Can someone talk me through the curing process please?

Rasta1993

Can somone talk me through the curing process please

image.jpg

congrats great looking harvest and plentiful in quantity so kudos on that!!!

imho…. need more glass - those jars are too full.

Last go around I had couple zips of produce that went moldy and had to be tossed, talk about painful.

might want to lay all mini hygrometers together for an hour and see how far off they are... think Shed has calibration blurp somewhere

That weed is too wet-dump It all out and get it on a drying rack for a day or so, in a controlled environment with 60rh and 60*f— jar between 57-59rh and your good for long term. No silly burps required. I switched over to grove bags this year—zip em up and store in a wine fridge at 60*f —takes way less room to store.

That weed is too wet-dump It all out and get it on a drying rack for a day or so, in a controlled environment with 60rh and 60*f— jar between 57-59rh and your good for long term. No silly burps required. I switched over to grove bags this year—zip em up and store in a wine fridge at 60*f —takes way less room to store.
Soo put it all on my drying rack for a day maybe 2 then put into Jars ? At the moment it’s saying about 67 humidity in jars roughly also most the buds smell like hay is that because it needs curing ??

Soo put it all on my drying rack for a day maybe 2 then put into Jars ? At the moment it’s saying about 67 humidity in jars roughly also most the buds smell like hay is that because it needs curing ??
The way I dry is hang at 60/60 until the weed is ready to smoke—I like 57–58rh. trim as desired and jar/bag and good to go. You can get the same results by jarring at 67rh and burping for weeks and risking mold. All you are doing is slow drying.
That is not a cure.
Curing takes place by putting your weed away with some moisture in it and eliminating oxygen and light and adding controlled heat. Fermentation and anaerobic digestion eliminates chlorophyll and converts sugars and starches to more palatable smoke. Enhances the high and you can eat it or smoke it as well. Along with slow drying, I also cure some of my stash. Here’s what cured weed looks like.
46792550-25AB-47F5-986E-61FBEB179E64.jpeg

Soo Leav on drying rack till about 60
Humidity then jar and Leav jar shut for few weeks ?

image.jpg
Yes. I find that at that point weed taste like weed. The weed has a sharper taste and the effects are full due to ALL the terpenoids being intact. The weed will mellow as it ages and the terps vaporize as jars or bags are opened and weed is exposed to oxygen and light. Turn off the lights and keep it cool.

Back
Top Bottom