Can you help?

lickersogk

Hi guys and girls , I'm a new grower. I'm four weeks into flower and iv noticed one of my ohgod/og kush plants has phosphorus def. I have almost always phd my water to 6.5 (got a proper meter about 5weeks ago .) I'm wondering if I should flush out my soil and then feed or ifi should feed see if it clears and then flush . also I have been feeding with gh biothrive bloom +camag. (2-4-4)..I have some 10-52-10 and I was thinking of giving them a feed with it. Is this a good idea ? . any input would be greatly appreciated. . thanks .

I hate to see this go unanswered, so I'll be the one to ask for more details! Pictures would make it much easier to diagnose too. Try to fill out most of the following:

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Hey . so the strain is god bud /og kush 70/30 indica sativa , they are 4.5 weeks into flower . I had been feeding them (gh) biothrive grow during veg(4-3-3) and biothrive bloom in flower (. 2-4-4 ) I did not do a flush before switching food(may have over fed ) . they are in soil 10g pales and 10g bag . I water usually every 3-4 day . these plants are big and soil drys quickly . I'm not sure how to post pics but I'll try . some leaves around top coalas are dried out in middle and crunchy .(under light) . I did not hear back so I fed a light feed with 10-52 -10 . ....I am also growing another strain called hoama . 70/30 also. Afgani /purps . I did a heavy water yesterday and noticed a lot of biothrive in run off . so I'm thinking the kush will have the same build up and need a flush . ..do I have to do a full flush ? If so how many gallons of water do I need to do this .? Also will it hurt my yeild to flush now ? Thanks for any help . ..I'll try to post pics

Here's a guide on uploading pictures:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

It shouldn't hurt you too much to do a flush now, if you feed during the next watering. It also sounds like you may want to do a flush. Are you watering with much runoff? For flushing, typically people recommend 2-3 times the volume of the pot. In your case that would be 20 gallons... That's a lot! You could get by with less if they aren't terrible.

It sounds like you may have some heat stress on the upper leaves? What is your light source? It could also be nute burn. Are the tips of the leaves burnt/brown?

Hi there ..iv got 2, 1000 watt hps the room stays cool I'm in a cooler climate and run at night with a good intake . however the tops may be getting a bit warm , I actually don't put anything directly under , ..and no I haven't had much if any run off until yesterday when I soaked the hoama strain with fresh water . which made realize the kush probly needs it also ...I'm going to try to upload a pic now .

IMG_20150729_103946957.jpg

Hello, looking at the plants they don't seem to look like they have lockout issues. There seems to be no sign of Nute burn or toxicity so it could just be that they need the extra PK. Usually around 4/5 weeks into flower is the time when growers give their plants the PK boost such as Canna PK 13/14 for the extra boost the plants need. Other than that the plants are looking tasty :thumb:

High Lickersogk

I'll raise a glass to Kriase there. They look just fine. The colas are in great shape and after 4 weeks of flowering it's normal for older fan leaves to start going funky. If anything I'd say they are a bit over-nuted and if those fan leaves go all dry and crunchy instead of yellowing that's nute burn. Like me they're getting old and burnt out. :)

I wouldn't feed them anything for the next couple waterings. They should be able to coast on what they have to the end now. The plant's feeding slows a lot after the stretch and people tend to feed a lot more than they can use. Forming and fattening up flowers takes a lot less food than growing all the new plant material they do in the first 3 weeks of flower.

I monitored the ppm of a DWC ScroG daily a few years ago and during late veg just before flipping the ppm would drop 50/day. A week after flipping it was going down over 200/day then as the stretch ended it gradually slowed to 50/day again and by week 6 was 30/day. For the first time my older fan leaves started yellowing instead of going all crispy and the ppm near the end was down to 300. I never flushed her and after a slow dry and cure smoked smooth as silk.

That's my $.02. :)

L8r

I'd agree with these guys, they're looking healthy! If those are the older/lower fan leaves that are discoloring, it is normal. It's hard to tell from the pictures though. I don't see any burnt tips so I'm leaning toward them wanting a little more food. Just to be sure though, I wouldn't feed them either for the next 2-3 times. If you see any lower leaves yellowing and dying, she's probably ready for a bit more food.

Also the lighting makes it hard to tell, but could that be pest damage on the leaves in the last 2 pictures you shared? I can't tell if it's from a pest like thrips or spider mites or if it is just a deficiency. Either way, she's looking good!

Hey guys ..thanks alot for the input . Jojo , no those leaves are on one of the main coalas , I honestly haven't noticed any pests , except on a clone in the other room , I'm going to not feed and do a heavy water on the kush I also have another monster and it is yellowing pretty bad all over . . I'll post pics . iv really babied these girls and never had a problem during veg and I had to transfer from. 5 to 10 gallon after about 5 -6weeks veg . so I maybe just paranoid but I feel iv done extremely well for my first grow and don't want to ruin it now . thanks again guys.

I wouldn't say that these brown spot are "normal". My leaves don't yellow or get brown spots like that when everything goes right. With any strain. As for the yellowing in the last picture you posted, it looks like either a nitrogen deficiency or a pH problem.

What would you say is causing it ? Phosphorus? Thanks

Could be phos, maybe magnesium. It could be nutrient burn as well. The plant looks really dark green. Not sure if it's just the light. But if it's actually that dark green, then it could be a little over fed. I would do go with what old med and jojo have mentioned: just give them water for the next couple of waterings and see how they react. If it gets better, then you know they were over fed; if it gets worse, then you know they need more.

Hello again, a glass raised in return to OldMedUser :volcano-smiley: I'm a new grower myself with only a couple of runs under my belt so my experience is not vast, but if there was a problem to run into in either of my grows you can bet that I ran into it. How long is left to flower on those plants, 3 to 4 weeks? I know the old adage is that less is more when it comes to nutrients but I actually ran across this Phosphorus deficiency myself in my last grow, which is why I'm kind of stuck on the fact that your plant is asking for more P. Yellowing of the leaves is normal when senescence is coming upon the plant and it would start at the lower leaves first then work its way up to the higher leaves as the older leaves die off. I don't think this is the case with your plants as the deficiency is showing on the higher leaves from what I saw.

As for the possibility of pest problems the last of the two pictures does look as though it could possibly be due to thrips or mites as it looks to have white spots, but that picture is unclear. The first of those two particular pictures looks exactly how Phosphorus deficiencies are shown pretty much everywhere I have read, and pretty much exactly the same as my leaves did too (I got lucky and had both mites and Thrips to keep me busy but they didn't cause the P def) plus with a close inspection any pests would be pretty hard to miss with leaves at that stage.

Underfeeding your plants with 3 or 4 weeks minimum left to run might not mean the difference between life and death for the plant, they're very resilient, but it will affect flower production in both yield and potency. So unfortunately although I'm a new grower I still can't agree with the more experienced replies that you are receiving, which is probably not much help to you. I'd get a second opinion no matter what if I was your plant doctor ;), although the one thing we all agree on is that your flowers are looking nice and healthy :thumb:

One thing I will do which should be of help to you is post this link in my journal and ask for help there, the 420Magazine community is amazing in their ability to help (a belated welcome BTW) and I find that the advice offered is usually spot on, unless you get a newbie sticking their oar in like me :rofl: No offence or disrespect to anyone and lots of advice is always better than no advice at all. Good luck and I hope that you find the correct path to that fruity budness. It might also be wise to set yourself a journal up too. It helps you keep a track of everything and other people can sometimes spot potential problems before they do actually become a problem. All the best :thumb:

That last big plant pic looks totally normal to me. The older fan leaves are going nice and yellow while the secondary leaves are still a healthy green and the colas are looking great for half way thru flowering. You just got a bit of the Newbie Jitters my friend. :)

To your plants this is their autumn. Like trees in the fall they are pulling in resources from their leaves and the older leaves are changing colour first.

All the macronutrients, N,P,K and 2 of the micronutrients, Mg, Zn are mobile as in the plant can move them to where they are needed the most. The rest are fixed in the parts of the plant where they were used.

The only thing I would feed them now is something like Big Bud and very little of that. One good shot at 5 weeks then that's it. Big Bud is 1- 17 - 38 plus a lot of amino acids and chelated minerals that boost flower production. Tomatoes would do better with 1 - 38 - 17 and if you look at tomato ferts they are of a ratio with the P higher than the K. We're not growing tomatoes here tho. :)

Any extra N now will retard flower development rather than enhance it.

L8r

That last big plant pic looks totally normal to me. The older fan leaves are going nice and yellow while the secondary leaves are still a healthy green and the colas are looking great for half way thru flowering. You just got a bit of the Newbie Jitters my friend. :)

To your plants this is their autumn. Like trees in the fall they are pulling in resources from their leaves and the older leaves are changing colour first.

All the macronutrients, N,P,K and 2 of the micronutrients, Mg, Zn are mobile as in the plant can move them to where they are needed the most. The rest are fixed in the parts of the plant where they were used.

The only thing I would feed them now is something like Big Bud and very little of that. One good shot at 5 weeks then that's it. Big Bud is 1- 17 - 38 plus a lot of amino acids and chelated minerals that boost flower production. Tomatoes would do better with 1 - 38 - 17 and if you look at tomato ferts they are of a ratio with the P higher than the K. We're not growing tomatoes here tho. :)

Any extra N now will retard flower development rather than enhance it.

L8r

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this. That yellowing does not look normal to me. My plants look like that in their last three or four days of life (about a week after flush), but never before then. And early on in my experience, I had some that looked like that half way through bloom and the result was a severely decreased yield. Varying amounts of nitrogen are necessary throughout bloom, with the exception of the flush period. It keeps the leaves green and photosynthesizing. Photosynthesis is required even for bud development. If the leaves are yellow, they aren't photosynthesizing as much.

Back
Top Bottom