your link takes me to this:

1641744042171.png

That seems to be a pure extract, given it's THC %. I would expect this to not be fluid while cold?
If it has VG and or PG in it, making it fluid at room temp; both are foodsafe.

And holy shit, thats expensive.
That's the stuff. I'm told it's the exact same stuff that's in their vape carts so it's not necessarily fluid, but more viscous. Bubbles move through it easily enough, but move easier the warmer it is. I'm hoping i can just put the whole thing (450mg) in a brownie mix.
And yes, embarrassingly expensive, but not much more that i can do. Rather not throw this out!

Your mediation complaint has been heard and considered.
Since the defendant does not wish to make a statement to you or us ... you win.

Thank you for pitching in, but I'm not too bright, and i don't understand anything being said here. Have a good night please.

Did you purchase in person or online? Personally, I would go back to (or call) the store and tell them you had wanted a tincture not vape cartridges and either get your money back or exchange for what you wanted.

I did a search on this topic and found this on Curaleaf's website:

Distillates are often vaporized, but you can also take them under the tongue, dab them, smoke them, ingest them in a capsule, or infuse them into an edible.

But, you will have to decarb it first. Greenflower says this for decarbing kief but I would assume it would also work on distillate:

Concentrate Decarb From Greenflower, May 2020:
  • Acquire the required amount of kief for the particular recipe you are using.
  • Spread out the kief on an oven-safe dish.
  • Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Place the dish in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes.
  • That’s it, your kief is ready to be used.
Good luck.

No returns or exchanges, unfortunately. I was told it needed to be "warmed", but that's about it. That's why i was hoping baking it in brownies might activate it. Thank you for the info!

That’s a good amount 450mg. I’m sure someone can help you get that into some food. Decarb is heating it at a temp for a period of time so the thcA converts to thcB unless I have that slightly wrong but you need the converted one to get you high. I do flower at 240F for 40 min to 2h. Not sure if that will take as long. I think stuff like that is done decarb if when it stops bubbling. You could put it in a silicon container and heat it in that. Not sure what else to use.

Like this:

That's the stuff. I'm told it's the exact same stuff that's in their vape carts so it's not necessarily fluid, but more viscous. Bubbles move through it easily enough, but move easier the warmer it is. I'm hoping i can just put the whole thing (450mg) in a brownie mix.
And yes, embarrassingly expensive, but not much more that i can do. Rather not throw this out!
I will assume it has VG in it then, vegetable glycerin. Vape cartridge content is food safe, so as othersw have said, decarb it and good to go I would think. I would make a thinner batter, like a cake, so it can easily mix.

If you can figure out the dosage - I would be tempted to decarb it in Coconut oil plus lecithin and then you could put it in capsules, cookies, chocolates, etc. - just more options.

Little update. Was told it's a distillate that's already been decarboxolated(?), and it's ready for use however i like, vape, edibles, anything. Just needs to be warmed up because it's thick like glue. And that is hard to distribute evenly, because of that. I'll have to try baking this weekend.
Thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom