Can I use AN ph perfect sensei range with tap water if I regulate the ph myself ?

What EC/pH do you have on your base water out of the tap? Nothing wrong with AN.
Not sure what tap water is like in me place just in process of moving. I’ll check asap.
So since it’s only the base nutrients that are ph perfect, could I use flora trip and the AN nutes on top and just avoid ph perfect base nutes? Or would I get nute burn? I heard some stuff saying you have to use the whole line to get best results. Wasn’t a sales rep…I don’t think anyway.
Cheers mate like I said complete novice. Only second grow and my first Dwc.

To be honest I used AN and tested the PH once with my tap water and never tested again the whole grow with no problems.

we're you running dwc? ph changes all through the grow in dwc. normally the grower monitors ph and adjusts it on a daily basis. the ph perfect line doesn't work well if you use ph up or down.

Not sure what tap water is like in me place just in process of moving. I’ll check asap.
So since it’s only the base nutrients that are ph perfect, could I use flora trip and the AN nutes on top and just avoid ph perfect base nutes? Or would I get nute burn? I heard some stuff saying you have to use the whole line to get best results. Wasn’t a sales rep…I don’t think anyway.

you'll have to choose one or the other. you can't mix that AN line with nutes that require ph.

we're you running dwc? ph changes all through the grow in dwc. normally the grower monitors ph and adjusts it on a daily basis. the ph perfect line doesn't work well if you use ph up or down.

you'll have to choose one or the other. you can't mix that AN line with nutes that require ph.
it does say on their site that their nutes are compatible with ph perfect base and non ph perfect base, they also do ‘jungle juice’ base nutes which I just found out are identical to GH Flora trio. Jungle juice also isn’t ph perfect.
Cheers mate 🤙🏻

To be honest I used AN and tested the PH once with my tap water and never tested again the whole grow with no problems. Not saying any body is wrong just it worked out for me. Welcome to 420 magazine. :welcome: 🍋
Nice man there’s a lot of conflicting info Hahaa guess I’ll just have to risk it no matter what I do 😂

it does say on their site that their nutes are compatible with ph perfect base and non ph perfect base, they also do ‘jungle juice’ base nutes which I just found out are identical to GH Flora trio. Jungle juice also isn’t ph perfect.
Cheers mate 🤙🏻

did you try a search before you jumped in? you're gonna find more folk with abandoned grows than ever make it to the end mixing that line with another.

but good luck. you might be one of the lucky few.

edit : ph perfect also works best in passive hydro. not active. you're doing active.

did you try a search before you jumped in? you're gonna find more folk with abandoned grows than ever make it to the end mixing that line with another.

but good luck. you might be one of the lucky few.

edit : ph perfect also works best in passive hydro. not active. you're doing active.
So I wasn’t really aware of hard water/soft water nutes or ph perfect specifics before no.
I just read on advanced nutrients website that they’d products are compatible with other brand although I have no first hand experience.
If you go on products then read description.
What is passive and active hydro?
I haven’t started it up yet just trying to get my head round a way I can use nutes I paid for you know,
So do you not think I could use AN jungle juice as a substitute for sensei?
Cheers for info.

So I wasn’t really aware of hard water/soft water nutes or ph perfect specifics before no.

in north america they don't make a distinction between soft and hard water nutes. it's only a uk thing.

I just read on advanced nutrients website that they’d products are compatible with other brand although I have no first hand experience.

you can to a degree and they don't want to turn anyone's cash away whether it works or not.

you should probably have a look at the history of AN. it used to be a good line but they got greedy and the core group left the company. they actually made their nutes worse to encourage growers to buy their supplements.

What is passive and active hydro?

dwc and rdwc are active. anything that needs to make bubbles or circulate water is active.

things like coco or hempy are passive. passive hydro is anything hand fed that is not in a soil type media.

So do you not think I could use AN jungle juice as a substitute for sensei?

wouldn't worry about that until you can get a grow to harvest on base nutes. if you can't do a decent run on base nutes alone adding stuff won't help. you need experience first.

No I grow in soil outside. 🍋

in north america they don't make a distinction between soft and hard water nutes. it's only a uk thing.

you can to a degree and they don't want to turn anyone's cash away whether it works or not.

you should probably have a look at the history of AN. it used to be a good line but they got greedy and the core group left the company. they actually made their nutes worse to encourage growers to buy their supplements.

dwc and rdwc are active. anything that needs to make bubbles or circulate water is active.

things like coco or hempy are passive. passive hydro is anything hand fed that is not in a soil type media.

wouldn't worry about that until you can get a grow to harvest on base nutes. if you can't do a decent run on base nutes alone adding stuff won't help. you need experience first.
Ahhh okay cheers man I’m learning a lot just on this thread😂you got any preferences for Dwc vase nutes? I got lemon orange strain and NL is next up (I wanted to do NL first but a buddy had spare clone).

Ahhh okay cheers man I’m learning a lot just on this thread😂you got any preferences for Dwc vase nutes? I got lemon orange strain and NL is next up (I wanted to do NL first but a buddy had spare clone).

have you invested in the dwc gear yet ? the buckets, hydroton, net pots, air pumps etc etc ..

Distilled water has no minerals or other chemicals. Long explanation shortened is this; the distilled water will absorb and retain chemicals, minerals and their compounds that were lost during the distillation process. Once bound to the distilled water they are no longer available.
The only reason to use distilled water would be to remove excess from the soil. It can also be used similarly to charcoal to remove excess mineral and chemical over doses from people and animals.
Do you understand partial pressure gas physics? IMO it is similar. Everything is seeking a balance or stasis. Simply put the distilled water is starving for minerals and other base chemicals. It will harvest them from anything it can until it reaches a balance.
Rambling but it’s really pretty simple.
This is good advice if you are talking about adding DI/RO directly to soil, it will strip minerals. DI/RO water is great as a base for nutrients and can absolutely be used in soil/hydro/DWC once mixed with the proper nutrients. With AN you should not even need to pH just use as directed.

This is good advice if you are talking about adding DI/RO directly to soil, it will strip minerals. DI/RO water is great as a base for nutrients and can absolutely be used in soil/hydro/DWC once mixed with the proper nutrients. With AN you should not even need to pH just use as directed.
So if I use distilled water for my Dwc res I will be fine using my AN nutes? Beers for info bro. I just bought terra aquatic tri part which if you haven’t heard of it, it’s basically just GH flora trio European. Do you think I could run that along side AN nutes? Thanks

So if I use distilled water for my Dwc res I will be fine using my AN nutes?
Yes, distilled (DI) or reverse osmosis (RO) water will work well. DI/RO doesn't have anything to buffer the water naturally to it should buffer to the nutrients. Normal hydro range is 5.5-6.5, but AN claims their nutrients work at a larger pH range.
Beers for info bro. I just bought terra aquatic tri part which if you haven’t heard of it, it’s basically just GH flora trio European. Do you think I could run that along side AN nutes? Thanks
I'd run one or the other, not both. You can do a lot more damage with too many nutrients than you can with too few ;)

Yes, distilled (DI) or reverse osmosis (RO) water will work well. DI/RO doesn't have anything to buffer the water naturally to it should buffer to the nutrients. Normal hydro range is 5.5-6.5, but AN claims their nutrients work at a larger pH range.

I'd run one or the other, not both. You can do a lot more damage with too many nutrients than you can with too few ;)
I’ll do 2 ,1 distilled AN, 1 just tri part nutes and cal mag. Thanks for info

Yes, distilled (DI) or reverse osmosis (RO) water will work well. DI/RO doesn't have anything to buffer the water naturally to it should buffer to the nutrients.

distilled water is a no go. it will hang on to the nutes. if you use it you should mix it with tap to negate the issues. you can kill potted plants with distilled water.

most distilled water has a chemical added so folk don't drink it, the chemical is not good for plants. the bottles on distilled are always labeled not for human consumption in canada.

edit : check your tap water. if your tap is 120ppm or less you should be able to run it in dwc after off gassing any chlorine or chloramine. Ro and distilled wouldn't be necessary.

I’ll do 2 ,1 distilled AN, 1 just tri part nutes and cal mag. Thanks for info

if you go with the AN you can't ph. run it without and hope for the best.

Yeah I’ll forget about the ph on AN, see how it goes hope for best if not I’ll have another plant or 2 on my other nutes
do you have them in active buckets yet ? a pic of your set up would be good.

Back
Top Bottom