Can I use AN ph perfect sensei range with tap water if I regulate the ph myself ?

Frosty0121

420 Member
Hi there I’m pretty new to growing and I bought AN as an easy start to grow decent bud but then found out if need distilled water or RO water for ph perfect to work. Can I just regulate ph myself and not pay out for distilled water? I am using DWC system. Thanks In advance. I think next time I will go for flora trip for hard water. Thanks again for any info.

Hi there I’m pretty new to growing and I bought AN as an easy start to grow decent bud but then found out if need distilled water or RO water for ph perfect to work. Can I just regulate ph myself and not pay out for distilled water? I am using DWC system. Thanks In advance. I think next time I will go for flora trip for hard water. Thanks again for any info.
I'm sorry but here's no such thing as a pH perfect nutrient line. I've used many bottled nutrient lines throughout the years AN, Canna, GH, Hesi, H&G, and Dyna Gro(now Superthrive).

The latter is the most pH stable out of them all. It all depends on the growing method and medium if you need to pH adjust or not. We need a little more info to better help.

it will depend on your local water. that line does not usually work out very well if you try to ph the feed yourself. RO is not a deal breaker if you have good water, but you need very stable low ec water to begin.

I'm sorry but here's no such thing as a pH perfect nutrient line. I've used many bottled nutrient lines throughout the years AN, Canna, GH, Hesi, H&G, and Dyna Gro(now Superthrive).

The latter is the most pH stable out of them all. It all depends on the growing method and medium if you need to pH adjust or not. We need a little more info to better help.
Hard water DWC, I’m not bothered if the ph perfect doesn’t work, I just don’t want to buy different nutes when I have these.
I’m just wondering if adding ph up or down will be okay and nutes still work In full force? If I’m not explaining enough I’m afraid I am new to growing so bear with me.
Like @Wastei, I have tried many nute lines and all are good if used correctly
I consider Canna as a reliable go-to, but also like H&G/DutchPro
I'm currently using AN Sensi pHP - do not adjust pH or you absolutely will run into problems

Distilled water has no minerals or other chemicals. Long explanation shortened is this; the distilled water will absorb and retain chemicals, minerals and their compounds that were lost during the distillation process. Once bound to the distilled water they are no longer available.
The only reason to use distilled water would be to remove excess from the soil. It can also be used similarly to charcoal to remove excess mineral and chemical over doses from people and animals.
Do you understand partial pressure gas physics? IMO it is similar. Everything is seeking a balance or stasis. Simply put the distilled water is starving for minerals and other base chemicals. It will harvest them from anything it can until it reaches a balance.
Rambling but it’s really pretty simple.

Hard water DWC,

if the water is somewhat decent you can do it. it'd be good to know the ec of the raw water and what the mineral content is.

any dwc or rdwc is predicated on the condition of the media. which is water. the easiest way to run hydro is have control of the water. which is where RO comes in.

you can adapt to the water you have as long as the source remains consistent, but there's often a painful learning curve. RO just cuts that out and gives you a blank slate.

I’m not bothered if the ph perfect doesn’t work, I just don’t want to buy different nutes when I have these.
I’m just wondering if adding ph up or down will be okay and nutes still work In full force?

it messes stuff crazy.
it's not the nute line i'd run with if you want to control ph yourself.

Distilled water has no minerals or other chemicals. Long explanation shortened is this; the distilled water will absorb and retain chemicals, minerals and their compounds that were lost during the distillation process. Once bound to the distilled water they are no longer available.
The only reason to use distilled water would be to remove excess from the soil. It can also be used similarly to charcoal to remove excess mineral and chemical over doses from people and animals.
Do you understand partial pressure gas physics? IMO it is similar. Everything is seeking a balance or stasis. Simply put the distilled water is starving for minerals and other base chemicals. It will harvest them from anything it can until it reaches a balance.

never use distilled. see above. short answer is distilled grabs on to everything and doesn't make it available to the plant. there are also chemical additives in commercial distilled so folk get ill and don't drink it.

deleted my other explanation after this was posted lol.

If I’m not explaining enough I’m afraid I am new to growing so bear with me.

no troubles. you're not doing as bad as you think.

Ahh shit I didn’t know this thanks man. So in your opinion should I use my AN nutes? Or buy new nutes for hard water?

if the water is somewhat decent you can do it. it'd be good to know the ec of the raw water and what the mineral content is.

any dwc or rdwc is predicated on the condition of the media. which is water. the easiest way to run hydro is have control of the water. which is where RO comes in.

you can adapt to the water you have as long as the source remains consistent, but there's often a painful learning curve. RO just cuts that out and gives you a blank slate.

it messes stuff crazy.
it's not the nute line i'd run with if you want to control ph yourself.

never use distilled. see above. short answer is distilled grabs on to everything and doesn't make it available to the plant. there are also chemical additives in commercial distilled so folk get ill and don't drink it.

deleted my other explanation after this was posted lol.

no troubles. you're not doing as bad as you think.
Cheers mate, I’m not sure on the ec at the moment as I’m in process of moving address but can find out in couple days.
Yeah I’ve heard a lot of negative things about AN reading forums. Why I was wanting to use hard water flora trio, but thought might as well use what I have.
What nutes would you run with hard water Dwc?

Thanks for info much appreciated 🤙🏻

Ahh shit I didn’t know this thanks man. So in your opinion should I use my AN nutes? Or buy new nutes for hard water?

get a set of standard hydro nutes if you are going to run dwc. normally the only difference is the amount of calmag, which you can add separate if you need.

there are loads out there. get one that others in your market are familiar with. makes it easier to get help.

you could try run the AN alone without ph, and just balance with the nutes. use their hydro nute schedule as reference. begin there, you'll probably have to adjust a bit as you go. it won't be exact for your needs.

edit: and if you go that way you'll have to grow by a read on the plants more than the ph of the media/water.

get a set of standard hydro nutes if you are going to run dwc. normally the only difference is the amount of calmag, which you can add separate if you need.

there are loads out there. get one that others in your market are familiar with. makes it easier to get help.

you could try run the AN alone without ph, and just balance with the nutes. use their hydro nute schedule as reference. begin there, you'll probably have to adjust a bit as you go. it won't be exact for your needs.

edit: and if you go that way you'll have to grow by a read on the plants more than the ph of the media/water.
I will probably use flora trio for base nutes. And go from there, I read clashing opinions on if it’s enough to grow nice bud. But I guess I can start here and grow techniques and knowledge as I go. Cheers 👍🏻

Hard water DWC, I’m not bothered if the ph perfect doesn’t work, I just don’t want to buy different nutes when I have these.
I’m just wondering if adding ph up or down will be okay and nutes still work In full force? If I’m not explaining enough I’m afraid I am new to growing so bear with me.
What EC/pH do you have on your base water out of the tap? Nothing wrong with AN.

Back
Top Bottom